The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the kingdom has only sold over 10 million copies

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He said he wants enduring IP. I’ve only played one Ratchet and Clank and it was on PS3. That shyt.. I give it a 10/10. 5 fukking stars. That game was perfect. It made me want to play more of the games etc. I think it has potential for an enduring IP. It has great platforming just like Mario. In some ways it’s better than Mario.
@The Mad Titan about to have a meltdown because here you are, an obvious Zelda/Nintendo super stan giving extremely high praise for a Sony game and even praising specifically the gameplay :wow:.

Now you're no longer a Zelda super fan, you're an undercover Sony stan. Turn off TOTK and start stanning Uncharted 4.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You don’t even know what you’re arguing, Nintendo’s prominence in gaming is tied to their exclusive IP of over 30 years being quality titles, that once again, you can only play on nintendo hardware. Mario and Zelda are synonymous with Nintendo for that reason.
:stopitslime:
No, I never said any of this. I said nintendo is a brand, there success as of late has nothing to do with if a game is an exclusive or not.
You think “brands” are created out of nowhere and that the reason the playstation is more popular than the xbox is because of marketing or some other hocus pocus spells, not because sony has largely tied big hit games to their platform just like Nintendo has.
Again you making up stuff, if i thought this is how "brands" are created then sony would have a ton of them and so would xbox.
Instead, sony is heavily dependent on having exclusive games not any particular developed IP. The only Sony Ip yall looking forward to this year is TLOU the rest are 3rd party established brands aka FF16, silent hill, MGS3, spiderman or whatever yall hype about.
This is why we tell you you’re wrong, you think you came up with the term “branding” and now we’re all just now catching on. No, nikka…what we’re telling you is Xbox needs actual IP tied to their platform like they had in the 360 days that built their reputation. You don’t get great “branding” without a good product, as of right now xbox is lacking big IP so no one cares.

And this is where I tell you, this has nothing to do with Xbox and you insist that it must. But you keep bringing up Xbox...
when all I was saying is that nintendo is in a different league when it comes to there IP's and that popularity and it isn't because of exclusivity it's because they are a brand. Yall the one that got in yall feelings about it.

The funny thing is Xbox actually has a couple game brands under their flag, the #1 being minecraft.

Playstation has nothing that comes close to Mario or Minecraft.

How many playstation IP's are in Smash brothers ultimate? Compared to Xbox IP's :mjgrin:

Here's a list of the most popular "playstation" franchises.

So "organic"

:mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@The Mad Titan about to have a meltdown because here you are, an obvious Zelda/Nintendo super stan giving extremely high praise for a Sony game and even praising specifically the gameplay :wow:.

Now you're no longer a Zelda super fan, you're an undercover Sony stan. Turn off TOTK and start stanning Uncharted 4.
:sadcam:
But I feel the same way about TLOU and GOW 2018:lupe:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

I beat Uncharted 1,2,3 but only halfway done with 4, which btw is also a classic. I had a PS5 when post people didn't have one. I once bought a PS2 in Hawaii before Sony started selling it on the mainland. Bushido Blade is my fav PS1 game. Shadow of Colossus my fav PS2 game, ain't undercover nothing dawg, before TOTK dropped I was playing Call of Duty MW2 on PS5 had a clan and everything. Just cause I have Link in my avatar and be posting about Zelda nonstop doesn't mean I'm not a Sony fan but hey Nintendo got the GOTY :yeshrug:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
at this point I forgave them for not giving me a Wind Waker 2 the game is pure crack

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
PlayStation has Ratchet and Clank. They just need to be more aggressive with Ratchet and Clank like Nintendo is with Mario. Ratchet and Clank has so much potential!!! I remember playing it on PS3 back in the day it felt like I was playing a Cartoon CGI movie. I haven't played the last two games but I bet the quality is just as high. They also had a movie right? It probably didn't perform well because there wasn't sufficient build up or hype around it compared to Mario movie which had all these famous stars and controversy.
My nikka.

Ratchet and Clank? Have no beef with you so don't take this the wrong way but STFU!

Mario is out here trailblazing genres and you wanna offer up Ratchet and Clank? That's like putting steakums next to a slow braised short rib, smoked with rosemary and crushed garlic cloves.

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
Elden Ring, possibly the most hyped game of last year, sold 12 million copies in the first month, and is available on PS4,PS5,Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC.

Tears of the Kingdom sold 10 million in its first weekend, and is only available on the switch.

I don't know what point you're trying to make here.