The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
don't you notice williams's superman theme and elfman's batman theme?
when it comes to movie scores, i think i usually subconciously note them, then check some out after the fact. obviously Williams has some absolute classics. like I legitimately can't think of a single Marvel score. do they have individual themes? no clue.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
when it comes to movie scores, i think i usually subconciously note them, then check some out after the fact. obviously Williams has some absolute classics. like I legitimately can't think of a single Marvel score. do they have individual themes? no clue.

well the donner superman movie and the burton batman movie go out of their way to drill those themes into your head. the movies open with them right from the start and they are played in full.

and honestly both of those openings were epic as fukk, way more iconic and memorable than most modern superhero movies and really it was just credits.

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
if i notice a character theme, it probably means it's terrible. it's terrible. it soured big parts of the movie like the stupid computer file scene and like i said above the first shot of the three of them
i liked it but it literally was the only standout thing concerning WW. I'm confused how people are sold on her solo when she barely acted barely said any lines and her action sequences were nothing special aside from the novelty of seeing her live action stuff like the lasso.

gonna have to agree here, I NEVER notice character theme music and I instantly thought her music was just crass. It sounded so awkard during the email scene. A little less during the doomsday scene
Do agree it was awkward during the email. But that entire scene was stupid. Forcing that in there was incredibly dumb.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i liked it but it literally was the only standout thing concerning WW. I'm confused how people are sold on her solo when she barely acted barely said any lines and her action sequences were nothing special aside from the novelty of seeing her live action stuff like the lasso.
her accent was also pretty damn noticable at times. Not a huge deal, but i bet people give her shyt for it when she talks more.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
i agree though, the positive reception WW perplexes me even more than the one affleck is getting. she didn't even do anything. :why:

and the verdict is still way, wayyy out on whether or not gal gadot (or this version of wonder woman) could hold down her own solo film.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
That shyt was dope as fukk to me.

Daddy issues. He's the son of the original Lex - Alexander Luthor, Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. - or at least that's my take on it. His pops made him obsessed with power and he didn't like that Supes was powerful AND loved. His pops was powerful and terrible so he was pushing that shyt on to Supes. Just like how Degrasse-Tyson was explaining in that interview on TV. Everyone was pushing themselves onto Supes and Lex's version of that manifested into this version of his dad that he had to kill or corrupt

At first, I couldn't fukking stand this version of Bats, but by the end of the movie it made sense. This was the fukked up jaded version that Joker always wanted Bats to turn into.

They dropped hints of Darkseid throughout the movie and the bells rung was for him. He said he was coming from the Stars. I think Lex was having the same dreams that Bruce was having just on the other side of it. During Bruce's dream in the desert Darkseid's Omega symbol was placed in the dirt. The guy reaching out through the boomtube was either Mister Miracle OR Orion from the New Gods (This is from memory so I might be wrong).

I'm quite sure this is one of those movies that people will rewatch, or explanations of things they left to the imagination will come out, and then people will LOVE it. I legitimately don't understand what people hated about this movie by the end of it. It was magnificent to me.
To be fair, it seems you have prior knowledge of characters like Darkseid and those related to him. The majority of the folks that saw this movie probably don't, so that foreshadowing dream of the impending doom that is to come made absolutely no sense and had no relevance to what was happening up to that point in the movie, especially when it was pretty much placed smack dab in the middle of the movie. Plenty of people were like Wtf is this, including my wife.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i agree though, the positive reception WW perplexes me even more than the one affleck is getting. she didn't even do anything. :why:

and the verdict is still way, wayyy out on whether or not gal gadot (or this version of wonder woman) could hold down her own solo film.
breh :dahell:

she was dope enough thats why nikkas liked her. this movie aint even about ww but her appearance and lil fight scene was dope that is all that matters. some of u just didn't want to like this movie in the first place and grab at anything to be put off.. that's cool but the shyt im seeing people complaining about is hilarious :heh:

the funniest one is its too "dark":russ:

its batman:mindblown:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, it isn't. It makes perfect sense.

Stupid, would be in winter soldier them hiding a crucial piece of info,a flash drive in a vending machine in plain sight. How did he even get in the vending machine? Does cap keep keys on hand for when he needs a snack? Hes trusting that nobody can just look and see a flash drive in a fukking a window?

But hey its marvel,they get a pass.

The machine was open because the guy was loading it. Cap is a soldier not a spy so hiding crucial Intel isn't something he does on a regular basis. Lastly it was demonstrated in the film to be a stupid idea by the fact that it doesn't work.

Ending a mission you've been working on for 18 months to kill someone because it turns out your target's mother has the same name as yours is stupid. It points to the fact that you set out on this mission with no worthwhile info on your target to justify killing him in the first place.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The machine was open because the guy was loading it. Cap is a soldier not a spy so hiding crucial Intel isn't something he does on a regular basis. Lastly it was demonstrated in the film to be a stupid idea by the fact that it doesn't work.

Ending a mission you've been working on for 18 months to kill someone because it turns out your target's mother has the same name as yours is stupid. It points to the fact that you set out on this mission with no worthwhile info on your target to justify killing him in the first place.
:wow: @ both points

that was dumb too. superman could have been lying for all he knew. so he went from if there is even a 1% chance we have to destroy him! :damn: to oh shyt our mommas got the same name thats wild bro lets be BFF :gladbron:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
:wow: @ both points

that was dumb too. superman could have been lying for all he knew. so he went from if there is even a 1% chance we have to destroy him! :damn: to oh shyt our mommas got the same name thats wild bro lets be BFF :gladbron:
I enjoyed the movie, but that god damn line about martha is the one thing I dont think anyone can fukking defend....