Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
New DC rumors. From 4ch*n, so take with a grain of salt:

• Tom King won't be changing any of his plot ideas despite the public backlash of the wedding. Next two arcs will be about Bruce Wayne self-reflecting on if being Batman is a good thing. He'll ask dikk to take over temporarily. The Bane cliffhanger won't be followed up on until around December/January.

• dikkbats won't be a thing in Justice League, but it will spill over to Ben Percy's Nightwing. It'll double ship for a few months, and go back to monthly. DC's also going to push the Nightwing-Batgirl relationship as damage control for the wedding trainwreck, but don't expect anything big to come out of it.

• The solo Red Hood direction will just be for an arc. Scott Lobdell originally wanted to use Roy Harper's death as the catalyst for this angle, but editors stepped in so that he could be used for Heroes in Crisis. Joker's Daughter will be taking Roy's place on the chopping block. Lobdell will be gone after this arc, by the way, to focus more on screenwriting.

• Peter Tomasi will be on Detective Comics, but not until after 1000. His pitch is a globe-trotting Batman fighting the League of Assassins worldwide.

• Speaking of Heroes in Crisis, it's in a messy state. Tom King originally wanted to do just a 6-issue mini-series about PTSD, but Didio wanted to be more like Identity Crisis 2.0. The three suspects are Booster Gold, Harley Quinn, and Wally West, since they're the only survivors. The two victims are Ray Palmer and Kyle Rayner. Rayner doesn't die until late in the event, though. The killer is Hunter Zolomon disguised as Wally.

• After the fallout from Flash War and HiC, Wally will get a mini-series written by David F. Walker, about him getting his life together and back with Linda.

• Huge Justice League crossover happening in January, between Justice League, Justice League Dark, and maybe Odyssey (see below). Superboy Prime is unleashed from the Source Wall. Yeah, you heard me. Green Lantern Corps might have a tie-in, too.

• Justice League Odyssey is dead on arrival, by the way. Editorial demanded that some changes in the script after Sejic had already drawn two issues. Sejic's pissed about it, and is only going to do four issues instead of 12. Then he'll write and draw his Black Label book.

• Editorial is letting Adam Glass a lot of leeway with Teen Titans. He pitched it to them as "teenage Suicide Squad", and they're are letting him run with it. Expect new characters to join, and others to be killed off. The higher-ups are really happy with this direction so far.

• Titans, on the other hand, the top brass isn't happy with. Abnett has about 8 issues of scripts done, and DC's going to double-ship them just to get them out of the way before cancelling or revamping the title. They're letting writers make pitches. The general feeling is that they want to move Nightwing out of the group, and replace him with Red Robin.

• Bryan Edward Hill will be writing an Outsiders title, with Black Lightning, Katana, Geo-Force, Halo. Nightwing will replace Batman as the team supervisor (and for Young Justice synergy). Simon Baz will be on the team, too. A crossover between this and Percy's Nightwing is planned.

• Grant Morrison Green Lantern is real, btw, and it's a 12-issue run about Hal Jordan exploring the Multiverse and learning about how Lantern willpower works in other worlds. Expect an SDCC announcement. Green Lanterns will be retitled as Green Lantern Corps (it'll keep the numbering) and will follow the other Lanterns (John, Guy, Kilowog, etc), with Dan Jurgens writing.

• KSD takes over Aquaman after the SS crossover, and she'll be writing about Mera, Queen of Atlantis. Aquaman will stay as an underwater Robin Hood, and there will be a Romeo and Juliet doomed romance.

• Brian Azzarello is taking Suicide Squad back to its roots, kind of. Harley, Deadshot, and Boomerang are still on the team, but the rest will be expendable villains (like Cheshire, Clock King, Raptor), with a mix of old and new. DC might publish this under Black Label.

• New Age of Heroes has been disappointing, saleswise. The Unexpected is done after six issues. Immortal Men and Damage are ending at 12. The Terrifics is doing well enough to last. Sideways and Silencer might get a few more issues because Didio likes them.

I'm fukking done with DC if these Heroes in Crisis rumors are true. :snoop:

Why hasn't DiDio been asked to step down? :why:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
has anyone read the new spider man? i know its too good to be true, but could we be back?

New DC rumors. From 4ch*n, so take with a grain of salt:

• Tom King won't be changing any of his plot ideas despite the public backlash of the wedding. Next two arcs will be about Bruce Wayne self-reflecting on if being Batman is a good thing. He'll ask dikk to take over temporarily. The Bane cliffhanger won't be followed up on until around December/January.

• dikkbats won't be a thing in Justice League, but it will spill over to Ben Percy's Nightwing. It'll double ship for a few months, and go back to monthly. DC's also going to push the Nightwing-Batgirl relationship as damage control for the wedding trainwreck, but don't expect anything big to come out of it.

