The Official Ask a Breh Living in the Middle East Anything Thread(Pics Included)

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
how do the locals feel about the western world ?

The guys i work with really don't talk about the U.S. outside of the few cities they have been to and they seem to enjoy.

Now if you're getting at how they feel about the U.S presence in the Middle East and what not, we definitely don't talk about that. There are certain business/client lines you don't cross and that would be one.

I don't really talk to Qataris outside of work unless it's something quick in the elevator or they are in the club (ya they be in there in regular clothes)

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
how do the locals feel about the western world ?
In my case I don't even cross paths with them outside of entering the gate, that is not something I really care to talk about with them.. Just know that as long as they have the resources we will do business with them, and they will be as cordial as possible.. They are getting the world cup out here so they cant afford any negative press..

but IMO they have a certain respect for black American males, that they don't for Indians or phillipinos. They don't really care for Africans either IMO,

But you can imagine being a strict follower of Islam and how you would perceive a place like America which almost completely goes against their way of life.. I am sure there are some that secretly want to go to have that freedom but they pretty much can do what they want here and get away with it..

Rayzah

Daps
How did you guys get a job there/what type of job??
Do you miss home??
Is it hard getting along since the culture is so different??
Do people look at you in a different way??
What's your typical free day look like?

IT 6 cert gang lol

1. I was prior military then started contacting after college but a degree is not needed for most jobs and I work in logistics

2. No I don't miss home really. I'm also single. If anything I miss riding my motorcycle the most. Exactly

3. The locals don't say anything to you really out in public. Just don't start making out with a female in public. Everything else is just being a decent citizen. True

4. Most people think I'm african until I start talking then they switch it up because they know you are American Yea I am Nigerian to most even the other Africans until I speak

5. My weekends are cool. Pretty much do the same stuff I do in the states. Hang out with a female or friend. Go to and event in the city. Relax. Bruch is huge here on the weekends. It's from 12 to 4pm. I go to the movies and malls. Yep but I must say, this is my face when they edit out a random scene in a movie:dwillhuh::beli::mindblown:

My life here is honestly pretty nice. I wish they played more hip hop in clubs and it's was more females in general but overall I like it so far.

It's not like the U.S. but it's good enough where I would stay a few years.

Rayzah

Daps
I
My first movie out here i went and saw was "The Perfect Guy'. I walked out after 30 minutes. It skipped so many scenes i couldn't keep up anymore.

They not playing those love scenes in movies out here.
can do you one better, I saw Entourage, well I saw a trailer for entourage:russ: it was so short after they edited that movie so damn much:leostare:

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
How racist are the Arabs?
How easy are the girls?

I haven't really experienced racism. Sometimes people think you are African but's that probably because they aren't used to seeing black Americans and 95% of the blacks here are from Africa. I'm sure blacks from the UK experience the same.

I don't communicate with Qatari women. That's a line I don't cross.

31Flavors

Guilty Pleasure
Daps
I haven't really experienced racism. Sometimes people think you are African but's that probably because they aren't used to seeing black Americans and 95% of the blacks here are from Africa. I'm sure blacks from the UK experience the same.

I don't communicate with Qatari women. That's a line I don't cross.
What's tv out there like?

Rayzah

Daps
What's tv out there like?
They have 1 or 2 cable companies but the programming is also heavily edited, I rely mostly on streaming through kodi, the Cut cable brehs thread has saved my life.. Oh one random thing is Asian countries put the most discusting pic they can find on cigarette boxes to make them look unappealing, they do it here too but you cant just go by a box at the gas station. Only certain stores sale them, speaking of gas you can fill up your tank for about $15, premium in a Tahoe..

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
How fine are the local women?:lupe:

You see the Muslim women (local and expat) wearing all of the following over their faces:

hijab-veil-types.jpg

Majority of the Qatari women wear the Burka version though.