The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC

This isn’t the video I was referring to but kinda similar process. The og video dude put something on the sole and put it in the sun to get the yellow out @Bryan Danielson

Skillz

Rookie
Daps
I went to the Art after Dark at the Gantt Juneteenth weekend. Joint was real nice & it was free. Had a cash bar and free cheese/cracker type shyt. What The Fries was posted outside. They're having another free event tomorrow for local musicians. May check it out.

I wanted to shop at the Durag Fest but I think I got there too late and the vendors were packing up. Anybody know any local artist selling paintings?

You can actually come back from that. I seen the process on tiktok… I’ll link if I find it again. But once the sole gets brittle it’s definitely a wrap

You right, I remember back in the day cats were restoring Jordan XI's with Retr0bright. I think it was designed to remove yellowing from Nintendos/electronics. They were putting the Js in the sun then the sun was melting the glue causing sole separation but it worked. Those mall brehs might carry an alternative.

Daps
I went to the Art after Dark at the Gantt Juneteenth weekend. Joint was real nice & it was free. Had a cash bar and free cheese/cracker type shyt. What The Fries was posted outside. They're having another free event tomorrow for local musicians. May check it out.

I wanted to shop at the Durag Fest but I think I got there too late and the vendors were packing up. Anybody know any local artist selling paintings?

You right, I remember back in the day cats were restoring Jordan XI's with Retr0bright. I think it was designed to remove yellowing from Nintendos/electronics. They were putting the Js in the sun then the sun was melting the glue causing sole separation but it worked. Those mall brehs might carry an alternative.

You can use Retrobright or Salon 40, but they won't be able to do that at a kiosk. If the problem is yellowing and not the shoes being dirty, then @Bryan Danielson has to do that work at home.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
You can use Retrobright or Salon 40, but they won't be able to do that at a kiosk. If the problem is yellowing and not the shoes being dirty, then @Bryan Danielson has to do that work at home.

fukk….. that’s what I missed about Gboro.

I had a spot where I could get my shoes cleaned.
I used to get my Timbs done all the time and they looked like brand new.

I forget I even had these shoes, I was going through my closest looking for something else and found them. To my surprise they is pretty good shape minus the yellow soles.

I bought 2 more pair but I really wanna get these straight and Im determined.

I mean they don’t even have creases….. I don’t know why I stopped wearing

Skillz

Rookie
Daps
Yeah, I mean carry an alternative for him to take home & do it. I don't even think those cats clean shoes for real, they just clean 1 then try to sell you the product.

fukk….. that’s what I missed about Gboro.

I had a spot where I could get my shoes cleaned.
I used to get my Timbs done all the time and they looked like brand new.

I forget I even had these shoes, I was going through my closest looking for something else and found them. To my surprise they is pretty good shape minus the yellow soles.

I bought 2 more pair but I really wanna get these straight and Im determined.

I mean they don’t even have creases….. I don’t know why I stopped wearing
Your best bet is DIY. You probably can ask at one of the sneaker resell/consignment shops (Request in CC Mills by Burlington) as well since some people restore kicks. If you find someone they may not charging much less than buying new since white af1 readily available.

Javed

All Star
Daps
1. Why dahell does the interstate come to a stop for no reason:gucci: be thinking somebody died on the highway

2. This weather been amazing :blessed:don’t mind the heat all and it don’t get dark til 9:30

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC

I was supposed to go to that thing Wednesday after work. If they have another this Wednesday coming up I’ll go

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I was supposed to go to that thing Wednesday after work. If they have another this Wednesday coming up I’ll go

Damn I gotta remember too….

I used to do business with some of the staff and met the CEO a few times (yes, flex & humble brag)

So it would be nice to catch up with them

charknicks

All Star
Daps
I went to the last Gantt after Dark event this past Wednesday, with the live band, and it was a very dope experience. There was about 150-200 people there, and this band who was there killed it. They played mostly classics, and even had this 75 year old lady feeling it and trying to twerk (all in fun) on the band leader/guitar player. Nice evening out at no cost, and no drama. Just good Black people fun. I will be checking out more of their events for sure upcoming.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Man it never fails…. Everytime I order food from this Derita DBG (Dairy Bar & Grill)

They ALWAYS take a long time preparing the food. I order like 1:50. It said it would be ready by 2:20

I got his at 2:40 and these niccas still ain’t had my order ready and I had to wait

Mind you last time I order…. It was like 30+ mins after the time I was supposed to get my food

One lady left that day too ….. smh

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
10-E234-E2-AA9-F-4049-B7-DE-38-D89-E0-BA5-A5.jpg

I'm honestly surprised we're only 13th.

All these transplants move here with their shytty driving from wherever they came from then try to blame us locals saying we can't drive :hhh:
People be taking chances out here bruh. The other day, I saw an Excursion literally turned upside down right on the exit to independence by the Bojangles arena! I thought independence was fukked up or something, but people were just stopping to look and take pictures and shyt:stopitslime: Man I’ve never seen so many crazy drivers in my life!

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Man it never fails…. Everytime I order food from this Derita DBG (Dairy Bar & Grill)

They ALWAYS take a long time preparing the food. I order like 1:50. It said it would be ready by 2:20

I got his at 2:40 and these niccas still ain’t had my order ready and I had to wait

Mind you last time I order…. It was like 30+ mins after the time I was supposed to get my food

One lady left that day too ….. smh
The owner is the homie but she definitely need to work on the order times. Got me standing out here hoping something don’t happen to me and all I’m waiting for is a milkshake :russ:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
@CarmelBarbie how are you?

You been quiet for a minute?

Same with you @Booksnrain ?

I just wanna check on your 2 beautiful queens

Sidenote…….

@Responsible Allen Iverson or any other breh. Do know of any place that does shoe cleaning? (Preferable in University area)

And I know you kinda militant with the Pro Black Business stuff but they don’t have to be black. I just wanna get my white AF1’s clean.

I tried to clean the soles today and didn’t work out like I hoped. So now I wanna take to a shop.

Was gonna by some new ones (and I still may) but these were still in pretty good shape and just need the soles clean and they back in the game.
Go and get hounded by the bruhs at Concord Mills lol. They have 2 booths places strategically inside the mall so they can catch you slipping