Aunt Sue’s Famous Pound Cake

million-dollar-pound-cake-x.jpg

Print

Ingredients
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 cup whipping cream (also known as Heavy Cream)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

Instructions
  1. Grease and flour tube (or bundt) pan and set out eggs and butter to allow them to come to room temperature.
  2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for one minute after each addition. Sift the flour and add it to the creamed mixture alternately with the whipping cream. Mix until fully incorporated.
  3. Stir in the vanilla.
  4. Pour into prepared pan and place in a cold oven. Turn the oven to 300 and bake for 80-90 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before removing from pan.

HONEYBLAY

Pro
Daps
Reppin
~919..Go Tarheelz..~
exps43081_HC153382C03_11_2b.jpg

2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls, divided

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Unroll one tube of crescent dough and separate into triangles. Press onto bottom of prepared pan to form a crust, sealing seams well. Bake 10-15 minutes or until set.
  2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach and mushrooms; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender. Drain on several layers of paper towels, blotting well. In a large bowl, whisk six eggs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and pepper.
  3. Layer crust with half of each of the following: ham, salami, provolone cheese, red peppers and spinach mixture. Pour half of the egg mixture over top. Repeat layers; top with remaining egg mixture.
  4. On a work surface, unroll and separate remaining crescent dough into triangles. Press together to form a circle and seal seams; place over filling. Whisk remaining egg; brush over dough.
  5. Bake, uncovered, 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°, covering loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning. Carefully loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove rim from pan. Let stand 20 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.

Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/italian-brunch-torte#ixzz3WNbd5elQ

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
apple crumb pie
10 small apples, peeled and sliced
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
a few drops rose water (optional)
  • mix the sugar, cinnamon, acv, and rose water into the apples
crumb topping
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup flour
pinch of cinnamon powder
demarea sugar (optional)
beaten egg
  • mix the butter, flour, sugar and cinnamon until it resembles crumbs
  • roll out pie dough to fit pie tin, add to tin
  • add apple mixture
  • top with crumbs
  • press edges of pie dough to the topping in an even pattern
  • brush pie crust edges with the beaten egg, brush on demarea sugar (this doesn't do much, I just like how sparkly it looks )
  • bake at 425 for 15 mins, then at 350 for 30 mins
  • let it cool for 30 mins
the finished result
2112zxf.png
:damn:

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
@Raedawn07 I hate tofu you know tempeh is my thing, but this lasagna is similar to the one I had yesterday. :lawd:

Vegan Tofu Spinach Lasagna

INGREDIENTS

1/2 to 1 pound (225 to 455 g) lasagna noodles

2 packages (10 ounces, or 280 g, each) frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained

1 package (16 ounces, or 455 g) firm tofu (not silken)

1 tablespoon (13 g) granulated sugar (optional)

1/4 cup (60 ml) nondairy milk (such as rice, oat, soy, almond, or hazelnut), or as needed

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 peeled garlic cloves

Juice from 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons [30 ml])

2 tablespoons (5 g) minced fresh basil (about 20 leaves)

1 teaspoon (6 g) salt (or to taste)

4 to 6 cups (980 to 1470 g) tomato or pasta sauce of your choice

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; (180 degrees C, or gas mark 4).

Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions or use "no-boil" lasagna noodles. Drain and set aside.

Squeeze as much water from spinach as possible and set aside. (If using fresh spinach, blanch first.)

Place tofu, sugar (if using), milk, garlic powder, lemon juice, basil and salt in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. The tofu "ricotta" should be creamy but still have body.

Transfer to large-size bowl, and stir in spinach. Continue tasting until you get amount of salt just right.

Cover bottom of 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33 cm) baking dish with a thin layer of tomato sauce, then a layer of noodles (use about one-third of noodles). Follow with half the tofu filling. Continue in the same order, using half the remaining tomato sauce and noodles, and all remaining tofu filling. End with remaining noodles, covered by remaining tomato sauce. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until hot and bubbling.

Book-Pasta-Lasagne-Tofu-Cheese-Spinach-e1331944751945.jpg

I don't like cookn wit tempeh

:whoa:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Creamy squash soup.

Sauté half a small onion. Pour in one carton of chicken stock

1003806_10200623674744170_1409138292_n.jpg

Peel season with salt and pepper and roast one large squash(or two small ones) on 350 for one hour or until soft
1376623_10200623682464363_1037294466_n.jpg

Sauté corn and smoked sausage

539793_10200623985191931_620560489_n.jpg

Puree squash, add all ingredients to the chicken stock. Simmer for 10 minutes

1380261_10200623996272208_1706478876_n.jpg

Done. I garnished it with a little parsley. You can use whatever herb you want. I also pan grilled a chicken breast and sever it with toasted bread. Serve it how you like

1391711_10200624270399061_2059413354_n.jpg

:eat:

HONEYBLAY

Pro
Daps
Reppin
~919..Go Tarheelz..~
~Scrumptious Sliced Baked Potatoes....~

369203,xcitefun-sliced-potatoes-1.jpg

Just slice the potato in sections, making sure to not cut all the way through. Tuck slices of garlic in between for loads and loads of flavor, top with butter and oil, and bake. Or, you can try whatever mix of spices and flavorings/garnishes you desire. Ours came out very crispy, so probably baked them a bit too long. They are a twist on baked potatoes and sure make for an impressive presentation.

INGREDIENTS

• 2 russet potatoes–small, medium, or large
    • 2 cloves garlic, sliced (or more if you prefer)
    • 2 tbsp. unsalted butter (or more if you prefer)
    • kosher salt (or regular table salt)
    • 2 tbsp. olive oil
    • toppings of choice for baked potatoes: cheese, sour cream, chives…

DIRECTIONS

• Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
    • Scrub, rinse, and dry potatoes.
    • Slice a thin layer off bottom of potatoes to provide stable base. Slice into potatoes widthwise but not completely through to bottom. Aim for an accordion effect.
    • Thinly slice garlic cloves and slide garlic between potato slices.
    • Place potatoes on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Top each potato with 1 tbsp. butter. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for one hour or until tender on the inside and crisp on the outside. Remove pan every 15 minutes to baste potatoes in the oil and butter on the pan. This will make the skin extra crispy and buttery.
    • Remove from oven; cool for 10 minutes.
    • Top with sour cream, cheese, chives, or any other toppings you desire.
**Sliced Baked Potatoes Presentation...***
369201,xcitefun-sliced-potatoes-3.jpg

369200,xcitefun-sliced-potatoes-4.jpg

369199,xcitefun-sliced-potatoes-5.jpg

369202,xcitefun-sliced-potatoes-2.jpg

HONEYBLAY

Pro
Daps
Reppin
~919..Go Tarheelz..~
Butter Rolls

11146276_10153244347709137_5228744324421885991_n.jpg

Print

Ingredients

• 1 Can Crescent Roll Dough ( 8 ounces)
    • ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
    • ⅛ cup sugar
    • ½ tsp cinnamon
Milk Sauce

• 1 cup whole milk
    • ⅓ cup sugar
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Instructions

• Preheat oven to 350. Roll out crescent roll dough onto greased or floured surface. Press seams together.
    • Spread softened butter over dough, leaving ½ inch space at edges on all sides. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Roll up longways and squeeze lightly with hands to seal.
    • Cut into 10-12 slices.
    • Placed slices in greased 8 inch round pan.
    • Place milk and vanilla in measuring cup and heat in microwave until very warm. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Pour over rolls.
    • Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Once removed from oven, let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
    • Serve warm and enjoy!
Note: There will be more sauce than is pictured here because this photo was taken after a few were removed. Butter Rolls will be dumpling like in texture on the bottom and flaky on the top. Spoon additional sauce over rolls before serving.
~

HONEYBLAY

Pro
Daps
Reppin
~919..Go Tarheelz..~
~
Banana Boats Recipe
~

exps7022_RDS1178114D77A.jpg

Ingredients
4 medium unpeeled ripe bananas
4 teaspoons miniature chocolate chips
4 tablespoons miniature marshmallows

Savings in Chapel Hill, NC 27516 Change Zip
My Savings Add to Grocery List
Nutritional Facts
1 banana boat equals 136 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.

Directions
Cut banana peel lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. at both ends. Open peel wider to form a pocket. Fill each with 1 teaspoon chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon marshmallows. Crimp and shape four pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square) around bananas, forming boats.
Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until marshmallows melt and are golden brown. Yield: 4 servings...

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I brought food :coffee:

tumblr_nmi7nuuVsi1r6bchgo2_1280.jpg
Warm-Sweet-Potato-Quinoa-Salad-with-Spicy-Peanut-Sauce2.jpg
the-big-southwestern-salad-bowl-680x1020.jpg
tumblr_nni5os0YMO1r6bchgo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmrbppXOhO1r6bchgo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nl52s1tqsX1r6bchgo1_1280.jpg
Roasted-Veggie-Quinoa-Bowl-vegan-glutenfree-ilovevegan6-680x1020.jpg
tumblr_njp1ew191O1r6bchgo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0hiriQ2IC1r6bchgo4_1280.jpg
tumblr_n0hiriQ2IC1r6bchgo1_r1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nhl29hQjcf1r6bchgo4_1280.jpg
tumblr_nhsl6pxqbl1r6bchgo2_1280.jpg

No doubt. :smugfavre: I got them from this lady's site: http://www.ilovevegan.com/blog/ :banderas:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ilovevegan.com/vegan-rainbow-potato-salad/

Vegan Rainbow Potato Salad
April 6, 2015 by Brittany 21 Comments

vegan-rainbow-potato-salad1-680x1020.jpg

Good ol’ potato salad, it has been far too long!

For someone who really likes potato salad, it seems like FOREVER since I last had any. At least 4 years! Add another 1-2 years if we’re talking about the last time I had good potato salad. (You know, the homemade stuff!)

Speaking of good vs. bad potato salad, what is up with grocery store potato salads? I mean besides being loaded with preservatives and crazy sounding ingredients, why are they always so awful? They always remind me of cold mayonnaise-y mashed potatoes. Most of the salad is awful and mushy and there’s hardly any actual potato pieces. No texture, no crunch, just bleh.

I want potato salad that’s bursting with flavour, loaded with different textures, actual pieces of potato, and lots of colourful veggies. Lastly, I don’t ever want it to be confused with cold mashed potatoes. Yuck!

vegan-rainbow-potato-salad7-680x1020.jpg

The first step to good potato salad is selecting some good potatoes of course! These pretty Creamer potatoes from The Little Potato Company are absolutely perfect! This is the Terrific Trio, a combination of red, blue, and yellow Creamer potato varietals. Aren’t they lovely for spring? I swear, they were just begging to be turned into my new favourite potato salad! The tender, nutrient-rich skins don’t need to be peeled which adds fibre, texture, and pops of colour to this potato salad.

vegan-rainbow-potato-salad-680x907.jpg

I’ve loaded this recipe with crunchy chopped veggies to really get enhance the rainbow theme. I had “Roy G. Biv” racing through my brain while I was at the grocery store and every colour is accounted for:

Red: Red bell pepper and red Creamer potatoes

Orange: Carrot

Yellow: Yellow Creamer potatoes

Green: Dill, green onion, green bell pepper, and pickles

Blue: Blue Creamer potatoes

Violet: Purple onion

See, all the colours of the rainbow! (Just in case you thought I really just meant colourful potato salad.
icon_biggrin.gif
)

vegan-rainbow-potato-salad8-680x1020.jpg

This recipe takes very little effort to throw together. Creamer potatoes cook quickly and I used my food processor to slice/grate my veggies. The active cooking time is pretty short but try to account for the time needed for the flavours to marry and intensify. I’d suggest making it a day ahead of time for optimal flavour. This recipe is easy to tweak to your own taste preferences. I like to add extra dill and pickles for a kick.

vegan-rainbow-potato-salad5-680x1020.jpg

LPC-Logo-Creamer-of-the-crop-680x259.jpg

This post is sponsored by The Little Potato Company. We love them for their commitment to simple, healthy whole foods like their delicious Creamer potatoes. Thanks for supporting the brands that support I Love Vegan! Learn more about why we love Little Potatoes SO much at www.littlepotatoes.com

vegan-rainbow-potato-salad8-680x1020.jpg

Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins

A colourful vegan potato salad that's loaded with crisp veggies, textures, and flavours.
Author: Brittany at ilovevegan.com
Recipe type: Side Dish
Cuisine: Vegan
Serves: 5 cups

Ingredients
  • 1.5 lb bag Terrific Trio Little Potatoes, quartered
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 5 tsbp vegan mayo
  • 3 tbsp pickle juice
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp paprika
  • black pepper to taste
  • ¼ cup carrot, grated
  • ¼ cup celery, thinly sliced
  • 3 tbsp dill, finely chopped
  • 1-2 tbsp garlic dill pickles, finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp red onion, chopped (and soaked in ice water for 10 minutes)
  • 2 tbsp green onion, finely chopped
  • 2 tbsp green bell pepper, finely chopped
  • ¼ cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
Instructions
  1. In a large pot, cover the quartered Creamer potatoes with cold water, add 1 tsp of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn down to a simmer and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Do not overcook.
  2. In a small bowl, combine the vegan mayo, pickle juice, paprika, ¼ tsp salt, and black pepper. Add the dressing to the potatoes while they're still warm. Mix with a fork, mashing slightly to thicken the dressing.
  3. Cool the potatoes and dressing in your fridge or freezer until they are room temperature or cooler.
  4. Gently mix in all the remaining ingredients: carrot, celery, dill, pickles, red onion, green onion, red and green bell pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
  5. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. The flavours will merry and intensify if you refrigerate overnight before serving. Garnish with paprika and dill.

Last edited:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
http://www.ilovevegan.com/warm-sweet-potato-quinoa-salad-with-spicy-peanut-sauce/
Warm Sweet Potato & Quinoa Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce
January 6, 2015 by Brittany 15 Comments

Warm-Sweet-Potato-Quinoa-Salad-with-Spicy-Peanut-Sauce2.jpg

I’ve always been a little wary about the whole warm salad thing. The thought of hot lettuce has just never really whetted my appetite you know?

But a few weeks ago I gave it a try, accidentally. I was in a hurry, trying to make my lunch BEFORE the sun went down so I could quickly photograph it (story of my life right there.) As soon as my sweet potatoes and my pot of quinoa were finished cooking I tossed them on a salad with some avocado and pumpkin seeds – snapped a few pictures (thankfully that never takes me long) and then I sat down to eat…

Warm-Sweet-Potato-Quinoa-Salad-with-Spicy-Peanut-Sauce3.jpg

Next thing you know I’m eating a warm/cold salad… and it’s good? Like really really good?

And that’s when I knew I had a recipe on my hands. The trick is to combine the hot ingredients with the cold ones JUST before you eat. This keeps the greens from getting too warm or wilted.

Warm-Sweet-Potato-Quinoa-Salad-with-Spicy-Peanut-Sauce6.jpg
Warm-Sweet-Potato-Quinoa-Salad-with-Spicy-Peanut-Sauce7.jpg

This salad starts with a base of crunchy romaine and baby spinach. The spinach is quite tender but the romaine is hearty enough to withstand the warmth. Top with warm quinoa and chopped up baked sweet potato, add a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts, and avocado, and add a drizzle of spicy-sweet peanut sauce. Sit down and start eating ASAP!

Warm-Sweet-Potato-Quinoa-Salad-with-Spicy-Peanut-Sauce9.jpg

I’ve eaten this salad a number of times now. It’s great with hummus instead of peanut sauce, it’s easy to take on the go (just package the dressing separately), and if I haven’t convinced you to try warm salad, it’s delicious served cold too! You can’t go wrong with this one.

Warm-Sweet-Potato-Quinoa-Salad-with-Spicy-Peanut-Sauce.jpg

This salad is hearty, satisfying, and nutritious – everything a salad should be and everything you’re looking for in a January recipe! Enjoy!

Warm-Sweet-Potato-Quinoa-Salad-with-Spicy-Peanut-Sauce1.jpg

Warm-Sweet-Potato-Quinoa-Salad-with-Spicy-Peanut-Sauce1.jpg

Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins

This salad is hearty, nutritious and satisfying! The mix of warm and cold makes this the perfect salad for the cold winter months.

Recipe type: Salad, Entrée, Main Course
Serves: 1

Ingredients
Salad:
  • 1 handful baby spinach
  • 1 handful chopped romaine hearts
  • 1-2 mini sweet potatoes (baked or microwaved)
  • ½ cup cooked quinoa (cook in vegetable broth for extra flavour)
  • 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
  • ½ tbsp hemp seeds
  • ¼-1/2 avocado, chopped
  • dressing: spicy-sweet peanut dressing or roasted garlic hummus
Peanut Dressing:
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce (or Bragg's Liquid Aminos - GF)
  • 3 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 tbsp sriracha
  • 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce (can substitute with 1 more tbsp sriracha)
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar (or maple syrup)
  • 1 tbsp sesame seeds
  • 2-3 tbsp water to thin

Instructions
Preparation:
  1. Scrub, prick, and cook 1-2 mini sweet potatoes until tender. I used my microwave for efficiency and they were ready in about 3 minutes.
  2. Rinse and drain quinoa. Bring ½ cup quinoa + 1 cup vegetable broth to a boil. Turn down to a low simmer and cover. Cook for 15 minutes.
  3. While the quinoa is cooking, wash and chop the romaine, chop up the avocado, and prepare the peanut sauce.
Spicy-Sweet Peanut Sauce:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk vigorously OR combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse.
  2. Store extra sauce in the fridge. I like to keep mine in a glass salad dressing bottle. It may thicken up when refrigerated, I just run my bottle under hot running tap water until it softens back to a liquid.
  3. Makes approx. ½ cup of sauce.
Salad:
  1. Mix the spinach and romaine together.
  2. Top with ½ cup warm quinoa, 1-2 chopped sweet potatoes, chopped avocado, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts, and a drizzle (or more) of the peanut dressing.

Last edited:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
http://www.ilovevegan.com/healthy-pumpkin-pie-parfait-w-coconut-whip-gluten-and-soy-free/
Healthy Pumpkin Pie Parfait w/ Coconut Whip
October 18, 2014 by Brittany 15 Comments

frozen-pumpkin-pie-parfaits22-680x906.jpg

If it’s still a sunny 25°C where you live right now, you might not be ready for the explosion of deeply warming autumn dishes and hot steaming drinks offered this time of year. But I bet you’re still longing for those delightful fall flavours we’re all so in love with!

frozen-pumpkin-pie-parfait-ingredients.jpg

So here’s a cooling (and healthy!) way to enjoy creamy pumpkin-spiced heaven.

This parfait starts with a layer of creamy pumpkin pie smoothie – a thick and luxurious mixture of frozen pumpkin, a tiny bit of banana, almond milk, walnuts, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla all sweetened to perfection with a combination of maple syrup and molasses.

smoothie-+-coconut-cream-dyptich.jpg

Add a nice big dollop of coconut whip (Heaven.)

A hefty scoop of your favourite granola for crunch.

Another layer of that creamy, velvety pumpkin pie smoothie. Top with another BIG dollop of coconut whip, a sprinkle of granola and dust with a little bit of cinnamon. Finish it off with a cinnamon stick if you want to get real fancy!

frozen-pumpkin-pie-parfaits77.jpg

Isn’t it beautiful? Yes, yes it is.

It’s also healthy enough to eat for breakfast, decadent enough to have for dessert, and easy enough to have as a snack any time of day!

Nutritionally speaking, this breakfast/dessert/snack is real powerhouse! It’s loaded with:

• vitamin A, B6, C, and K
  • iron, plus a good source of potassium, and calcium
  • fibre and protein
frozen-pumpkin-pie-parfaits5.jpg

For sweetness I chose to use a mixture of maple syrup and molasses, both of which are great natural sweeteners with really rich and robust flavours. Since maple syrup can be expensive, you can use soft pitted dates as a substitute. Their caramel-y sweetness would be perfect here. You can play around with the level of sweetness and adjust it to your preferences. I like mine to taste very decadent and dessert-like so I like to use LOTS of maple syrup. If you don’t have such a big sweet tooth, start with 1 tbsp and work your way up.

If you’re in a hurry, you can enjoy the Pumpkin Pie Smoothie portion all by itself. But if you’ve got the time I highly recommend trying this treat with all the trimmings!

