The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 6 Thread (Final Season)

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
xsucwzzbzmi91.jpg
:ohhh:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
one thing that has bothered me about fring, why did he try to set up a meeting with eladio undercover? if he would of used his real identity it wouldnt of been difficult with his past in chile.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
one thing that has bothered me about fring, why did he try to set up a meeting with eladio undercover? if he would of used his real identity it wouldnt of been difficult with his past in chile.
Do we know what his past in Chile was? shyt might of got him clip or he may have been trying to put that shyt behind him.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

Was that in BCS or BB? I can't remember if when his partner was killed was the first time they met. I think either Hector or Bolsa had introduced them, I gotta watch that scene again.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Was that in BCS or BB? I can't remember if when his partner was killed was the first time they met. I think either Hector or Bolsa had introduced them, I gotta watch that scene again.

BB they cause they say they take only this meeting because they know who fring is.

@FaTaL its obvious there was a number on his head. Moving with his real name would’ve brought out the goons.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Do we know what his past in Chile was? shyt might of got him clip or he may have been trying to put that shyt behind him.

his past saved him from getting killed, so he was some sort of shot caller

BB they cause they say they take only this meeting because they know who fring is.

@FaTaL its obvious there was a number on his head. Moving with his real name would’ve brought out the goons.

I broke this down:

In season 3, episode 7 (the flash back with the cousins) Tio referred to Gus as "the grand generalissimo" aka "the general". So some sort of military back ground.

In Season 4, Ep 8 the DEA is interrogating Gus about Gale's death. This part is very important for 2 reasons:

1. It establishes that Gus left Chile in 1986.

2. Gus mentions Augusto Pinochet, who was the dictator of Chile in 1986. '86 is the year Reagan and the U.S. government asked Pinochet to step down.

You might wonder :wtf: "what's the connection?"

Augusto Pinochet was a monster. During his reign thousands of people were killed and tortured. But more to the point he had super labs built that would create color variant versions of common drugs. For example they created a black colored cocaine that was harder for DEA agents to track.

Pinochet 'sold cocaine to Europe and US'

Does that sound familiar? Gus worked for Pinochet until around '86, got the super lab idea from him, hired a chemist (Max) that the cartel killed, and since then he's been trying to get a Pinochet style super lab up and running. Then he meets Gale/Walt and makes it happen, with the blue meth.

Fred.