The Nightly Show Panel - Black Women And Dating

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
First, this isn't about me.

And number two, it's very possible that women getting degrees think too highly of themselves and compete with each other for the "best" men.

They feel that getting a guy in their program or on their level would be "settling". They will often try to go for either the best-looking/most established man or a man who's beneath them but is hyper-masculine/swagged out, and a bad boy. God forbid, however, you explain to women why overlooking "regular" guys (guys who are getting the same degrees as they are) do themselves a huge disservice because they're literally scrapping for the same minority of men. Women are the ones who choose men and the majority of women desire and choose the same kind of guy. And most of the times, that type of guy is in the heavy minority of the male population. Hence, despite women outnumbering men in grad school programs, the majority of those female grad students will either compete with each other for the same type of guy, hold out as a single woman and refuse to "settle" or date out. So guys who are having difficulty with women are justifiably dumbfounded and resentful. And they still have to put up with girls bytching about not finding a "good" man. Your claim that there's something wrong with black men who can't get black women in graduate school programs is absurdly incorrect and disingenuous.

This kind of fukkery by women happens ALL THE TIME on micro and macro levels in the real world. Graduate schools are not exempt environments.
All your post tells me is that there are less black men un grad school than women. Black women's unique situation is just that unique.
You can pick up all the stats you want that makes black women look bad and I can inversely say that its the actions of black men who are influencing the resultS.

If black women are less married than others it is due to the fact that black men on average don't marry at the same rate. If anything its confirming what black women have said about black men in marriage for like ever.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
This is how I know you're stupid. Men who are about their business and have their professions and finances in order have absolutely no problem dating after school. Women, on the other hand, do. Case in point: most of the women in the OP. This is reality. Deal with it.

bytch, I wouldn't need your number. I could pull you off the strength of my mouthpiece.

And, truth be told, not getting my share of women while I was in school was probably the best thing to happen to me. It forced me to focus on academics and my career. And I'm MUCH better for it now. And I'm smashing chicks for fun. But I will admit that it's difficult to find a loving, nurturing and relationship-minded black woman that isn't a slut, isn't a born-again virgin, isn't on that ticking time clock, or isn't a baby mama.

There's no need to say this to try to save your ego. Every woman isnt going to be interested in you and that's fact.

The dating world is cutthroat for everyone women and men but it affects us all differently.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
I need y'all to help me out with something...

On here I see people say (for lack of a better term) "accomplished "people only wanna date/marry people on their professional level.

Yet, on this clip I saw Jacque Reid try to hustle up a date with a newly divorced doctor.
Are doctors and newsfolk on the same level?
Tell me this you have a choice between a profession woman as yourself/educational background vs someone working a dead end job which one would you pick? All else being equal?
Many of you brehs belive that me Should not spend on women and women should foot the bill for almost everything.

Do you honestly think that people of social classea cannot have tension due to uprbinging.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
@Emperor_ReinScarf Yet you we're bragging about your girfriends being doctors lawyers, making six figure income as if they are depositing their hard earned money in your retirement fund. You brag of your exes and current girls accomplisments but talk about men marrying the fast food chick, etc...
in this day age, men have become just as materialistic and social climbing as women. Social class and how a girl makes you look has always been impprtant to men ... you preach what you yourself don't practice and have the audacity to talk down on people. You talk about trading girls when they've aged, what lesson have you learned and put into practice, in your glass house, have to give to anyone?

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
A lot of Black men should give Black women a quick "underdeveloped mind" test before putting a ring on it.

You wouldn't want that trait passed down to your children.
A lot of black men can't test anyone cause they can't get their own ish together enough to try to watch out for other people.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
What I was really saying though is the BM is the 150K per year auto shop owner, while the teacher who make 50K per year after 6 years in college and 100K in debt is a BW. Yet somehow many BW would think they were doing better than the guy just because they went to college.
You guys are creating scenarios that didn't exist in the discussion to side sweep how selfish you men are and how you truly only think of yourself. The op spoke of high earning professional women who are told to go with low earning men who are expected to be domestic extradinaire.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
if you practiced what y'all preach, that would be one thing but many of you don't.

[QE="Medicate, post: 12590732, member: 20556"]Still missing the point.....If a man is treating you right and can help take care of you and the family, then the amount of money/education x,y and Z and looks and other trivial shyt should not be part of the equation in you getting with him....The wrong "standard" is being put first in todays society......[/QUOTE]

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Wait, your @KenyaDoll ? Why did you switch accounts?

Btw on a simping level, if that's you in you're avi, your bf is eating well.:noah:

This was my original account which was named KenyaDoll. I changed the name to turn a new leaf and be nice however, that didn't work. I went a way for a while and then started a new KenyaDoll account but still had this one. I'm tired of the KenyaDoll account right now so I'll be SouthernBelle.

Also, thank you.

Deluuxe

Deadly Jester
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You guys are creating scenarios that didn't exist in the discussion to side sweep how selfish you men are and how you truly only think of yourself. The op spoke of high earning professional women who are told to go with low earning men who are expected to be domestic extradinaire.

I asked you this before. Lets say there ARE high earning professional woman and they have been made to go with lower earning men (have no clue what you consider high earning and low earning)

What do you value more?

Date interracial, have mulatto children? vs take lower earning man, have black family.
which would you take?And which do you think these woman should value more? :sas2:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Do you mind assembly required women?

That is the big question...many men have said they wouldn't, man have said as much but expect women to concede.

Essentially, what they are saying is because a black men can afford to be picky he can do as he pleases. But black women have to compete with other women and so they have to make concessions.

Last edited:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
I asked you this before. Lets say there ARE high earning professional woman and they have been made to go with lower earning men (have no clue what you consider high earning and low earning)

What do you value more?

Date interracial, have mulatto children? vs take lower earning man, have black family.
which would you take?And which do you think these woman should value more? :sas2:
I value the black family more than many men on here. But I will not be with a black mab that will expect me to work a high paying job and have him try to exercise his manhood by treating like a kept woman. I will be one very unhappy woman and that goes for any man regardless of race.
At the end of the day the preservation of the black family in the west must be seen as important by both genders...if black men want to increasingly put their own needs over those of their community I don't see why bw shouldn't do the same.

Last edited:

Deluuxe

Deadly Jester
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I value the black family more than many men on here. But I will not be with a black mab that will expect me to work a high paying job and have him try to exercise his manhood by treating like a kept woman. I will be one very unhappy woman and that goes for any man regardless of race.
At the end of the day the preservation of the black family in the west must be seen as important by both genders...if black men want to increasingly put their own needs over those of their community I don't see why shouldn't bw do the same.

Well then, arguement over. We know the situation black folks are in. If you find a good man that has a decent income that is not trying to freeload off you or put u in a slave position you should be good to go, because you DO value a black family more. I do agree the black dudes are disgraceful and honorless with this IR dating, but that doesn't mean BW need to be on some tit for tat shyt, thats how we have the Karazin chick, just bitter tit for tat black woman... that is not the solution

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
This was my original account which was named KenyaDoll. I changed the name to turn a new leaf and be nice however, that didn't work. I went a way for a while and then started a new KenyaDoll account but still had this one. I'm tired of the KenyaDoll account right now so I'll be SouthernBelle.

Also, thank you.
Turn a new leaf and be nice?:lupe:

Were you a mean poster in you're first account?:mjcry:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps

Also, thank you.
Will you be nice again? :patrice: