Religion/Spirituality The Official Bible Study Thread

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
1)This is a good verse. This goes along with Mark 2:16-17.

2)Book of Job :whew: Talk about faith and perseverance. This verse in particular though says it all ,everything starts with Him if your spirit aint right nothing else will be (Physical, Mental). There has to be a relationship

3)This last one, slothfulness doesn't pay. God made us to be productive.
:salute: On these favorites
No doubt :salute: The first verse speaks to me because I like how Jesus basically days that no matter what you do, people are going to talk shyt about you. You can never please people and they will always have an idea on who you should be. Here we have the Messiah spreading his teachings to the people that really needed it, yet all the so called teachers (pharisees) talked shyt on him. But wisdom is proven right by her. Children, meaning you should judge someone by the fruit of their labors.

The second verse speaks to me because the verse was enacted in a dream I had. In the dream I was following some woman who was following some white orb (looked like a mini white sun) as we walked on a golden road. The woman was talking to the orb. When I got closer to her I could hear her say, "yes, neshima, I understand." Neshima/neshama means spirit in hebrew. So basically in the dream the woman was receiving inspiration and guidance from the holy spirit. When I woke up I looked up the meaning of the word and that verse came up.

The third verse speaks to me bc, like you alluded to, the lazier you are, the more you out yourself in a vulnerable position.

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
This thread is a moderator approved dedicated thread for bible study, to fully understand all biblical wisdom and understanding. This thread is also available to link ages old biblical concepts, to concepts found in society at large, as well as linking observed information in history to biblical narrative (comparative mythology).

This post is meant for interpretation, fellowship and understanding the Word of Yahuah.

We can begin with an interpretation of biblical dragons verses paleontology's dinosaurs.

Whats the difference? If the bible describes creatures that appear to be dinosaurs, what does it say about the stated history of mankind, the animal kingdom?

Job 41

1 Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down ? 2 Canst thou put an hook into his nose? or bore his jaw through with a thorn?

8 Lay thine hand upon him, remember the battle, do no more . 9 Behold, the hope of him is in vain : shall not one be cast down even at the sight of him? 10 None is so fierce that dare stir him up : who then is able to standbefore me? 11 Who hath prevented me, that I should repay him? whatsoever is under the whole heaven is mine. 12 I will not conceal his parts, nor his power , nor his comely proportion.13 Who can discover the face of his garment? or who can come to him with his double bridle?14 Who can open the doors of his face? his teeth are terrible round about. 15 His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal.16 One is so near to another, that no air can come between them.

18 By his neesings a light doth shine , and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning. 19 Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out . 20 Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron. 21 His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.

27 He esteemeth iron as straw, and brass as rotten wood. 28 The arrow cannot make him flee : slingstones are turned with him into stubble. 29 Darts are counted as stubble: he laugheth at the shaking of a spear. 30 Sharp stones are under him: he spreadeth sharp pointed things upon the mire.31 He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: he maketh the sea like a pot of ointment. 32 He maketh a path to shine after him; one would think the deep to be hoary.33 Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear.34 He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride.

The book of Job is considered one of the most ancient books of the bible. In this book there are several animals mentioned in passing that are considered mythological, but along with those 'mythological' animals are animals that we in modern times recognize and can readily identify. Is the book of Job describing a sea faring dinosaur?
book of job had language in it that people couldn't translate. I think it was a book that wasn't written by hebrews. I think he was just borrowing from another culture. Also, some day that the part about God coming back to restore Job was added on years later, which gives a the book a very grim ending

Chez Lopez

Neo-Abolitionist
Daps
Reppin
YAHUSHA HA MASHIACH
book of job had language in it that people couldn't translate. I think it was a book that wasn't written by hebrews. I think he was just borrowing from another culture. Also, some day that the part about God coming back to restore Job was added on years later, which gives a the book a very grim ending
No, the book of Job is one of the oldest books in the bible and was written in ancient Hebrew, by an edomite tribe, which job and his three friends were a part of. The reference to leviathan isn't the only one in the bible, there are several. See Isaiah 27.

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
No, the book of Job is one of the oldest books in the bible and was written in ancient Hebrew, by an edomite tribe, which job and his three friends were a part of. The reference to leviathan isn't the only one in the bible, there are several. See Isaiah 27.
But most of those tribes borrowed heavily from other cultures. And like I said there are words in the book that aren't translatable

ShenJingPoQi

All Star
Daps
Notice a more modern rendering of these verses in the New King James: "You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard" (Leviticus 19:27); and, "They shall not make any bald place on their heads, nor shall they shave the edges of their beards nor make any cuttings in their flesh" (Leviticus 21:5). It is quite plain that this proscribes a particular kind of shaving or cutting of hair.

It was a ritual custom of the heathen to cut or trim their beards and hair into special shapes in honor of a particular pagan deity. To honor the sun god Ra, the ancient Egyptians had their dark locks cropped short or shaved with great care so the hair that remained on the crown appeared in the form of a circle surrounding the head (from which the halo derives), while the beard was dressed in a square form. Alternatively, a round bald spot might be shaved on the head.

It is this type of false worship the Bible forbids. Shaving one's beard and cutting one's hair for normal good grooming is something entirely different and not at all condemned in the Scriptures. In fact, the apostle Paul takes great pains to address proper grooming of one's hair in I Corinthians 11:2-15.

Found this to be interesting and I am not even Christian.

Shaving the side of your head and shaping beard is the rage these days. So demonic :demonic:

archer24

Ephesians 6:12
Supporter
Daps
Found this to be interesting and I am not even Christian.

Shaving the side of your head and shaping beard is the rage these days. So demonic :demonic:

I Corinthians 11:2-15 has nothing to do with grooming. It's explaining the order of the body. God, Christ, man, and then woman. It's also explaining that when you're praying or prophesying out of the bible that the man must have his head uncovered while the woman has her head covered.

SireSiah#KWU

Mark 2:16-17
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
I Corinthians 11:2-15 has nothing to do with grooming. It's explaining the order of the body. God, Christ, man, and then woman. It's also explaining that when you're praying or prophesying out of the bible that the man must have his head uncovered while the woman has her head covered.

:obama: I like how you cleaned that up.
Exactly what Paul was saying ORDER.

Soon

Banned
Daps
But most of those tribes borrowed heavily from other cultures. And like I said there are words in the book that aren't translatable

So true, Mesopotamia and Assyria who conquered them later heavily influenced the Moses people. They crossed over the Sinai Peninsula to enter Africa. This is why the 5 books of Moses uses some laws from the Asseryia. I hope no one actually believe God cared about all those things in Leviticus and Numbers. Also, Egypt has been building Arks forever, this is where he got his idea for the Ark of Covenant.

Creation story comes from Mesopotamia and Egypt. Doesn't mean it false, just means it is not complete or detailed, but it still gives us great knowledge.

Noah is not the only person who experienced the flood, Archaeologist found Flood stories in caves all over the world from that period.

You have to regard the 5 books of Moses as the Story of Noah and Abraham, but to consider it the complete story of the world is to put faith over reason, which not even Priests or Rabbis do or recommend.

My Christian faith actually got stronger as I actually researched history and put the Bible in proper context. Some stuff really disgusts me, like the Church leaders burning some of the Gospels written when Jesus was alive...remember the Gospels in the Bible were all written 40 years after Jesus died and was resurrected.

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
So true, Mesopotamia and Assyria who conquered them later heavily influenced the Moses people. They crossed over the Sinai Peninsula to enter Africa. This is why the 5 books of Moses uses some laws from the Asseryia. I hope no one actually believe God cared about all those things in Leviticus and Numbers. Also, Egypt has been building Arks forever, this is where he got his idea for the Ark of Covenant.

Creation story comes from Mesopotamia and Egypt. Doesn't mean it false, just means it is not complete or detailed, but it still gives us great knowledge.

Noah is not the only person who experienced the flood, Archaeologist found Flood stories in caves all over the world from that period.

You have to regard the 5 books of Moses as the Story of Noah and Abraham, but to consider it the complete story of the world is to put faith over reason, which not even Priests or Rabbis do or recommend.

My Christian faith actually got stronger as I actually researched history and put the Bible in proper context. Some stuff really disgusts me, like the Church leaders burning some of the Gospels written when Jesus was alive...remember the Gospels in the Bible were all written 40 years after Jesus died and was resurrected.
Also genesis is a combination of a bunch of different tribes take on the creation on the world. It's pieced together like a tapestry, so that in one part you have God walking the earth with Adam (I believe) and one part he's above the world. I gotta go back over my notes from my bible as literature class

Soon

Banned
Daps
Also genesis is a combination of a bunch of different tribes take on the creation on the world. It's pieced together like a tapestry, so that in one part you have God walking the earth with Adam (I believe) and one part he's above the world. I gotta go back over my notes from my bible as literature class

Well...on the surface level you can call it a "take".

Tapestry is a stretch...considering what we know about the impressive and very real Spiritualism of other belief systems like the Shamans in China, Vodou Priest in Africa, and the Pujas in Hinduism.

And of course what we know about the Spiritualism of the Abraham religions (Jews, Muslims, Christians) is documented remarkably in 1 Corinthians as well in other places in the Bible. And yes, Christ died a Jew.

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Well...on the surface level you can call it a "take".

Tapestry is a stretch...considering what we know about the impressive and very real Spiritualism of other belief systems like the Shamans in China, Vodou Priest in Africa, and the Pujas in Hinduism.

And of course what we know about the Spiritualism of the Abraham religions (Jews, Muslims, Christians) is documented remarkably in 1 Corinthians as well in other places in the Bible. And yes, Christ died a Jew.
How is it a stretch?

For much of the 20th century most scholars agreed that the five books of the Pentateuch—Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy—came from four sources, the Yahwist, the Elohist, the Deuteronomist and the Priestly source, each telling the same basic story, and joined together by various editors.[12] Since the 1970s there has been a revolution in scholarship: the Elohist source is now widely regarded as no more than a variation on the Yahwist, while the Priestly source is increasingly seen not as a document but as a body of revisions and expansions to the Yahwist (or "non-Priestly") material. (The Deuteronomistic source does not appear in Genesis).[13]

In composing the Patriarchal history the Yahwist drew on four separate blocks of traditional stories about Abraham, Jacob, Judah and Joseph, combining them with genealogies, itineraries and the "promise" theme to create a unified whole.[14] Similarly, when composing the "primeval history" he drew on Greek and Mesopotamian sources, editing and adding to them to create a unified work that fit his theological agenda.[15] The Yahwistic work was then revised and expanded into the final edition by the authors of the Priestly source.[16]

Examples of repeated and duplicate stories are used to identify the separate sources. In Genesis these include three different accounts of a Patriarch claiming that his wife was his sister, the two creation stories, and the two versions of Abraham sending Hagar and Ishmael into the desert.[17]

This leaves the question of when these works were created. Scholars in the first half of the 20th century came to the conclusion that the Yahwist was produced in the monarchic period, specifically at the court of Solomon, and the Priestly work in the middle of the 5th century BC (the author was even identified as Ezra), but more recent thinking is that the Yahwist was written either just before or during the Babylonian exile of the 6th century, and the Priestly final edition was made late in the Exilic period or soon after.[6]

As for why the book was created, a theory which has gained considerable interest, although still controversial is "Persian imperial authorisation". This proposes that the Persians, after their conquest of Babylon in 538 BC, agreed to grant Jerusalem a large measure of local autonomy within the empire, but required the local authorities to produce a single law code accepted by the entire community. The two powerful groups making up the community—the priestly families who controlled the Temple and who traced their origin to Moses and the wilderness wanderings, and the major landowning families who made up the "elders" and who traced their own origins to Abraham, who had "given" them the land—were in conflict over many issues, and each had its own "history of origins", but the Persian promise of greatly increased local autonomy for all provided a powerful incentive to cooperate in producing a single text.[18]