Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Remember how Marvel was pushing that “Time Is Broken” storyline after age of Ultron n Original 5? I think they should def bring it back. Time travel in the MU is so confusing and downright annoying. Like do we really need a teenage Cable?!

That original 5 run in the x-men was typical bendis garbage and completely unnecessary and added nothing to the characters. No we don’t need a teenage cable or cable for that matter if we are being honest.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, it's :trash:. Tom King's been on my shyt list for a minute now. :camby:
I already wasn't impressed with his Batman run. I think HiC is the final nail in the coffin for me. There doesn't seem to be much logic to his stories and they feel rushed or like we're missing scenes. I read the 'I Am Gotham' story recently because it's on Amazon Prime now. That was godawful.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I already wasn't impressed with his Batman run. I think HiC is the final nail in the coffin for me. There doesn't seem to be much logic to his stories and they feel rushed or like we're missing scenes. I read the 'I Am Gotham' story recently because it's on Amazon Prime now. That was godawful.
I might give the Mister Miracle trade a shot since I enjoy the New Gods. But yea, I agree with what you wrote. I Am Gotham was meh. I bought War Riddles based off the hype and was disappointed.

Dude is the most overhyped comic writer today. :camby:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Agreed. And I don't want to hear anymore about his 'character studies' when he writes everybody like idiots in Heroes in Crisis to fit his narrative, or forces them to have PTSD because that's the only thing he knows how to write about.

I read the 'I Am Gotham' story recently because it's on Amazon Prime now. That was godawful.
I Am Gotham was meh. I bought War Riddles based off the hype and was disappointed.

If you think that's bad wait till you get to the 'The Gift.' :mjlit:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Agreed. And I don't want to hear anymore about his 'character studies' when he writes everybody like idiots in Heroes in Crisis to fit his narrative, or forces them to have PTSD because that's the only thing he knows how to write about.

If you think that's bad wait till you get to the 'The Gift.' :mjlit:
I dropped the Batman run after the first arc. :mjlol:

Only picked up Riddles because of the replies in here.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Say Hickman comes back n writes Avengers/FF4 again.....what could he do to top his EPIC run that culminated in Secret Wars?

Not have Bendis at Marvel.

edit: but nah, I want to see him build an epic out of nothing but B and C list heroes and villains, with folks dying unexpectedly.

Like... make me give a shyt about Water Wizard (:dame:). Make Cannonball the mutant leader that was trained by Charles, Magneto, Cable and Captain America. Cause that's who he is. Make Cypher a God-Tier human, cause he can understand any language and marvel abstract cosmics won't shut up.

double edit: :patrice: I basically want him to do a cross between marvel's Conspiracy comic and Legion Lost. :mjcry: Why can't Hickman write LosH?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
On another note anyone else picking up immortal hulk because most people I know aren’t and that shyt has been good since issue 1

we all rave about it here (another excellent issue today), but I think the masses dodging it because he's not all Hulk Smash

It is weird, though. Hulk figured prominently in the Thor and IW movies, Marvel made She Hulk an angry idiot and did the total opposite with Hulk.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
we all rave about it here (another excellent issue today), but I think the masses dodging it because he's not all Hulk Smash

It is weird, though. Hulk figured prominently in the Thor and IW movies, Marvel made She Hulk an angry idiot and did the total opposite with Hulk.

Yo that scene of the hulk telling Bruce he loved him and protected him because someone had too had me like:mjcry: