MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

@MMS :jbhmm:

If I can not troll for a moment. :hubie:

But a few years ago I saw a video on YouTube (can’t remember what it was called) but the guy (scientist) explained how the only way the Egyptians created the pyramids logically was some type of magnetic/levitating mechanism or process to move the stones

He explained it all pretty well and showed how it would work today and could work with larger (any weight) objects

Have you heard of this theory before? And do you think Egyptians made pyramids or some other beings. :youngsabo:

what would it mean to you if Egyptians built it or aliens or whatever else?

I think people underestimate the ancient peoples in all things, I was trying to educate @Fill Collins in another thread or atleast allude to the fact we could be living in what I will call propagating realities

where we need the context of the past, to live in the present. So there are things they may have built, said and did that are still felt today

there is sufficient evidence that the egyptians paid laborers to do it and that they had the know how to do so without "magic beetles"

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps

I think people underestimate the ancient peoples in all things, I was trying to educate @Fill Collins in another thread or atleast allude to the fact we could be living in what I will call propagating realities

where we need the context of the past, to live in the present. So there are things they may have built, said and did that are still felt today

there is sufficient evidence that the egyptians paid laborers to do it and that they had the know how to do so without "magic beetles"
I refused to end my own life or rebel against the absurd so I chose the religion option :manny:

I went back to square one and found the Catholic Church; Pan is indeed dead, and I don't feel a need to worry about all this extra stuff

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Did the instagram post really go over your head?:wtf:

Or maybe you didn’t read my post all the way.

Watch it again.

I know you have some more complex theories other than “they had the know how” :unimpressed:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Did the instagram post really go over your head?:wtf:

Or maybe you didn’t read my post all the way.

Watch it again.

I know you have some more complex theories other than “they had the know how” :unimpressed:

so speaking of things going over peoples heads @Koichos

i was meditating on Othniel son of Kenaz the first judge of Israel and major judge of Judah specifically

his name is interesting with respect to Egypt

עָתְנִיאֵ֥ל

so phonetically it is actually "Aten-ee-El" and it means "God Is Force" or "Lion Of El" from traditional sources...but what if it means something else entirely?

Aten, Yodh, El? :jbhmm: @Marks coincidence or not?

depositphotos_445074360-stock-illustration-religion-ancient-egypt-goddess-nut.jpg

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
so speaking of things going over peoples heads @Koichos

i was meditating on Othniel son of Kenaz the first judge of Israel and major judge of Judah specifically

his name is interesting with respect to Egypt

עָתְנִיאֵ֥ל

so phonetically it is actually "Aten-ee-El"
'Aten-ee-El' is an impossible vocalization of עתניאל and, anyway, the first letter of Egyptian 'Aten' corresponds to א not ע...

Besides, there are only 3 syllables in the name
עָתְנִיאֵל ˁΟtniyel. If I may give a short lesson in diḳduḳ (Hebrew grammar),

i. the vowel beneath the ע is not a ḳamatz raħav (which is vocalized as 'ah') but a ḳamatz ħaṭuf (which sounds more like 'oh'); and
ii. the vowel beneath the
ת is not a sh'va naˁ (semi-vowel equivalent to ‘T'’ in ‘T'pol’) but a sh'va naħ (vocalized as if vowelless).

You can hear how עָתְנִיאֵל is actually pronounced by following the links below:
Y'hοshuˁa 15:17 (read at 3:27)

Shοfṭim 1:3 (read at 2:32)

Shοfṭim 3:9,11 (read at 1:49 and 2:16)

D.H. Alef 4:13 (read at 1:46 and 1:48)

D.H. Alef 27:15 (read at 2:48)

• Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
'Aten-ee-El' is an impossible vocalization of עתניאל and, anyway, the first letter of Egyptian 'Aten' corresponds to א not ע...

Besides, there are only 3 syllables in the name
עָתְנִיאֵל ˁΟtniyel. If I may give a short lesson in diḳduḳ (Hebrew grammar),

You can hear how
עָתְנִיאֵל is actually pronounced by following the links below:

Jeremiah 32:26-34

26 Then came the word of the Lord unto Jeremiah, saying,

27 Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

28 Therefore thus saith the Lord; Behold, I will give this city into the hand of the Chaldeans, and into the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, and he shall take it:

29 And the Chaldeans, that fight against this city, shall come and set fire on this city, and burn it with the houses, upon whose roofs they have offered incense unto Baal, and poured out drink offerings unto other gods, to provoke me to anger.

30 For the children of Israel and the children of Judah have only done evil before me from their youth: for the children of Israel have only provoked me to anger with the work of their hands, saith the Lord.

31 For this city hath been to me as a provocation of mine anger and of my fury from the day that they built it even unto this day; that I should remove it from before my face,

32 Because of all the evil of the children of Israel and of the children of Judah, which they have done to provoke me to anger, they, their kings, their princes, their priests, and their prophets, and the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

33 And they have turned unto me the back, and not the face: though I taught them, rising up early and teaching them, yet they have not hearkened to receive instruction.

