The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:wow: @ both points

that was dumb too. superman could have been lying for all he knew. so he went from if there is even a 1% chance we have to destroy him! :damn: to oh shyt our mommas got the same name thats wild bro lets be BFF :gladbron:
Do we need Godling to explain it to yall again or nah :jbhmm:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I enjoyed the movie, but that god damn line about martha is the one thing I dont think anyone can fukking defend....
Only if you look at the surface breh.

I don't recall you being in the back and forth's too much so I'll just rehash quickly why it played out the way it did.

First lets deal with the reaction in itself:

Imagine if you had someone close to you murdered and you seen how it went down.. You've been dealing with the pain of that person murdered for years especially recently. You just had a dream where you visited this person's grave and it turned it to a damn nightmare. :lupe:

Somebody yells out that name to you. Especially a name that's not really what you hear everyday..

It would kinda throw you off right :ohhh::merchant::damn:

Then somebody else comes running saying thats his....etc. The coincidence being that the person has the same relation to you. Again, the reaction would be....:wtf:

As far as his motivations and feelings after that.
I'm just going to post whats already been discussed. Even was on IMDB.
The beginning of the movie shows Bruce's parents getting killed. The last thing his father says is, "Martha," as he takes his last breath. Everything about Batman, and this has been true for years, is that deep inside he is always trying to make up for the helplessness he felt when his parents were killed. That's why he tries to control everything. He wants to make sure nobody else goes through what he did.

In the movie, he's about to finish off Supes with the K spear, but Superman, who did try to talk with Bruce at the outset of the fight, now says out of desperation, "Please save her. Save Martha." Of course, Batman, who is in full on rage mode as he has been in the fight of his life, wants to know why Superman mentioned "Martha." He gets even angrier at Superman. "Why did you say that!? Why did you say that name? Tell me!"

At this point, Lois, runs in to protect Superman and tells Batman that Martha is his mother, that Lex kidnapped her. This affects Bruce on multiple levels. It's at this moment he stops seeing Superman as just this alien threat, but as a person who has a mother he loves, and a woman in Lois who is willing to do what it takes to protect him. It humanizes Superman for Batman. And knowing that their mothers share the same name, it helps Bruce to feel a connection to Superman on a deeper, more emotional level. Bruce also now knows that Lex has manipulated them, that he was perhaps responsible for the explosion at Capital Hill, etc.

Finally, Bruce also says he will go rescue Martha. He couldn't save his Martha when he was little, but he can "save" her now, even if by proxy.

It also raises the stakes in that sequence that we saw in the third trailer where Batman takes on all those thugs. That scene is given more weight. Now when I see that clip in commercials, I see Batman going to save Martha Kent, and I am like, "Go Batman, get her!"​

Last edited:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Only if you look at the surface breh.

I don't recall you being in the back and forth's too much so I'll just rehash quickly why it played out the way it did.

First lets deal with the reaction in itself:

Imagine if you had someone close to you murdered and you seen how it went down.. You've been dealing with that pain of that person murdered for years especially recently. You just had a dream where you visited this person's grave and it turned it to a damn nightmare. :lupe:

Somebody yells out that name to you. Especially a name that's not really what you hear everyday..

It would kinda throw you off right :ohhh::merchant::damn:

Then somebody else comes running saying thats his....etc. The coincidence being that the person has the same relation to you. Again, the reaction would be....:wtf:

As far as his motivations and feelings after that.
I'm just going to post whats already been discussed. Even was on IMDB.

yeah I try to stay outta the negative back and forth between stans since I enjoy most comic book movies, because they are all enjoyable on some level and dont have to be masterpieces. :manny:

I get the points, it just seemed lazy....they could have tried to resolve it a different way, then supes coulda told him about how his mother was being held, giving batman the chance to then go save Martha. Im going to see it again this week, maybe Ill feel differently this time around. But the first time I saw it thought it could have been handled better.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
tumblr_o4i8g9CMMj1rvya9ro1_1280.png

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Didnt believe it at first but i now think suicide squad is going to be dc's sleeper movie. I liked bvs but suicide squad will take a massive shyt on it if its done right.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Honestly breh, I have to agree. The Valentine's Day marketing theme was genius though :wow:

But it's hard to be mad because they basically pointed out their own flaws during the movie. The same was Eminem did in 8 Mile :dead:

Honestly though I put this movie in the same category with the Hangover. When they do a sequel, if they try to use that exact same formula, it won't work again.

knowing hoiw white people and greedy jew execs are, thats EXACTLY what they're gonna try and do, remake the same comdeic shyt but .... WITH MORE CURSING smh

i hope they let Ryan control the helm of the DP franchise

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
And Wonderwoman was actually cold on the big screen:ohhh:

Ben Affleck was good as Batman too,and that last fight scene where he saves Martha:wow:?best action we've seen in any Batman movie far as the fighting and actually making him look stronger than a normal man:banderas:....But I gotta say Christian Bale is still>>>>as both Bruce Wayne and Batman,maybe equal as Batman....and his Alfred>>>this Alfred even though I liked the different take.

you gotta bee off than Henn, bales alfred aint do shyt the whole trilogy but look sad..

Jeremy irons ouchea working the bat plane and giving etherous speeches

and dont compare bales batman to Batflecks, WHOLE fight scene in BvS shyts on the nolan trilogy, maybeeee as bruce we can argue but as Batman ??? BATFLECK wearing the crown

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didnt believe it at first but i now think suicide squad is going to be dc's sleeper movie. I liked bvs but suicide squad will take a massive shyt on it if its done right.
Definitely seeing how it's written and directed by David Ayer. Suicide Squad gonna be lit :ohlawd:
Got a feeling Wonder Woman is going to be on point too

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
Finally saw it last night. I thought it was terrible and that MOS shyt's all over it :manny: