Who is the boxer of the year?

• Total voters

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I know there is another thread that asks the same question (you can check it out HERE) but I figured it would cool to see who actually would win based on votes.
I narrowed the field down to the 5 fighters that had the most impressive year which meant I had to leave a couple dudes off like Gennady Golovkin, Mikey Garcia and Sergey Kovolov but I think the five that are listed are the most universally accepted candidates for fighter of the year.

Tim Bradley
oCCSgDN.jpg

Achievements: Won a life and death battle against Ruslan Provodnikov (which is a front runner for Fight of the Year) and followed it up by outboxing futue Hall of Famer Juan Manuel Marquez

Danny Garcia
9hWL4zu.jpg

Achievements: Ground out a win over a seemingly revitalized Zab Judah and then dismantled the heralded Lucas Matthyse in a bout that many had Garcia pegged as the underdog.

Floyd Mayweather
x2Nwk6T.jpg

Achievements: Won every round of both of his bouts this year; first against tough and capable Robert Guerrero and then against the young Mexican star Canelo Alvarez where Floyd also won the lineal light-middleweight title.

Guillermo Rigondeaux
GDnPjEw.jpg

Achievements: Put on two boxing master classes this past year. First Rigondeaux completely derailed the hype around Nonito Donaire and then shut out wily veteran Joseph Agbeko for an encore.

Adonis Stevenson
rHQzgV8.jpg

Achievements: The most active fighter on this list; Stevenson fought 4 times in 2013 winning all of his bouts by KO and against mostly top flight competition. Stevenson avenged an earlier loss by KOing Darnell Boone, then beat light-heavyweight champ Chad Dawson by KO for the WBC title; made top contender Tavoris Cloud quit on his stool and finished the year by KOing the scrappy Tony Bellew

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Swift easily

Stevenson aint really do shyt

Floyd, doesn't need the accolades

Timmy doesn't get credit for taking the ass whipping of his life vs Prov......

yo moms

drunk
Daps
So you get credit for beating like four bums; did HBO not fool you nikkas with this same gimmick with Donaire:comeon:

garcia is fighter of the year tho. i just disagreed with your point on stevenson :upsetfavre:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Its no point, this is simply another Garcia slight thread
This isn't a thread to slight Danny Garcia.:what:
I am a Garcia fan, gotta rep for the local dude and all but I just think Stevenson has had a very impressive year which is why he got my vote.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Floyd is the fighter of the year.

He went pretty much 23-1 over 24 rounds with 2 top undefeated fighters....One who was a top 5 WW and multiple time Champion in the lower weight classes, while the other was the #1 Junior Middlewight and Champion who outweighed him by about 20 pounds.

He destroyed both of em easily and made them look like amateurs.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I choose Adrien Broner, hes got so much swag that makes up for his boxing faults and that loss to maidana wasnt that bad:troll: