The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
its the first time i got the gist huh :jbhmm: what else havent i understood in this profoundly deep film? :jbhmm: explain more for us since it was apparently too high brow for anybody that didnt find the the shytty writing, editing, etc compelling :jbhmm:

your passionate defense of every pitfall in this film would be :salute: worthy if your checks had WB at the top :ehh:

We still debating Martha of all things. Whether the movie is deep or dumb it attempted to do more.....whether that works or not is up to the viewer. If you want to say poor execution, that is a legit concern. There are several things that could have been done to "sell" scenes in this movie that they didn't do. I'm legit surprised that of all things this would be a sticking point for you. Its like you're not looking for the real writing flaws.

Reduced to "WB type shyt" shows you have no legit response and brehs have rustled your jimmies for months on that DC/Marvel shyt :yeshrug:

This me breh. The same breh who was hyped for Star Wars for months and then had criticism about it. My hype for Star Wars may have been more than BvS. I was more hyped for Suicide Squad than this and didn't get the need for using Batman against Superman (even though I was still hyped for the movie.)

Me knowing more about Batman/DC may have me a bit more understandable. But I'm not the type thats going to overlook bullshyt :manny:

Continue on with your troll wars though. :dame:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
We still debating Martha of all things. Whether the movie is deep or dumb it attempted to do more.....whether that works or not is up to the viewer. If you want to say poor execution, that is a legit concern. There are several things that could have been done to "sell" scenes in this movie that they didn't do. I'm legit surprised that of all things this would be a sticking point for you. Its like you're not looking for the real writing flaws.

Reduced to "WB type shyt" shows you have no legit response and brehs have rustled your jimmies for months on that DC/Marvel shyt :yeshrug:

This me breh. The same breh who was hyped for Star Wars for months and then had criticism about it. My hype for Star Wars may have been more than BvS. I was more hyped for Suicide Squad than this and didn't get the need for using Batman against Superman (even though I was still hyped for the movie.)

Me knowing more about Batman/DC may have me a bit more understandable. But I'm not the type thats going to overlook bullshyt :manny:

Now if folks want to argue poor writing on that Lex having the heroes design scene or poor writing on Bruce's email to Diana......

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Like someone said in one of them early critics of this movie.... the made a POINT to point out areas were abandoned in the fights.... almost like a response to MOS
Yep.
You can tell Age of Ultron did that first though. With the saving people on the train bit by Quicksilver, etc. They were like don't lump us with that :whoa:

but yea that was set to have heavy damage and not catch flack for killing people. I enjoyed it, but that sort of lowered my grade for the movie.

When Superman threw Doomsday and destroyed shyt and I was like no Zack :damn:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Now if folks want to argue poor writing on that Lex having the heroes design scene or poor writing on Bruce's email to Diana......
Yep.

There are a lot of writing errors that occurred that centered around Lex imo.

The weird thing is he probably was the most well rounded character up until about the 3rd act. It's just that Jesse performance was hit or miss for people.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I enjoyed it for what it was. I thought it was a little all over the place honestly. Should of been way more action but they felt the need to rehash Batman parents dying or the millionth time. With that said The Battle was off the chain and showed Batman's intelligence very well. I liked Henry as Clark even more now in the 2nd movie. Overall the first hour and half was a Superman Sequel and a Batman Reboot. The last hour was full on Justice League Prequel. I can't give Zack that ending either, a little dramatic. But it wasn't 29% bad I just think the critics were acting like they were going to get the 2nd coming of Christ because anyone who grew up in the 70's and 80's knows there's been rumors of Batman and Superman teaming up on the Big Screen for decades. Basically WB used a cheat code with this film and pretty much set up there entire Universe in 2 films basically.

Now the tables are set and they can have there universe. I will say Ben didn't do that bad at all though there were times I still saw Ben Affleck and not the character. Hispster Lex wasn't as bad as previews but he wasn't good either. It was like Jesse was acting a little to much like Jim Carrey from "Batman Forever". Also some of the Batman scenes were ripped from previous movies like the whole Batwing scene. I did think Ben did good with the fighting. Lois plotline was beyond pointless but they had to have her in the story.

Jeremy Irons definitely killed it as Alfred in a limited role. Doomsday was completely out of place and just put there to bring in the Justice League. I thought Wonder Woman was the sh!t personally. I grew up on the 70's TV show so seeing her live action really brought me back. Overall I give it B-/C+. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad. Just average. WB did what they needed to do and that's established there Universe quickly. Seeing the film though makes me kinda wish Nolan directed "Man of Steel" and This and Bale came back because Zack still kept the Nolanesque dark style. Plus Nolan was an Executive Producer on this film as well as "MOS" even though he didn't direct. Overall I'm torn, I saw a lot of good things but the execution wasn't there all the way. But critics overdid it with bad reviews.

batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-slice-05-600x200.jpg

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

I've pointed out numerous pitfalls. It's only a sticking point because you're hell bent on proving that it was something more for some reason :jbhmm: in fact this back and forth is only occurring again because you felt the need to defend the scene, again :jbhmm: and come at brehs talking about they needed some poorly done shyt like that scene explained to them. So who really has this as a sticking point :jbhmm:

I'm perfectly fine with examining the other shytty aspects of it, but you're just going to talk in circles for those too. Telling brehs they didn't get something (especially from this movie) on some pompous steeze ain't a good look, wasn't nothing in this movie that intellectually dense.

Brehs have pointed that out numerous times tho....nikkas never have nothing to say though.... They too busy complaining about conspiracies against DC

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I've pointed out numerous pitfalls. It's only a sticking point because you're hell bent on proving that it was something more for some reason :jbhmm: in fact this back and forth is only occurring again because you felt the need to defend the scene, again :jbhmm: and come at brehs talking about they needed some poorly done shyt like that scene explained to them. So who really has this as a sticking point :jbhmm:

I'm perfectly fine with examining the other shytty aspects of it, but you're just going to talk in circles for those too. Telling brehs they didn't get something (especially from this movie) on some pompous steeze ain't a good look, wasn't nothing in this movie that intellectually dense.
Breh you've talked about emails and Martha :dame:

As I've said before, I thought the argument on that was over when Godling discussed it.....guess not :manny:

The shytty aspects resulted in a 7 for you. But I never see you mention the good, just point out flaws(just in general, but nothing specific) and mention Martha.

If I've missed that....my mistake :manny:

*Edit: You criticized the dude for not leaving the building. And I replied that we've had stuff here where people didn't immediately leave the building.

That was still a fair point.

I've seen you legit break shyt down on movies before. :ehh:
However, in this thread it seems like you're saying a lot but not really saying nothing. Not being pompous breh, just thought/think you're wrapped up in DC/Marvel shyt. It seems like it alters your perspective.

But you can continue pointing out Martha stuff. Its all good breh, have at it with Martha :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Oh shyt I don't think we gonna agree on anything on this movie we need to just end further discussion :pachaha:

I think his performance was jarring (its an either like it or dislike it)

But the first two thirds of the movie I was enjoying his character. It seemed like Superman/Batman were trying to find themselves and Lex actually was knew what he wanted and who he was. :yeshrug:

Then he started to create Doomsday outta Zod and then the motivations lost me for a bit. :francis:

Didn't say he was my favorite character.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Breh you've talked about emails and Martha :dame:

As I've said before, I thought the argument on that was over when Godling discussed it.....guess not :manny:

The shytty aspects resulted in a 7 for you. But I never see you mention the good, just point out flaws(just in general, but nothing specific) and mention Martha.

If I've missed that....my mistake :manny:

I've seen you legit break shyt down on movies before. :ehh:
However, in this thread it seems like you're saying a lot but not really saying nothing. Not being pompous breh, just thought/think you're wrapped up in DC/Marvel shyt. It seems like it alters your perspective.

