The Nuggets are in trouble...

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve heard that…what’s the upgrade?
Who knows, haven’t really looked at what’s available. They are one of the second apron teams so money is tight. They might have to try to break his salary up into lower cost options, I think KCP gonna be a FA soon too

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I think they underwhelmed a lot of us...

Just like all the champions of this 20s decade so far, they caught some very fortunate breaks last year. So did Golden State the year before, so did Milwaukee the year before, so did LA the year before, so did Toronto the year before...

None of the last 5 champions even advanced back to the conference finals the year after, which is more telling to me than they don't repeat. You can't even make it back to The Final Four, your entire run was questionable...

That Raptors '19 team was obviously a one-hit wonder. Those Lakers took 3 years to get back to the WCF so maybe not quite fraudulent. The '21 Bucks haven't been out the 2nd Rd since then and have been knocked out in Rd1 two straight years, they are obviously fraudulent...

The Warriors went from winning it all, to getting pushed out in Rd2, to missing the playoffs completely. Probably a one-hit wonder...

We'll see how Denver responds next year. But this was a disappointing end to the year when expectations were actually on them. And when I made this thread after watching the first 4 games of Rd1, it was clear they were in trouble. Only a matter of time before the magic wore off, in reality they got off by beating up on some pretty mediocre teams...

Soon as they got a real squad that could bully their two best players and expose their weak depth, they got beat in embarrassing fashion. The G2 debacle. The 45-point loss. The G7 loss at home after being up 20. These weren't just regular L's...

They were exposed as a front-running, finesse team. And good for it, there isn't a more unlikable coach in the NBA today than Malone....
The Bucks in 2023 shouldn't have lost to Miami but Giannis did get hurt in Game 1. And in 2024, he was hurt seriously before the playoffs even started.

And in 2022, they didn't have Middleton against Boston as he got hurt in the 1st round vs. Chicago. They needed him to close-out Boston.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
The Bucks in 2023 shouldn't have lost to Miami but Giannis did get hurt in Game 1. And in 2024, he was hurt seriously before the playoffs even started.

And in 2022, they didn't have Middleton against Boston as he got hurt in the 1st round vs. Chicago. They needed him to close-out Boston.
So then if one of them is hurt next year, and the year after, then what? Are we headed to Clippers status with Milwaukee?

Any way you size it up, that was a one-off. They haven't been close to a Finals before or after that run, they've shown no consistency to suggest the '21 run was who they are...

Quiet as kept too, Giannis is now on the "injury-prone" watch. I wouldn't put that on him quite yet, but it 2 consecutive years he's hurt at playoff time. He has played 11 years. I'm watching next year to see if his body is available at this time of year, he's hurt again next year, he's officially Kawhi status...

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
I think they underwhelmed a lot of us...

Just like all the champions of this 20s decade so far, they caught some very fortunate breaks last year. So did Golden State the year before, so did Milwaukee the year before, so did LA the year before, so did Toronto the year before...

None of the last 5 champions even advanced back to the conference finals the year after, which is more telling to me than they don't repeat. You can't even make it back to The Final Four, your entire run was questionable...

That Raptors '19 team was obviously a one-hit wonder. Those Lakers took 3 years to get back to the WCF so maybe not quite fraudulent. The '21 Bucks haven't been out the 2nd Rd since then and have been knocked out in Rd1 two straight years, they are obviously fraudulent...

The Warriors went from winning it all, to getting pushed out in Rd2, to missing the playoffs completely. Probably a one-hit wonder...

We'll see how Denver responds next year. But this was a disappointing end to the year when expectations were actually on them. And when I made this thread after watching the first 4 games of Rd1, it was clear they were in trouble. Only a matter of time before the magic wore off, in reality they got off by beating up on some pretty mediocre teams...

Soon as they got a real squad that could bully their two best players and expose their weak depth, they got beat in embarrassing fashion. The G2 debacle. The 45-point loss. The G7 loss at home after being up 20. These weren't just regular L's...

They were exposed as a front-running, finesse team. And good for it, there isn't a more unlikable coach in the NBA today than Malone....

All they need is more depth and 3 point shooting but that's gonna be hard to get cuz of the cap situation

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
So then if one of them is hurt next year, and the year after, then what? Are we headed to Clippers status with Milwaukee?

Any way you size it up, that was a one-off. They haven't been close to a Finals before or after that run, they've shown no consistency to suggest the '21 run was who they are...

Quiet as kept too, Giannis is now on the "injury-prone" watch. I wouldn't put that on him quite yet, but it 2 consecutive years he's hurt at playoff time. He has played 11 years. I'm watching next year to see if his body is available at this time of year, he's hurt again next year, he's officially Kawhi status...
How can you win a championship without your top two players?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
How can you win a championship without your top two players?
You're not, bit that's part of the sports ecosystem. It's a war of attrition. If your best players are hurt every year, that's your identity...

And when those guys weren't hurt, you keep overlooking this, where is the track record of consistency that indicate the '21 run is their identity? They were fumbling in the playoffs before those guys were getting hurt...

Their high point prior to then was the '19 ECF run where they were HEALTHY.....and completely crumbled in getting back doored by Toronto. Every single postseason they are hurt, or choking a series, or both...

Now those two are older and injuries are mounting. And I just remembered Giannis was hurt in the '20 playoffs too. So 3 of the last 5 postseasons your best player is hurt when you need him the most in Money Time. And when he isn't hurt, or when he's well enough to play and put up big numbers (can't have it both ways, this year was the first year he didn't play at all, he's been well enough to play all the other years he was hurt in the playoffs), your best players are all playing below expectation...

My point is and remains, the '21 Bucks were a one hit wonder. As have all the championship teams of the last half-decade dating to the '19 Raptors. Blame it on whatever. The fact is those Bucks haven't sustained contention and didn't before then...