The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
We aren’t really paying up front like that, and it’s probably for the best, a lot of programs are getting burned doing that

In theory yes, but ain’t enough good G5’s to do one

The unfortunate part is they still not gon get a fair shake
I think it's a bit facetious to think y'all are recruiting players that have no clarity on what their NIL opportunities will be. Which is pretty much the name of today's game. Also most NIL "agreements" are yearly so there isn't that big of a risk. Sure there are a few desperate schools throwing "bonus" money out there, but y'all really aren't operating any differently than the major NIL players in the current landscape.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Cane fan still mad bout losing to Craig Krenzel. :russell:. Bia is byke :blessed:. Oh and that purchased shyt :mjlol: get ya money right.

31352788-c348-4b2c-bd46-8ebef16ed7d1_text.gif

Same ole same ole in this thread. A couple of brehs still stanning last years mediocre UGA team. LSU brehs posting every single tweet that mentions their school. Michigan brehs still believing they aren’t offering NIL upfront. TOSU brehs :sadcam:
shyts been cited, sourced, and proven to be correct. Even other schools are comin after our guys because they know we aint offerin signing bonuses like most schools. But keep believin what you want. :unimpressed:
I think it's a bit facetious to think y'all are recruiting players that have no clarity on what their NIL opportunities will be.
There's a plan in place.. but like we've already said.. aint no bags bein dropped. Michigan takes care of its guys that are already in the program putting in the work. Not the incoming freshman that are lookin for down payments of their services.
Which is pretty much the name of today's game. Also most NIL "agreements" are yearly so there isn't that big of a risk. Sure there are a few desperate schools throwing "bonus" money out there, but y'all really aren't operating any differently than the major NIL players in the current landscape.
We've already had this discussion, and the more that I'm proven to be right, the stronger you stand on that hill. There's a difference between NIL and 'pay to play' .. and when kids are receiving 'bonuses' to simply sign.. thats p2p. Which is illegal, but fukk it. Whats even 'illegal' these days?

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
31352788-c348-4b2c-bd46-8ebef16ed7d1_text.gif

shyts been cited, sourced, and proven to be correct. Even other schools are comin after our guys because they know we aint offerin signing bonuses like most schools. But keep believin what you want. :unimpressed:

There's a plan in place.. but like we've already said.. aint no bags bein dropped. Michigan takes care of its guys that are already in the program putting in the work. Not the incoming freshman that are lookin for down payments of their services.

We've already had this discussion, and the more that I'm proven to be right, the stronger you stand on that hill. There's a difference between NIL and 'pay to play' .. and when kids are receiving 'bonuses' to simply sign.. thats p2p. Which is illegal, but fukk it. Whats even 'illegal' these days?
You still can't get it out of your head that bags ≠ NIL. And the major NIL players aren't dropping bags, like the tweet you quoted above y'all just don't have the NIL money to keep up with the big dogs. But to act like y'all are doing something different, "The Michigan Way" is very obnoxious. You keep trying to combine everything into one bucket to make Michigan look like they are playing by rules no one else is. Please cite where schools like Oregon, Texas, A&M etc are dropping bags though bonuses(illegal) instead of just paying players legally through NIL and what would even be the point? Why risk doing something illegal when you can do it legally? Do you not realize how dumb of an argument that is in the current college landscape? And you do realize the assertion that y'all only pay people that "put in work" is basically another way of saying "pay for play" so wtf are you even arguing :heh: . Bottom line is y'all offer incoming recruits NIL promises just like most other schools do. Cut the BS.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
You still can't get it out of your head that bags ≠ NIL. And the major NIL players aren't dropping bags, like the tweet you quoted above y'all just don't have the NIL money to keep up with the big dogs. But to act like y'all are doing something different, "The Michigan Way" is very obnoxious.
I haven't even finished reading this whole post, and you're already wrong twice. For fukks sakes fam...

Bags DOES equal p2p. When you give a recruit money for simply agreeing to attend your university, that's the LITERAL definition of p2p. Can we at least agree on that much? Because if we can't, then we'll never make sense to one another. (For the record, when I say schools are dropping bags.. I mean they're paying players before they even attend the school)

If you think we couldn't keep up if the reagents wanted to, then you have no idea about Michigan's financial pull. Nobody's saying that the way we do it is 'The Michigan Way' .. you're just makin shyt up now. Michigan chooses to reward guys that are already putting in the work, with opportunities to make NIL money. And guess what? We're not dealing with the revolving door of players transferring in and out of the program, like a lot of these schools are dealing with.
You keep trying to combine everything into one bucket to make Michigan look like they are playing by rules no one else is.
Again.. we're rewarding guys that are putting int he work, as opposed to high school kids that are looking for easy handouts. No ones tryna make it seem like UM is playing by rules that others aren't. If other schools aren't doing it like UM, then that's their business. I don't even know why you keep bringin this shyt up tbh.
Please cite where schools like Oregon, Texas, A&M etc are dropping bags though bonuses(illegal) instead of just paying players legally through NIL and what would even be the point? Why risk doing something illegal when you can do it legally?
What kid in their right mind would want to go live in Alabama? In Ohio? Im Michigan? In Louisiana? In Tennessee?

When they could go to schools up and down the coasts of Florida. California. Etc. ??

It's simple.. money. Are you new to this recruiting shyt?

And you say 'illegal' like there's rules in place. This shyt is the wild wild west out there right now. Aint nobody enforcing any rules. So miss me with the 'wHy RiSk sOmEtHiNg iLlEgAl' angle.
Do you not realize how dumb of an argument that is in the current college landscape? And you do realize the assertion that y'all only pay people that "put in work" is basically another way of saying "pay for play" so wtf are you even arguing :heh: .
These two sentences alone leads me to believe that we just cant be talking about the same thing.

So you're telling me that giving these student athletes (that are already enrolled and putting in the work in the weight room/classroom.. and have already given blood, sweat and tears to the program etc) opportunities to earn some NIL money.... is the same as giving a freshly graduated high school cat that hasn't stepped foot on campus 'NIL' money for doing nothing (to that point)

That. Is. P2P.

COMPLETELY different than what NIL was intended for.

Bottom line is y'all offer incoming recruits NIL promises just like most other schools do. Cut the BS.
Yea.. I dont disagree with you there. Promises aint the same thing as wire transfers or checks going through. If a school says 'You've got an opportunity to mak this much and that much through out NIL program' then that's the way NIL is meant to be. What I'm arguing is schools saying 'here's xxxxx amount of dollars and all you've gotta do is sign with us' THAT IS fukkING P2P

HOW IS THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND? :mindblown:

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I haven't even finished reading this whole post, and you're already wrong twice. For fukks sakes fam...

Bags DOES equal p2p. When you give a recruit money for simply agreeing to attend your university, that's the LITERAL definition of p2p. Can we at least agree on that much? Because if we can't, then we'll never make sense to one another. (For the record, when I say schools are dropping bags.. I mean they're paying players before they even attend the school)

If you think we couldn't keep up if the reagents wanted to, then you have no idea about Michigan's financial pull. Nobody's saying that the way we do it is 'The Michigan Way' .. you're just makin shyt up now. Michigan chooses to reward guys that are already putting in the work, with opportunities to make NIL money. And guess what? We're not dealing with the revolving door of players transferring in and out of the program, like a lot of these schools are dealing with.

Again.. we're rewarding guys that are putting int he work, as opposed to high school kids that are looking for easy handouts. No ones tryna make it seem like UM is playing by rules that others aren't. If other schools aren't doing it like UM, then that's their business. I don't even know why you keep bringin this shyt up tbh.

What kid in their right mind would want to go live in Alabama? In Ohio? Im Michigan? In Louisiana? In Tennessee?

When they could go to schools up and down the coasts of Florida. California. Etc. ??

It's simple.. money. Are you new to this recruiting shyt?

And you say 'illegal' like there's rules in place. This shyt is the wild wild west out there right now. Aint nobody enforcing any rules. So miss me with the 'wHy RiSk sOmEtHiNg iLlEgAl' angle.

These two sentences alone leads me to believe that we just cant be talking about the same thing.

So you're telling me that giving these student athletes (that are already enrolled and putting in the work in the weight room/classroom.. and have already given blood, sweat and tears to the program etc) opportunities to earn some NIL money.... is the same as giving a freshly graduated high school cat that hasn't stepped foot on campus 'NIL' money for doing nothing (to that point)

That. Is. P2P.

COMPLETELY different than what NIL was intended for.

Yea.. I dont disagree with you there. Promises aint the same thing as wire transfers or checks going through. If a school says 'You've got an opportunity to mak this much and that much through out NIL program' then that's the way NIL is meant to be. What I'm arguing is schools saying 'here's xxxxx amount of dollars and all you've gotta do is sign with us' THAT IS fukkING P2P

HOW IS THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND?
The major NIL schools aren't doing this. Because NIL is long money unlike the bags being dropped before. The true advantage schools like Oregon etc have is they can pay more money now over a longer period of time instead of the flash of cash by dropping a bag just to get a player to sign on. Also anything paid through NIL isn't illegal, you still can't seem to grasp that. The way bags were being dropped prior to NIL are a thing of the past. That is not NIL, you seem to still want to associate NIL with the way kids were being paid to sign on before and that is where our disconnect is because that is still illegal, so why even risk it when there is a perfectly legal way to do things now. Major schools aren't doing it anymore because they don't have to. Now the NIL promises put on the table can dwarf others to make their pitch more enticing, sure, but at the end of the day 99% of NIL contracts are yearly. That is the point I'm making. Also I never said Michigan couldn't keep up if they wanted to, also you didn't cite other schools giving kids "bonuses" through illegal bag dropping or where is the proof that all other schools except Michigan are paying out NIL money before a player steps foot on campus. Also y'all have double digit transfers just like most other schools despite the alleged NIL approach.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
This guy said everybody in here posting the same shyt they always post just for his dumbass to come here and keep posting the same shyt he always post
My post are in response to others and aren't the same unprovoked nonsense you be posting like y'all don't have an LSU thread for that shyt..

But this is my last NIL post for the day.

@Trust Me

Michigan tells a recruit you can start earning NIL when we've felt like you earned it(this premise is the one of the few things illegal about NIL btw, not supposed to be based of performance) and it'll be around ~35k a year

Oregon tells a kid you'll start earning ~50k in NIL starting with your freshman season

Nothing illegal about Oregon's approach and based on the numbers why do you think they need to add another incentive in the form of dropping a bonus(bag) to the respective recruit on top of it. Their NIL offer already dwarfs Michigan's.