But you can continue pointing out Martha stuff. Its all good breh, have at it with Martha :yeshrug:
Nope I've talked about more. I said it would have been best served being MOS2 and even though batman was the best thing about the film they would have been better served leaving him out to make a more cohesive film that didn't constantly jump back and forth, especially when it was starting to get good at points. The senator storyline with the Wayne employee could have been good to go further into but they decided to kill them off half way through :yeshrug:

They ended up covering a shyt ton of things poorly instead of a few things greatly all for the sake of getting the universe popping to compete with marvel.

Jesse did a good job but his version of lex was annoying and without motivation but that's the writers fault not his.

The emails are getting hammered home because all throughout this thread the fanboys got mad talking about how people were hating because some were saying they were rushing. Their retort was you don't have to do it Marvels way. We ended up getting a rushed movie which included an email in the climax to introduce their major characters.

I'm done now :smile:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Nope I've talked about more. I said it would have been best served being MOS2 and even though batman was the best thing about the film they would have been better served leaving him out to make a more cohesive film that didn't constantly jump back and forth every time it started to get good. They ended up covering a shyt ton of things poorly instead of a few things greatly. Jesse did a good job but his version of lex was annoying and without motivation but that's the writers fault not his. The emails are getting hammered home because all throughout this thread the fanboys got mad talking about how people were hating because some were saying they were rushing. Their retort was you don't have to do it Marvels way. We ended up getting a rushed movie which included an email in the climax to introduce their major characters. I'm done now :smile:
I edited my post to mention how you mentioned the old dude in the building as well.

What you're saying now is something I've said as well. So maybe I maybe I missed it and moved on. Me and @BelowTheMasonDixon were having this conversation before the rest of the brehs saw the movie. I said time will tell, but in hindsight making both movies first and then making BvS makes the scenes resonate more :manny:

I don't think they covered it poorly. Just could have covered it better or made it clearer. Then again I've seen the movie more than once so the flow of it it improved the more times I saw it. However, it doesn't sell as many scenes as it could have.

The last 15 pages or so have been something different breh and you know it :troll:

You gave the movie an awful/ass 7. I gave the rated the movie a solid 8 to 8.5.

It is what it is. Agree to disagree.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I enjoyed it for what it was. I thought it was a little all over the place honestly. Should of been way more action but they felt the need to rehash Batman parents dying or the millionth time. Like the first hour and half was a Superman Sequel and a Batman Reboot. The last hour was full on Justice League Prequel. I can't give Zack that ending either, a little dramatic. But it wasn't 29% bad I just think the critics were acting like they were going to get the 2nd coming of Christ because anyone who grew up in the 70's and 80's knows there's been rumors of Batman and Superman teaming up on the Big Screen for decades. Basically WB used a cheat code with this film and pretty much set up there entire Universe in 2 films basically.

Now the tables are set and they can have there universe. I will say Ben didn't do that bad at all though there were times I still saw Ben Affleck and not the character. Hispster Lex wasn't as bad as previews but he wasn't good either. It was like Jesse was acting a little to much like Jim Carrey from "Batman Forever". Also some of the Batman scenes were ripped from previous movies like the whole Batwing scene. I did think Ben did good with the fighting. Lois plotline was beyond pointless but they had to have her in the story.

Jeremy Irons definitely killed it as Alfred in a limited role. Doomsday was completely out of place and just put there to bring in the Justice League. I thought Wonder Woman was the sh!t personally. I grew up on the 70's TV show so seeing her live action really brought me back. Overall I give it B-/C+. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad. Just average. WB did what they needed to do and that's established there Universe quickly. Seeing the film though makes me kinda wish Nolan directed "Man of Steel" and This and Bale came back because Zack still kept the Nolanesque dark style. Plus Nolan was an Excutive Producer on this as "MOS" even though he didn't direct. Overall I'm torn, I saw a lot of good things but the execution wasn't there all the way. But critics overdid it with bad reviews.

batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-slice-05-600x200.jpg
You know if Nolan directed both the movies superman wouldn't be an alien or able to fly and would just be on roids right? We wouldn't have wonder woman, flash, aqua, cyborg, doomsday, kryptonite e.t.c. do you actually know what you are wishing? I am glad his self loathing (to the genre) 1 great movie bookended by 2 forgettable flicks, pretentious and overrated trilogy was self contained