Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
AVEN_Page_3-1.jpg

AVEN_Page_4-1.jpg

AVEN_Page_5.jpg

We did it brehs! :to: Dreams can come true!

GoodnaturedMassiveIsabellinewheatear-size_restricted.gif

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Back in the 1980's DC Comics did a bunch of drug awareness comic books featuring The Teen Titans, they were in conjunction with different advertisers and First Lady Nancy Reagan's "Say No To Drugs" campaign. At the time there was an issue with the usage of Robin in certain things so they replaced Robin with a new character called The Protector who'se sole mission in life was to keep kids off drugs:

DyLi8YkXQAEW_s0.jpg

So fast forward to this week's Heroes in Crisis #5 where we get a look at The Protector's counseling sessions at Haven:
DyLjBBZXgAAeZhj.jpg

Tom King is a motherfukker:heh:

:mjlol: I forgot to speak on it.

I know I had that book, prolly lost it during Katrina.

If this was the 90s, dude would come back grim n gritty in his own series, shyt would be worth $950 tomorrow. :francis:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
MajBRfj.jpg

i liked this issue. shyt, Champions and West Coast Avengers is poppin right now!

:ehh:

also copped the Nick Fury and Goose the Cat "Captain Marvel" FUNKO figures yesterday. already have a few Cap Marvel joints, wanted to get Fury and Goose tho.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Remember how Marvel was pushing that “Time Is Broken” storyline after age of Ultron n Original 5? I think they should def bring it back. Time travel in the MU is so confusing and downright annoying. Like do we really need a teenage Cable?!

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Remember how Marvel was pushing that “Time Is Broken” storyline after age of Ultron n Original 5? I think they should def bring it back. Time travel in the MU is so confusing and downright annoying. Like do we really need a teenage Cable?!

I'm trying to figure how a teenage cable would even work.

Like really.... Would Cable remember himself as a teen going to the future to kill himself cause he allegedly wasn't doing the job....

and still not do the job, then wait to get killed by his younger self!? :francis:

:francis: or are they trying to pull some Doctor Who shyt, where if two or more versions of The Doctor meet, the younger versions age wise don't remember?

:francis: they could've done this with regular Cable, and just made this a point in history that he was waiting to fix. Ahab running amok.

:francis: Now watch Stryfe turn out to have been Cable damn near the whole time.