The NFL has a California Crisis On Their Hands

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:ufdup:breh are you an LA native, Raiders are not no neck and neck wit, the Rams in LA...........
There's still wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more raiders fans..... Mexicans and blue collar people in LA go hard as fukk for the raiders breh.......
Not originally. I grew up in Fresno. I here what you're saying but the Rams got all the suburban white folks rockin' their shyt and alot of millenniums hopped aboard their train soon as they announced the move back to LA. Yeah most of the homies in the hood are with the Nation but pound for pound the shyt is neck n neck breh. What's making The Nation bigger right now is the push from the casuals. But those casuals weren't around for the past 13 years.. it was just us hardcore do or die Raider heads. So what about when the Niners were poppin' 3-4 years ago.. I saw a gang of Niner shyt even here in LA. That was that 'casual push'. If the Rams put some wins together then you're going to see that 'casual push' for the Rams and it might even look like there's more Rams fans than The Nation in LA. The metro is 18 million breh. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Yes Raider Nation is deep as fukk in LA but the Rams contingent is right there as well.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Yeah @pete clemenza I find it hard to believe Rams fans are neck and neck with Raider fans in LA. All the times I ever went to LA it was only the Raiders that had a presence in the town and had official stores with their merch. I never saw a Rams fan in LA in that whole span, hell I even saw a rare Chargers fan or two but not the Rams. I can see old school cats rockin with them but LA will always belong to the Raiders.
Well I live here. Rams left the entire state of Cali but now that they're back they got the whites, suburban cats, millennials, and some black n brown mixed in. I see lots of b*tches in Rams tee shirts and hats too. The Raider are LA and so are the Rams.. they have a deep history in LA.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
damn I missed this post, but its the truth
in places like SF/nyc this big of a space is always politics and $$$

in case of chargers, I think the project scale is so big and LA is so close that they were fine with initial loss of fans, especially since chargers fanbase is extremely local and not that big to start with. the inglewood stadium isnt on a friendly budget like levis so its destined to be a huge venue in terms of entertainment in LA, which is a big deal.
Man the Chargers had 20 years to label themselves "Southern California's True Football Team" and squandered it. With no team in LA for over 20 years all Dean Spanos had to do was take a page out of the Angels' owner, Arte Moreno, playbook and put up billboards from the tip of LA(Santa Clarita) all the way down into Tijuana(1.5 million people, don't sleep) and call the Chargers- "Southern Cali's Team". Their games were already played in LA, they should've played at least one regular season game in LA at least once every other year if not once a year. So if they did decide to move to LA it would've been all good(sort of).. but they would've at least ingrained their position pro football wise from LA to SD all the way down into Mexico. Their fanbase should've been 5x bigger than what it is but these dudes had no vision whatsoever.

Why do you think Arte Moreno ditched the Anaheim Angels name for LA Angels.. He wanted all of Southern Cali. Angels would never be bigger than the Dodgers but Arte wanted their fans too. The Chargers have lived a small market mentality since day one. :francis:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Man the Chargers had 20 years to label themselves "Southern California's True Football Team" and squandered it. With no team in LA for over 20 years all Dean Spanos had to do was take a page out of the Angels' owner, Arte Moreno, playbook and put up billboards from the tip of LA(Santa Clarita) all the way down into Tijuana(1.5 million people, don't sleep) and call the Chargers- "Southern Cali's Team". Their games were already played in LA, they should've played at least one regular season game in LA at least once every other year if not once a year. So if they did decide to move to LA it would've been all good(sort of).. but they would've at least ingrained their position pro football wise from LA to SD all the way down into Mexico. Their fanbase should've been 5x bigger than what it is but these dudes had no vision whatsoever.

Why do you think Arte Moreno ditched the Anaheim Angels name for LA Angels.. He wanted all of Southern Cali. Angels would never be bigger than the Dodgers but Arte wanted their fans too. The Chargers have lived a small market mentality since day one. :francis:
thing is, their fanbase was historically always local and small even tho they been around for 50+ years.

even in years they were dominating, it wasnt that big. obviously didnt help that they were choking it up in offs but really, even if they won the SB, dont think people would care much.

just one of those fanbases that was never meant to be. SD the city also isnt that conductive to football either. its no kc or buffalo where theres a cult following.

its not even a small market mentality, its the small brother syndrome that they never could much about it nor Im not sure they wanted to do something about.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Not originally. I grew up in Fresno. I here what you're saying but the Rams got all the suburban white folks rockin' their shyt and alot of millenniums hopped aboard their train soon as they announced the move back to LA. Yeah most of the homies in the hood are with the Nation but pound for pound the shyt is neck n neck breh. What's making The Nation bigger right now is the push from the casuals. But those casuals weren't around for the past 13 years.. it was just us hardcore do or die Raider heads. So what about when the Niners were poppin' 3-4 years ago.. I saw a gang of Niner shyt even here in LA. That was that 'casual push'. If the Rams put some wins together then you're going to see that 'casual push' for the Rams and it might even look like there's more Rams fans than The Nation in LA. The metro is 18 million breh. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Yes Raider Nation is deep as fukk in LA but the Rams contingent is right there as well.
rams already benefit from that casual push just from being here, you think these people you see rocking shyt real rams fans? and you wrong as hell on that last 13 years shyt, the only difference now is that fans could actually talk shyt.

also "homies in the hood"?:mjpls:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WWE made Levi's look godly :blessed:

WM31_03292015ca_2266.jpg

All tgese these people attended fake wrestling? The absurdity is making me laugh.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TSC strongly recommends you don't speak so carelessly :ufdup:

My bad I forgot there is a wrestling following here. I stopped watching wrestling as a kid after I found out it's just dramatic acting. I guess it's like watching a live action movie for many people.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
rams already benefit from that casual push just from being here, you think these people you see rocking shyt real rams fans? and you wrong as hell on that last 13 years shyt, the only difference now is that fans could actually talk shyt.

also "homies in the hood"?:mjpls:

Niccas still say 'homies in the hood' out here:gucci: And hell yeah the Rams got a benefit from the 'casual push' out here. And that 13 years was real shyt. I always got my Raider gear but it was rather sporadic during those down years.. Plus we got a huge "NWA push" from back in the days as well. Lets keep it 100, not everybody rockin' Raiders shyt was REAL Raider fans as well:francis:. You had a lot of cats like Snoop going from the Raiders, to Pittsburgh, to USC, to Dallas, to the Niners, and back to the Raiders again.