The Last Kingdom (now on Netflix)

Daps
s1e4

This theological debate between Uhtred and Alfred :banderas:

Alfred: "You still wear the amulet, I see :mjpls:"

Uhtred: "To remind me of Earl Ragnar :ufdup:"

Alfred: "And why do you not attend church with your wife?"

Uhtred: "God created everything that surrounds me, the fields, rivers, the forest. The land is my church. And I pray each day, Lord, in silence. :ufdup:"

Alfred: ":ehh:"

Daps
I'm on s1e8 and I decided to google Iseult's fine @$$.

Did y'all know the actress' name is Charlie Murphy? :mjlol:

Anyway :steviej:

2c7945a78159b8ff809c5464e66805de.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000528133236.jpg

She look aight for a white girl.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm on s1e8 and I decided to google Iseult's fine @$$.

Did y'all know the actress' name is Charlie Murphy? :mjlol:

Anyway :steviej:

2c7945a78159b8ff809c5464e66805de.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000528133236.jpg

She look aight for a white girl.

She's in a show that just came out on Netflix called Obsession. Looks like she's getting smashed on that but :hubie: I'm not into those Sex/Life or Fifty Shades Of Grey type of shows.

Daps
HAVE YET TO WATCH THE 7 KINGS MOVIE, BREHS, DO NOT SPOIL ME, I'M REWATCHING THE SERIES

S1e8

When Leofric and Uhtred got to Odda's estate :mjlol:

Aethelwold: "Leofric, Uhtred! :gladbron::blessed: My prayers have been answered. God is good :unimpressed:"

:laff:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
6.5 or 7

Ragnar should have been in Valhalla

I noticed a possible inconsistency. They make it a big deal they have to hold a weapon to make it to Valhalla but Heaston was there and I remembered he got bodied unarmed. Technically he died holding a weapon but it was in his guts and he wasn't holding it :mjgrin:. He paid his debt to Uhtred with his life but is that enough to enter Valhalla?

Mans spent most of the series a wylin' coward but he gets to be in Valhalla, nasty ass Brida gets in but after all the trouble Uhtred and Co. went through to absolve Ragnar he's no where in sight :picard:

Daps
HAVEN'T WATCHED 7 KINGS YET, DON'T SPOIL ME BREHS, I'M REWATCHING S2

S2 was really an incredible season. That scene when Siegfried and Erik's army kidnapped Aethelflaed was a really well-shot scene.

When Beocca thought he lost Thyra :mjcry: That was some great acting, I thought somebody was cutting onions :mjcry:

I love the negotiation scenes when they were negotiating for the Princess' release.

My nxgga Clappa :mjcry:

The season finale when Uhtred got hit and had a concussion and got up with blood oozing from his head and mouth talking about some "Siegfried, Siegfried, I am here! :damn:"

:mjlol:

Uhtred never should have sworn anything to Aethelflaed. :snoop:

How you save her and she asking you to reward her? She was supposed to sneak out 1000 pieces of silver to my mans :snoop:

Daps
Just watched 7 Kings Must Die

The writing was subpar. Didn’t like the plot of Aethelstan being a mad boy king. The not from Harlem bits :dame: weren’t needed.

The ending was ok

Yeah it was too rushed. They should have made another season. Maybe that would fleshed the storyline out and made certain parts make sense. Aethelstan being a fxggot didn't make sense from where we left him in the last season.

Daps
I disagree. I think yall are forgetting one fundamental point that Uhtred made in s4. The Danes would never be successful because there was no loyalty, and no true brotherhood between them. I forget exactly how he put it, but when Bloodhair and Haestan wanted Ragnar to join their army, Uhtred told them it would never work because the Danes would eventually start fighting among themselves. And thats exactly what happened. Cnut put a hit on his own cousin and Haestan killed Bloodhair.

Uhtred knew from jump that the Danes would never be successful because there was too much instability among them.

So if he betrayed Alfred, he would have been with the infighting Danes while Alfred and the Saxons would never have forgotten and would have made a move on them sooner or later when the Danes decided they were ready to go to war again.

Uhtred's best bet was always with the Saxons. And on some level, he knew the Danes were wrong. He grew up with them, counted himself as one of them and in all the ways that mattered, he was.... except for their bloodlust and craving for war.

Danes want to kill Saxons. Uhtred didn't want to kill Saxons.

So he never would have been able to go along with that.

His best bet for doing what yall are talking about was when Alfred pushed him too far after his wife died. That was his moment to join the Danes if there was ever any. And he was content to do that.

Until they started talking about killing Saxons. Then he was like, "aight, imma head out :francis:"
Heart of a Dane

Soul of a Saxon

Makes sense because Uhtred was a highborn Saxon by blood while Brida was basically a peasant that was abused her whole life as a kid. She had no reason to go back. Uhtred was going to command respect on either side so he kept waffling on where to land.

Saxons were slicc but he trusted them more than the Danes. Saxons made the "logical, smart" play whereas Danes would betray you even if it wasn't the smartest move. A bunch of Alpha males that each thought THEY should be the Big Dog.