Enjoy!

frozen-pumpkin-pie-parfaits66.jpg

Some notes on the recipe:

Prep time

• For frozen pumpkin: Spoon pumpkin purée into ice cubes trays and freeze. You only need about 6 frozen pumpkin cubes for this recipe.
    • If you’re not using a high-speed blender like the Vitamix, your blender may struggle to blend frozen pumpkin. You don’t need to use frozen pumpkin, the smoothie will be thick enough for a parfait either way. If you’d still like to try using frozen pumpkin, let it thaw for 20 minutes or so at room temperature to soften up a little bit.
    • For this parfait I used Wild Roots Wholesome Hemp Granola and it holds up really well in this recipe. I left 2 of these parfaits in the fridge for 5+ hours and the granola softened slightly but didn’t become soggy.
frozen-pumpkin-pie-parfaits11.jpg

frozen-pumpkin-pie-parfaits5.jpg

Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins

This frosty parfait contains layers of thick and luxurious pumpkin pie smoothie, fluffy coconut cream, and crunchy granola. Cinnamon stick optional! This decadent breakfast/dessert/snack is loaded with vitamin A, iron, and fibre! Total time is for blending and assembling the parfait, it doesn't include extra time for freezing pumpkin.

Recipe type: Smoothie
Serves: 2

Ingredients
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie:
  • 6 frozen pumpkin puree cubes
  • ½ frozen banana
  • ¾ cup non-dairy milk
  • ¼ cup walnuts
  • ¾ tsp cinnamon
  • ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1-3 tbsp maple syrup
  • 2 tsp molasses
  • ¼ tsp vanilla
Coconut Whip:
  • 1 can of high quality chilled coconut cream (look for one with as few ingredients as possible. Choose a brand with the highest percentage of coconut, if listed on the ingredient list.) Thai Kitchen, Savoy (70%), and Native Forest are some good options.)
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • ¼ tsp vanilla
Parfait:
  • 1 recipe pumpkin pie smoothie
  • ⅓ cup+ coconut whip
  • ½ cup+ granola (look for GF/soy free if necessary)
  • cinnamon sprinkle
  • molasses drizzle (optional)
Instructions
Coconut Whip:
  1. Simply place your canned coconut cream in the fridge until well chilled. Then, turn the can upside down and open the "bottom" of the can. With good quality coconut cream, half of the can should be a thick coconut milk and the other half should be a thick, dense layer of coconut cream.
  2. Scoop the thick cream into a bowl, add a dash of vanilla extract and 2 tbsp maple syrup.
  3. Whip on high until light and fluffy.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie:
  1. Combine all ingredients together in a high speed blender. Blend on high until perfectly smooth. If you're not using a high speed blender such as a Vitamix, refer to the recipe notes.
  2. Taste and adjust the sweetness as necessary with maple syrup, molasses or other natural vegan sweetener.
  3. If you want this to be an ultra-thick and creamy frozen treat, pour the entire smoothie into a bowl and chill it in the freezer. Stir it up every 20 minutes or so, scraping down the sides of the bowl until it reaches your desired thickness. If you leave it in there too long you might need to re-blend it with a little extra nondairy milk.
Assembling the Parfait:
  1. In 2 small jars or glasses, start with a thick layer of pumpkin pie smoothie (about ¼ of the smoothie in each jar.)
  2. Add a big dollop of coconut whip.
  3. Add about ¼ cup of granola.
  4. Top with another thick layer of smoothie (this should finish off the rest of the smoothie.)
  5. Sprinkle with more granola, add a BIG dollop of coconut whip and a dash of cinnamon.
Notes
For frozen pumpkin: Spoon pumpkin purée into ice cubes trays and freeze. You only need about 6 frozen pumpkin cubes for this recipe.

If you're not using a high-speed blender like the Vitamix, your blender may struggle to blend frozen pumpkin. You don't need to use frozen pumpkin, the smoothie will be thick enough for a parfait either way. If you'd still like to try using frozen pumpkin, let it thaw for 20 minutes or so at room temperature to soften up a little bit.

For this parfait I used Wild Roots Wholesome Hemp Granola and it holds up really well in this recipe. I left 2 of these parfaits in the fridge for 5+ hours and the granola softened slightly but didn't become soggy.

Last edited: