duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
DAME HAD 2 YRS LEFT ON HIS DEAL.
THE OWNER REWARDED HIM FOR A WCF BERTH.

KEMBA IS WORTH IT TO CHARLOTTE
BECAUSE THEY WONT HAVE MUCH SPACE THIS SUMMER IF HE LEAVES.

RUDY IS WORTH IT TO UTAH.
HES 50% OF THE REASON
THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS
BY ANCHORING TOP 2 DEFENSES EVERY YEAR.

THE JAZZ ARE JUST HAPPY MAKING THE PLAYOFFS BECAUSE NO ONE WILL EVER SIGN THERE.
:devil:
:evil:

If you telling me you are okay with paying Rudy Gobert a supermax...I'm telling you I don't think we can ever have a basketball conversation again...you just effectively put a very hard cap on how good your team can ever be...since you are basically saying that the other max player you are going to pair Mitchell with for the first half of his career is Rudy Gobert...Utah fans are going to go see that team rather you pay Gobert a max or not...and I don't even think jazz fans care that the team makes the playoffs...they didn't make the playoffs 5 out of 6 years and people showed up...

If you telling me you are going to pay Kemba the supermax while not even being good enough to make the playoffs and AT LEAST recoup some of that money with playoff revenue...I'm telling you from a business perspective that is a recipe for disaster...

Portland wants to reward Dame for WCF that is fine...they just need to understand that doing that sets them down the path of a hilarious tax bill...

Your arguments for who should get the supermax don't make any sense...you say Kemba is worth it to the Hornets but KAT ISNT worth it but they are both the exact same type of player putting up all nba numbers on teams who hardly ever make the playoffs in markets nobody goes to play for unless they overpay...

JLova

Veteran
Daps
The supermax contract doesn't work AT ALL...

Boogie could have became eligible...traded...

Paul George could have became eligible...traded...

Jimmy Butler could have became eligible...traded...

Kawhi WAS eligible...traded...

Anthony Davis WAS eligible...traded

KD was eligible...signed somewhere else on a 1 year deal...

Wall signed it and got hurt...just about single handily sunk their cap...hilariously enough the wizards might end up in a position to where they have to do the same thing all over again with Beal...

Portland as designed is never going to be a serious title contender...they got lucky in getting a injured OKC team in the first round and a we just made the playoffs for the first time in forever team in the second round...as soon as they played a healthy perennial playoff team...swept...and this summer they are pretty much going to have to pay Dame the supermax effectively ruining their cap for the rest of his career...hilariously enough signing Dame is going to force them into keeping their own overpaid players because they will be so far over the cap that the only other option they will have is to sign guys for the minimum...

OKC...one of the highest payrolls in the nba this year AND next year...nothing but first round exits to show for it...

So the overwhelming majority of players who were eligible or could be eligible got traded...got it and got hurt...flat out walked away and signed somewhere else...or stayed and destroyed their teams cap to the point it was almost impossible to improve the team outside of internal development...

So how exactly is this helping small market teams?

How are you acting like GS isn't great? They're funning over everyone? That squad will be talked about for many decades to come as one of if not the greatest in the history of the league. Portland held their own, but GS is legendary.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
If you telling me you are okay with paying Rudy Gobert a supermax...I'm telling you I don't think we can ever have a basketball conversation again...you just effectively put a very hard cap on how good your team can ever be...since you are basically saying that the other max player you are going to pair Mitchell with for the first half of his career is Rudy Gobert...Utah fans are going to go see that team rather you pay Gobert a max or not...and I don't even think jazz fans care that the team makes the playoffs...they didn't make the playoffs 5 out of 6 years and people showed up...

If you telling me you are going to pay Kemba the supermax while not even being good enough to make the playoffs and AT LEAST recoup some of that money with playoff revenue...I'm telling you from a business perspective that is a recipe for disaster...

Portland wants to reward Dame for WCF that is fine...they just need to understand that doing that sets them down the path of a hilarious tax bill...

Your arguments for who should get the supermax don't make any sense...you say Kemba is worth it to the Hornets but KAT ISNT worth it but they are both the exact same type of player putting up all nba numbers on teams who hardly ever make the playoffs in markets nobody goes to play for unless they overpay...

IM NOT EVEN GONNA READ ALL OF THIS.

IF YOU THINK A MAX PLAYER IS EVER SIGNING
IN UTAH TO PLAY WITH DONOVAN
YOU SHOULD STOP TALKING BASKETBALL.

THEY COULDNT EVEN KEEP
WHITE BREAD HAYWARD...

COULDNT KEEP BOOZER NOR MILSAP.
:devil:
:evil:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
very risky

i love kemba walker game but dude is almost 30 undersized and charlotte never even got out the first round with him. Why would i pay 40 plus mill for him?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The NBA needs to just accept that there's no plausible way to keep superstars (or any players, for that matter), in one place, and definitely small market teams. They tried it with longer deals/more money, and it was loopholed with SnT. Overpaying marginally good players hurts the team in the long run.

The supermax is puzzling, at best, crippling at worst, for a franchise.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
very risky

i love kemba walker game but dude is almost 30 undersized and charlotte never even got out the first round with him. Why would i pay 40 plus mill for him?
You want Tony Parker starting instead while you have nothing to sell fans?

If you're gonna trot out a minor league team, charge minor league prices.