• The solo Red Hood direction will just be for an arc. Scott Lobdell originally wanted to use Roy Harper's death as the catalyst for this angle, but editors stepped in so that he could be used for Heroes in Crisis. Joker's Daughter will be taking Roy's place on the chopping block. Lobdell will be gone after this arc, by the way, to focus more on screenwriting.

• Peter Tomasi will be on Detective Comics, but not until after 1000. His pitch is a globe-trotting Batman fighting the League of Assassins worldwide.

• Speaking of Heroes in Crisis, it's in a messy state. Tom King originally wanted to do just a 6-issue mini-series about PTSD, but Didio wanted to be more like Identity Crisis 2.0. The three suspects are Booster Gold, Harley Quinn, and Wally West, since they're the only survivors. The two victims are Ray Palmer and Kyle Rayner. Rayner doesn't die until late in the event, though. The killer is Hunter Zolomon disguised as Wally.

• After the fallout from Flash War and HiC, Wally will get a mini-series written by David F. Walker, about him getting his life together and back with Linda.

• Huge Justice League crossover happening in January, between Justice League, Justice League Dark, and maybe Odyssey (see below). Superboy Prime is unleashed from the Source Wall. Yeah, you heard me. Green Lantern Corps might have a tie-in, too.

• Justice League Odyssey is dead on arrival, by the way. Editorial demanded that some changes in the script after Sejic had already drawn two issues. Sejic's pissed about it, and is only going to do four issues instead of 12. Then he'll write and draw his Black Label book.

• Editorial is letting Adam Glass a lot of leeway with Teen Titans. He pitched it to them as "teenage Suicide Squad", and they're are letting him run with it. Expect new characters to join, and others to be killed off. The higher-ups are really happy with this direction so far.

• Titans, on the other hand, the top brass isn't happy with. Abnett has about 8 issues of scripts done, and DC's going to double-ship them just to get them out of the way before cancelling or revamping the title. They're letting writers make pitches. The general feeling is that they want to move Nightwing out of the group, and replace him with Red Robin.

• Bryan Edward Hill will be writing an Outsiders title, with Black Lightning, Katana, Geo-Force, Halo. Nightwing will replace Batman as the team supervisor (and for Young Justice synergy). Simon Baz will be on the team, too. A crossover between this and Percy's Nightwing is planned.

• Grant Morrison Green Lantern is real, btw, and it's a 12-issue run about Hal Jordan exploring the Multiverse and learning about how Lantern willpower works in other worlds. Expect an SDCC announcement. Green Lanterns will be retitled as Green Lantern Corps (it'll keep the numbering) and will follow the other Lanterns (John, Guy, Kilowog, etc), with Dan Jurgens writing.

• KSD takes over Aquaman after the SS crossover, and she'll be writing about Mera, Queen of Atlantis. Aquaman will stay as an underwater Robin Hood, and there will be a Romeo and Juliet doomed romance.

• Brian Azzarello is taking Suicide Squad back to its roots, kind of. Harley, Deadshot, and Boomerang are still on the team, but the rest will be expendable villains (like Cheshire, Clock King, Raptor), with a mix of old and new. DC might publish this under Black Label.

• New Age of Heroes has been disappointing, saleswise. The Unexpected is done after six issues. Immortal Men and Damage are ending at 12. The Terrifics is doing well enough to last. Sideways and Silencer might get a few more issues because Didio likes them.

I'm fukking done with DC if these Heroes in Crisis rumors are true. :snoop:

Why hasn't DiDio been asked to step down? :why:

titans has always been a teen suicide squad but with more optimism. theres probably more dead titans then there are dead justice league members

and what does nightwing have to do with young justice? that was tims team

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
G. Willow Wilson (Kamala Kahn/Ms Marvel creator) is going to be taking over the writing duties on Wonder Woman in November with Cary Nord on art.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
G. Willow Wilson (Kamala Kahn/Ms Marvel creator) is going to be taking over the writing duties on Wonder Woman in November with Cary Nord on art.

Gotta check out Ms. Marvel.

Funny how I get the most excited to read a Marvel book because the creator worked on a DC book. :mjlol:

has anyone read the new spider man? i know its too good to be true, but could we be back?

titans has always been a teen suicide squad but with more optimism. theres probably more dead titans then there are dead justice league members

I believe they are referring to the Young Justice TV show, not the comic.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area

I'm hoping Pete and Mj stay together thats one of my favorite couples in comics and I really thought that first issue was fukking dope. I like how he set his run up, looking forward to Mysterio and the Lizard stuff going forward. He's got a great handle of the humor as well I laughed a couple of times reading this

Last edited:

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Almost caught up on Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Few more issues till Shattered Grid starts. :mjgrin:

Is it just me, or are Jason and Tommy trash in this series? Them nikkas cause more problems than they solve. On the flip side, my girl Trini getting the shine she never got in the TV show.:blessed:
Pete and MJ got back together :blessed:
Time to start reading Spider Man again.