34 But they set their abominations in the house, which is called by my name, to defile it.
:sadcam::wtf:

was reading this earlier and this passage of Jeremiah just gave me some context
Meaning
My Trust Is In The Son Of Ashur
Those Who Went Into Exile Now Realize That They Will Be In Eternal Bondage

if Abraham came from Ur of the Chaldees...then the hand of the chaldeans is a high level hand

Numbers 13:17-19
17 And Moses sent them to spy out the land of Canaan, and said unto them, Get you up this way southward, and go up into the mountain:

18 And see the land, what it is, and the people that dwelleth therein, whether they be strong or weak, few or many;

19 And what the land is that they dwell in, whether it be good or bad; and what cities they be that they dwell in, whether in tents, or in strong holds;

Ive never understood this line until I considered your diacritical mark explanations

Last edited:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Got a good one for the thread now. Saw this video and although I don’t agree with everything said in it, it’s a really good video on a complex and controversial topic. :manny:

If I didn’t know better I’d say @MMS made this video as I remember him having similar views as the channel makes. :banderas:

I know all too well how he’s extremely opposed to the idea sacrifices in the Bible much less “child sacrifice” and this being possibly why he doesn’t believe in Yahweh…… allegedly

I’ll let you and @Koichos battle it out on this topic. :steviej:

I’ll keep my views on this video private, for now :youngsabo:

• Haha

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

Got a good one for the thread now. Saw this video and although I don’t agree with everything said in it, it’s a really good video on a complex and controversial topic. :manny:

If I didn’t know better I’d say @MMS made this video as I remember him having similar views as the channel makes. :banderas:

I know all too well how he’s extremely opposed to the idea sacrifices in the Bible much less “child sacrifice” and this being possibly why he doesn’t believe in Yahweh…… allegedly

I’ll let you and @Koichos battle it out on this topic. :steviej:

I’ll keep my views on this video private, for now :youngsabo:

you shouldnt be attempting to pronounce the name, thats what I dont believe in

but i also know that the narrative in the old testament is 100% controlled by the assyrian/babylonians because they are the ones the let the jews go ultimately

so what survived the captivity was screened and "allowed" by them (see above jeremiah passage)

IE the entire Exodus COULD be a persian ploy against the egyptians

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

but i also know that the narrative in the old testament is 100% controlled by the assyrian/babylonians because they are the ones the let the jews go ultimately

so what survived the captivity was screened and "allowed" by them (see above jeremiah passage)

IE the entire Exodus COULD be a persian ploy against the egyptians

But wasn’t it written in “Hebrew”. How could Babylonian leaders read or understand it, much less why would they care?

I could be wrong, am I @Koichos ?

I think the real point is, the scriptures ended up how they did because God wanted like that :hubie:

Like i said, I could read it and understand it differently than how you do.

I don’t even think anyone NOT Jewish would understand or relate to any of these Jewish scriptures back then. I think the Jewish people in their current state had to make sense of things and the situation they were in and from that they got their “identity”

And I was thinking If Egyptians aren’t the “bad guys” why isn’t most the world worshiping Egyptian Gods right now instead of a Jewish one? :jbhmm:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
But wasn’t it written in “Hebrew”. How could Babylonian leaders read or understand it, much less why would they care?

I think the real point is, the scriptures ended up how they did because God wanted like that :hubie:

Like i said, I could read it and understand it differently than how you do.

I don’t even think anyone NOT Jewish would understand or relate to any of these Jewish scriptures back then. I think the Jewish people in their current state had to make sense of things and the situation they were in and from that they got their “identity”

And I was thinking If Egyptians aren’t the “bad guys” why isn’t most the world worshiping Egyptian Gods right now instead of a Jewish one? :jbhmm:
thats an oxymoron

the egyptians themselves wrote into their myth how their God went to the middle east purposefully (but ultimately comes back)

and amongst the pharaohs there was only one God. It was only amongst the nomes that there were a multitude albeit they are really just different ways of looking at the same thing

to understand why its complicated you have to remember that Sarai caused plagues on Egypt...the "sister-wife" of Abraham

i do agree that they did end up the way they are because of what you said...however its important to understand why

many historians have estimated that the old testament is not actually historically put together in order (meaning things have been added/subtracted over the years) such that the narrative today is what is mutually accepted.

Daniel 2:1-6

1 And in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar Nebuchadnezzar dreamed dreams, wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleep brake from him.

2 Then the king commanded to call the magicians, and the astrologers, and the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans, for to shew the king his dreams. So they came and stood before the king.

3 And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit was troubled to know the dream.

4 Then spake the Chaldeans to the king in Syriack, O king, live for ever: tell thy servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation.

5 The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, The thing is gone from me: if ye will not make known unto me the dream, with the interpretation thereof, ye shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill.

