The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Same ole same ole in this thread. A couple of brehs still stanning last years mediocre UGA team. LSU brehs posting every single tweet that mentions their school. Michigan brehs still believing they aren’t offering NIL upfront. TOSU brehs :sadcam:

It's gonna be a long off season...

The video game dropping and summer camps/recruiting should hopefully be eventful enough to elevate the convo some

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
@DropTopDoc
@Lucky_Lefty

Ayy.. lets see if you cats can get a special 'NIL' episode on the pod. Let me know if that sounds good, and get @Numpsay on there as well as myself. I don't wanna clog the board with NIL talk.

We can do it, it’s more of a logistics thing like when y’all both available

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
I thought FSU had deaded this part

Always dope to see

And :smh: at Miami not being on there but I get it. Need to win more.

@malbaker86 @904Lurker Yall have any kind of special entrance when yall play in the swamp?

Sitting in that tunnel while they do the war chant at night gotta make the hair on your arms stand up

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
I think it's a bit facetious to think y'all are recruiting players that have no clarity on what their NIL opportunities will be. Which is pretty much the name of today's game. Also most NIL "agreements" are yearly so there isn't that big of a risk. Sure there are a few desperate schools throwing "bonus" money out there, but y'all really aren't operating any differently than the major NIL players in the current landscape.

Trust has laid much of the groundwork but I’ll reemphasis

I think you think we are being valiant and putting on but not really man we don’t think we above paying nil

No ones above getting kids money man, our fanbase is ok with it

Some programs wait for kids to earn it, we are one of them

Nobody is liquid enough to put up a payroll to get all these kids wanting money to come to their school year in and out, which is why you see some cats move on, and some sign else where on signing day not to mention the kids sack chasing are more of a problem then anything, Michigan eliminates that by saying you get what you earn, and will work to get you your bread, we had a cat with Porsche or lambo or something deal so cats getting their bread

We actively have our AD trying to get donors to put money into the school and not nil on top of they had such tight restrictions early on, it made it damn near impossible to do nil

We slowly figuring it out

I agree but for the sake of @DropTopDoc gettin' his heart broken while in the wrong hood, I'ma allow it :hubie:

Plus, ain't like said dude in question wasn't worried about what Young Murda was wearing in his off time for some reason :dame:

Can’t no Heaux break my heart cuz I’m gon marry myself

Word to manny Fresh :birdman:

True, I just think about those teams like UMass, Western Kentucky, Troy, App State, etc that used to be dominant D2/FCS programs that’ll never win another National Title.

Yeah every now and again you’d have a couple teams be really good, i can see having them play for a play in to the playoffs

Knock it off. You hoes broke :mjlol:

Don’t confuse us with Columbus Tech

Ryan Day was begging like crack head, please we need money

vino

Superstar
Daps
I wonder who been tampering… No contact clause and you’re 2024 recruit…

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Trust has laid much of the groundwork but I’ll reemphasis

I think you think we are being valiant and putting on but not really man we don’t think we above paying nil

No ones above getting kids money man, our fanbase is ok with it

Some programs wait for kids to earn it, we are one of them

Nobody is liquid enough to put up a payroll to get all these kids wanting money to come to their school year in and out, which is why you see some cats move on, and some sign else where on signing day not to mention the kids sack chasing are more of a problem then anything, Michigan eliminates that by saying you get what you earn, and will work to get you your bread, we had a cat with Porsche or lambo or something deal so cats getting their bread

We actively have our AD trying to get donors to put money into the school and not nil on top of they had such tight restrictions early on, it made it damn near impossible to do nil

We slowly figuring it out

Can’t no Heaux break my heart cuz I’m gon marry myself

Word to manny Fresh :birdman:

Yeah every now and again you’d have a couple teams be really good, i can see having them play for a play in to the playoffs

Don’t confuse us with Columbus Tech

Ryan Day was begging like crack head, please we need money
Hey sissy ain’t nobody ask you for a 12 page rebuttal

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
I don’t know how many times they are going to kinda twist the words and post the same thing.It’s been the same story for months.

it helps to read for new developments

Sources indicated that a turning point in the discussions, which have been ongoing, came last week in the Dallas area, where the power conference commissioners, their general counsels, NCAA president Charlie Baker, NCAA lawyers and the plaintiffs' attorneys met. (They chose the Dallas area because they were already there for the College Football Playoff meetings, which were held in that area last week.)

While sources stressed that no deal is imminent, details about what a multibillion-dollar settlement could look like are expected to be shared with campuses in the near future. There are myriad variables to get to the finish line and still some obstacles and objections at the campus level, but sources indicate that progress has ramped up in recent weeks.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
They really gotta get Florida/Georgia out of Jacksonville too or at least rotate that shyt between home games
I prefer the game in Jacksonville.

The week leading to the game has a lot of stuff going on coming up to the game in southern GA and Jax. Plus neither school wants the drunken debauchery that both fan bases bring to either campus.

As a UF fan, I definitely don't want to hear Georgia fans running around Gainesville barking and shouting "who's that coming down the track".