The Lion King (2019) Official Thread

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Watching tomorrow with the kids. Any feel for how kids are receiving the movie? I don't think will be all "the CG animals looked very realistic however they did not properly convey emotion..."

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
u corny broads all parrot the same talking points :mjlol:

This grandpa ass nikka mad because Disney made a movie for his grandkids and not his overgrown ass. But your grandkids a ticket let them enjoy the movie stfu. nikka sound lame as fck in here crying about a damn cartoon foh bum

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I havent posted in this thread before now. They change slight moments like scar jabbing instead of digging his claws in, but its an exact remake. Its not like reboots where the basic story is the same but told differently, this is them taking the animated film and trying to trace it onto realistic lions.

I just hate the overall trend and hope it dies. Make original content or do something new with existing content, not this cashgrab shyt
People just opening their mouths wide open for bullshyt:snoop:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I'm not gonna argue over people complaining about remakes. But yall fail to realize all those Disney movies where retellings of their own. And nobody is forcing yall to watch these movies.
Nah that excuse is bullshyt. When the biggest media companies in the world keep giving us crap because they’re to afraid to be innovative, they should be called out.

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is always the excuse when something is trash :heh:

Of course it's trash to you but it gives your grandkids the same feelings you had when you saw the original Lion King 30-40 years ago when you was a kid. Basically it ain't for you old ass grandpa nikkas it's for your grandkids. Simple. Yall the type of nikkas that still go to Chuck e cheese on y'all 30-40-50 birthdays complaining about how it's wack now. Yea nikka it's wack to you but your grandkids love it. It ain't for your overgrown ass no more. Move on

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Of course it's trash to you but it gives your grandkids the same feelings you had when you saw the original Lion King 30-40 years ago when you was a kid. Basically it ain't for you old ass grandpa nikkas it's for your grandkids. Simple. Yall the type of nikkas that still go to Chuck e cheese on y'all 30-40-50 birthdays complaining about how it's wack now. Yea nikka it's wack to you but your grandkids love it. It ain't for your overgrown ass no more. Move on
There are plenty of things that “are for kids” that are objectively good. Hell I just saw Toy Story 4 and liked it.:rudy:

If something is trash or lazy it doesn’t matter who the demographic is. That’s always a lame excuse. “Oh you just don’t get it” “It’s not for you”:camby:

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are plenty of things that “are for kids” that are objectively good. Hell I just saw Toy Story 4 and liked it.:rudy:

If something is trash or lazy it doesn’t matter who the demographic is. That’s always a lame excuse. “Oh you just don’t get it” “It’s not for you”:camby:

Dude I don't judge off if a grown ass man like it or not. I judge off do your kids and grandkids like it. Because that's who it's truly for. It's that simple. Do you know how much stuff my kids watch that I be like that's so trash and wack but guess what. They love it. And when I try to show them the sht I grew up on and loved as a kid. They hate it. They be like that's so garbage and trash. Even the original Lion King. That's what I'm saying. Disney know kids are going to love this version of Lion King because that's who they made it for. It's not meant for people in their 30s-40s-50s to like or think it's good

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Nah that excuse is bullshyt. When the biggest media companies in the world keep giving us crap because they’re to afraid to be innovative, they should be called out.
For what tho nikka? Its fukking entertainment. Stfu and dont watch it. Save your money. They're not gonna stop doing something they're financially successful at.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps

Toy Story 4 was same as rehashed sentimental story. We didn't need a fukking Toy Story but nobody complained because you can't go wrong with it

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dude I don't judge off if a grown ass man like it or not. I judge off do your kids and grandkids like it. Because that's who it's truly for. It's that simple. Do you know how much stuff my kids watch that I be like that's so trash and wack but guess what. They love it. And when I try to show them the sht I grew up on and loved as a kid. They hate it. They be like that's so garbage and trash. Even the original Lion King. That's what I'm saying. Disney know kids are going to love this version of Lion King because that's who they made it for. It's not meant for people in their 30s-40s-50s to like or think it's good
I don’t know if that’s necessarily true; Disney is banking on people who grew up on The Lion King to appreciate the movie. That’s why they chose the lead actors they did (Beyonce, Donald Glover) because they have a hook on that 25-34 demographic. I personally could do without either one in those roles, but I’ll be checking it out anyway.