6 But if ye shew the dream, and the interpretation thereof, ye shall receive of me gifts and rewards and great honour: therefore shew me the dream, and the interpretation thereof.
The god was connected to and often depicted as a scarab beetle (ḫprr in Egyptian). Scarab beetles lay their eggs within dung balls, and as a result, young beetles emerge from the balls fully formed, having eaten their way out of the mounds.[8] This caused ancient Egyptians to believe that these insects were created from nothingness.[9] They also believed that each day the sun was reborn or created from nothing, thus explaining the connection made between the Sun and the scarab.[8]
Diodorus Siculus gives another version of the myth in which Osiris was described as an ancient king who taught the Egyptians the arts of civilization, including agriculture, then travelled the world with his sister Isis, the satyrs, and the nine muses, before finally returning to Egypt. Osiris was then murdered by his evil brother Typhon, who was identified with Set. Typhon divided the body into twenty-six pieces, which he distributed amongst his fellow conspirators in order to implicate them in the murder. Isis and Hercules (Horus) avenged the death of Osiris and slew Typhon. Isis recovered all the parts of Osiris' body, except the phallus, and secretly buried them. She made replicas of them and distributed them to several locations, which then became centres of Osiris worship.
26 letters in english language :jbhmm:

Last edited:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats an oxymoron

the egyptians themselves wrote into their myth how their God went to the middle east purposefully (but ultimately comes back)

and amongst the pharaohs there was only one God. It was only amongst the nomes that there were a multitude albeit they are really just different ways of looking at the same thing

to understand why its complicated you have to remember that Sarai caused plagues on Egypt...the "sister-wife" of Abraham

i do agree that they did end up the way they are because of what you said...however its important to understand why

many historians have estimated that the old testament is not actually historically put together in order (meaning things have been added/subtracted over the years) such that the narrative today is what is mutually accepted.

Daniel 2:1-6

26 letters in english language :jbhmm:

Wait a minute….. I just realized you successfully changed the topic and dodged the question and the whole point of the video :banderas:

What’s your stance on sacrifice in the Bible?

How would you explain the scriptures alluding to “child sacrifice” and what are your thoughts on Yahweh of the OT?

I dunno if your position has changed since last time this topic came up in another thread

And I see @Koichos doesn’t want any part in this topic :ohhh:

• Haha

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
Yes, yes, yes! And if I may enlarge upon your remark, not only is the group of letters yοd, he, vav, he never read as written, but the two sets of vowel diacritics you see it pointed with in all printed editions of the Tana"ch actually belong to the two titles אֲֲֲדֹֹֹנָָָי and אֱֱֱלֹֹהִִים.

The four letters are invariably read as אֲֲֲדֹֹֹנָָָי except where they follow the ACTUAL title אֲֲֲדֹֹֹנָָָי - in which case they are read as אֱֱֱלֹֹהִִים.
When read as אֲֲֲדֹֹֹנָָָי, the consonants of the Explicit Name are pointed with the vowels of אֲֲֲדֹֹֹנָָָי, making it look like...
*Marked at B'reshyt 2:4 (=first occurrence of the Name), 2:5, 2:7, 2:8 and 2:9

When read as אֱֱֱלֹֹהִִים, the consonants of the Explicit Name are pointed with the vowels of אֱֱֱלֹֹהִִים, making it look like...
*Marked at B'reshyt 15:2 (=first occurrence of the pair) and 15:8

Hebrew and a small amount of Aramaic.

• Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Yes, yes, yes! And if I may enlarge upon your remark, not only is the group of letters yοd, he, vav, he never read as written, but the two sets of vowel diacritics you see it pointed with in all printed editions of the Tana"ch actually belong to the two titles אֲֲֲדֹֹֹנָָָי and אֱֱֱלֹֹהִִים.

The four letters are invariably read as אֲֲֲדֹֹֹנָָָי except where they follow the ACTUAL title אֲֲֲדֹֹֹנָָָי - in which case they are read as אֱֱֱלֹֹהִִים.

Hebrew and a small amount of Aramaic.
reading this caused a dream. It was like Rahab revealing Shaddai to me

gif.gif

giphy.gif

then Leah exposed herself to me while i was humming this song

storagepit.jpg

but instead of pondering this, i noticed David hiding in a strange place :jbhmm:

She has three more sons, namely Simeon, Levi and Judah, but does not bear another son until Rachel offers her a night with Jacob in exchange for some mandrake root (דודאים, dûdâ'îm). Leah gives birth to two more sons after this, Issachar and Zebulun, and to Jacob's only daughter, Dinah.

hope this is still on topic

Last edited:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
reading this caused a dream. It was like Rahab revealing Shaddai to me

gif.gif

giphy.gif

then Leah exposed herself to me while i was humming this song

storagepit.jpg

but instead of pondering this, i noticed David hiding in a strange place :jbhmm:

hope this is still on topic

I don’t know how you come up with these random extensive posts :banderas:

But can’t stay on the thread topic of “sacrifices”:beli:

• Haha