What was the point of casting him

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
just got back and...:pachaha: I mean it's literally the lion king.

out of all the disney live remakes I've seen, this is probably the one that deviates the least from its animated counterpart...for better or worse.

be prepared was butchered

shyt sounded like

hakuna matata wasn't bad, liked how they actuly said fart

circle of life, can't wait to be king were good

:dwillhuh: @ can you feel the love tonight...in the daytime

nice beauty and the beast reference

mufasa's death didn't have the same impact

am i trippin or were there some instances they was talking directly to the camera (not narration) and the lips weren't moving?

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Alright first off the cgi was amazing. All the animals looked real as hell:whoo:. The problem with that is it looked too real. In many scenes you couldn't tell the difference between Simba and scar or Nala and her mother unless they spoke. Also the faves had little to no emotion in them since they looked so real. It was almost like watching a dubbed animal planet movie at times. But it wasn't really as bad as ppl are making it seem.

There were a few songs in the movie. The one with Beyonce and Glover was kinda cringe tbh but again wasn't that bad. The other songs were alright.

The best parts of the movie were the scenes with Timone and Pumbaa. Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner worked well together and brought good comedic relief to the movie.

I remember literally nothing about the animated movie so I can't compare the two tbh. But this wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. I preferred the live Aladdin to this but this wasn't bad. 7.5/10 in my opinion:ehh:.

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Just came back from the movie. No spoilers but it doesn't hold a candle to the original. Felt really flat. Music didnt feel epic. Timon and Pumbaa made the movie. Scar was ehh. Beyonce felt out of place in this. Disney should have left this movie alone to remake.

Some of the best scenes were ruined. If you've never seen the original this could impress you.
This, they really stole the show.

ns8915

Banned
Daps
Bet Those Youtube Views On Those Songs Gonna Be In The Millions In A Year

ns8915

Banned
Daps
Crackers Could Never Do This...Thought You Would Be Happy

THE BEST LIVE ACTION DISNEY MOVIE..

LION KING LIVE ACTION shytS ON ALL THESE LIVE ACTION TITLES

2Arj5ET.png

RYZFfh9.png

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I feel the same way about this that I did Mary poppins returns: it just feels artificial. I liked parts of that flick and parts of this one as well, but it just feels soulless. Minus the stuff anytime Timon and Pumba were on screen. The movie came alive then. Other than that, it really did feel like Gus Van Sant’s psycho. Favreau made the same choices that the original directors did but just to copy them rather than making his own artistic choices.

And everyone just sounded sleepy. Like they were doing a stage play rehearsal. It’s not a bad movie because it’s the lion king. But I can’t say I like it or fukk with it because it just feels so cold and detached; almost like there’s a robot at Disney who makes movies and engineers them. Just a weird experience.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
It was Visually stunning: :ohhh::blessed:
The story was true to the original::blessed::jawalrus:

The casting and singing was: :what::scust::trash::snoop:

I give it a C+. This did nothing for me experience wise. It bored me

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
:rudy: yeah stop doing something you're successful because of pansy ass critics people who can't get over change
Dude the movie was mediocre because of the cast. They shyt all over the visuals and story with their performance. And wtf is with the gay meerkat? They dropped the ball. They had a HR lined up And hit a popfly