The LOX's Money, Power & Respect turns 18 today

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Drake bit 5 whole bars from " All for The Love" on Adrenaline ft Lil Wayne . I ain't even mad at him.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yall got me listening to this album again.

Styles on bytches from Eastwick " Creeped thru the kitchen seen Roni by the cabinet/ Shot her in the heart, then caught the urge of stabbin it" :huhldup::huhldup::huhldup::what:
:dead: he had to feel some kinda way about the shiny suits

that song and all for the love were :banderas:

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
"All For The Love" pioneered "Cloud Rap" sound before ASAP Rocky

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
It was cool but it was def more commercial then their Clue freestyles/mixtape cuts at the time. But that was to be expected fukking with Puff at the time. I actually always fukked with If You Think Im Jiggy. I dont get the We Are The Streets hate on here. That was/is an undisputed hood classic.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
It was cool but it was def more commercial then their Clue freestyles/mixtape cuts at the time. But that was to be expected fukking with Puff at the time. I actually always fukked with If You Think Im Jiggy. I dont get the We Are The Streets hate on here. That was/is an undisputed hood classic.
cats who hate on we are the streets on here probably never been to hood...bro when that album drop everybody and their moms was bumping that shyt

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
This album was a let down for me. The production ruined it

Lox was killing them 95 Dj Clue tapes
:wow:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps

My favorite track :banderas:

The album wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be. Had some bangers And I still fukk with If You Think I'm Jiggy even though most don't :manny:

I'm listening to some of these Lox tracks for the first time in a long while... and I have to agree.

What's so interesting to me is that I had this album on tape in '98. I had no idea who The Lox were but when I put in the tape, I was pleasantly surprised. Nothing blew me away but I liked about half the album (the first half) and it ended up being one of my most played of the year. I liked Livin The Life, If You Think I'm Jiggy, Money, Power Respect, Get This $, I Wanna Thank You, The Heist, bytches From Eastwick and especially So Right off the bat. I used to play THE shyt out of So Right. Livin The Life was probably my second favorite joint, then The Heist in third place. I always thought "We'll Always Big Poppa" was super fukkin corny (time hasn't changed that).

As the years progressed, I heard a lot of hate toward the first Lox album like "yo, their first album was trash. nikkas was Puffy" and all that. I didn't get it because to me, outside of Recognize and Ride or Die bytch, We Are The Streets was some serious trash. Wild Out was and remains instant basura.

Time passed, I heard If You Think I'm Jiggy on Youtube and thought: "damn, this doesn't fit the Lox at all. This is trash!" :pachaha:

Even more time passed, and a few years ago, when Fab spit on the "All For the Love" beat, I went: what fukkin beat is that!?! That beat sounds incredible! Turns out it was a Jada track on the album. What's so crazy is that a) not only is it now my favorite song on that album by far but b) I don't remember hearing this track AT ALL. I must've not fukked with it for whatever reason. Swizz was really ahead of his time :wow:

Listening to If You Think I'm Jiggy Now, I'm in the middle. I think the beat is dope but the Mase-like chorus doesn't work (it would've definitely worked if Mase did it). It is too jiggy for the way Lox flow. That whole thing should've gone to Mase. "I Wanna Thank You" is probably my 2nd favorite joint on the shyt. I barely remember "bytches From Eastwick" but still holds up.

20 years later, it's still the best Lox album :yeshrug: