The lunch rush is dead as Americans live for the weekend

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This how they're spinning the fact that people can no longer afford to eat lunch and go out on weekends anymore?

Whole article just skating past the fact that the cost of buying lunch is probably averaging $20 for most people. :mjlol:

It's either blow $100 for a week of lunches you probably don't eat at a leisurely pace, or save that for weekend fukkery or literally anything else.

When you consider what most people are getting paid, telling them that basically they're working most of their Monday to pay off the lunches they'll get for the week is crazy. :mjlol:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
It always turns into a crisis when working people stop giving rich people money:beli:

That $15 combo was all good when people were stressing. This is what i love about WFH. A lot of businesses and cities that made a killing extorting the 8-5 crowd are getting the big payback.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Mannn you can prep a week's worth of lunches for wayyyy less than that. Take that $75 and buy some groceries. Save the rest.
I hear you, and I try but some weeks I legitimately put in a 60 hour week, hit the gym 5 times a week, and I'm trying to start a side business. The money I save doesn't quite math.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Lunch hour was cool til the prices jumped through the roof

All these normal people deciding to gorge themselves and become fat caused massive food inflation and it's unsustainable cause they can teach themselves how to cook. They just don't want to but they can

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka

All these normal people deciding to gorge themselves and become fat caused massive food inflation and it's unsustainable cause they can teach themselves how to cook. They just don't want to but they can
You think prices are up because people are eating more?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

Lunch was never cheap though, even before covid. You'd still spend $20 unless you got Wendy's 5 for $5. And if you worked in corporate I'm sure you spent even more because you went out with coworkers in the city. A meal, drinks, and tip is easily $35.

You can't tell me City Office workers was paying less than $20/meal before Covid.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Lunch was never cheap though, even before covid. You'd still spend $20 unless you got Wendy's 5 for $5. And if you worked in corporate I'm sure you spent even more because you went out with coworkers in the city. A meal, drinks, and tip is easily $35.

You can't tell me City Office workers was paying less than $20/meal before Covid.
Another lie

Longhorn steakhouse been had a ten dollar burger lunch special with a a baked potato and a salad for ten dollars

Plenty of chain restaraunts do the same and your city office workers were simply too lazy or possibly too stupid to check for other options, most office workers are highly skilled in one particular area that pays well and they struggle with everything else, including reading the paragraph I just typed off the top of my head without glasses.

How many office workers can read what I just typed without glasses? And u expect these same people to research lunch specials :stopitslime:

I'm telling u I'm making unseen amounts of money lately and so are a lot of my business partners.

America is fat and they need to eat and I'm willing to sell food at a high price to help these fat folks.

Daps
Good, all these little cottage industries that was providing shyt service before covid and manage to not close and them proceed to continue to provide shyt services because they think we ain't got no choice can die on the vine.........ain't no mo getting business just because you in proximity.........

JNew

Superstar
Daps
It always turns into a crisis when working people stop giving rich people money:beli:

That $15 combo was all good when people were stressing. This is what i love about WFH. A lot of businesses and cities that made a killing extorting the 8-5 crowd are getting the big payback.

This is hurting small business as well

Daps
Pre-pandemic - had a hybrid role; WFH 2x/week and office 3x/week. We had a decent cafeteria so I usually had grilled salmon and veggies. Sometimes I'd grab pizza or pho. Price was cheap as everything was maybe $8 max.

Post-pandemic - been full-time telecommuting since March 2020. Not a single day at the office and no desire to go back. Once you get used to it, you realize how much working in an office wastes time. MS Teams and group chats allow you to collaborate and gain knowledge, tips and tricks from more experienced coworkers.