Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Not have Bendis at Marvel.

edit: but nah, I want to see him build an epic out of nothing but B and C list heroes and villains, with folks dying unexpectedly.

Like... make me give a shyt about Water Wizard (:dame:). Make Cannonball the mutant leader that was trained by Charles, Magneto, Cable and Captain America. Cause that's who he is. Make Cypher a God-Tier human, cause he can understand any language and marvel abstract cosmics won't shut up.

double edit: :patrice: I basically want him to do a cross between marvel's Conspiracy comic and Legion Lost. :mjcry: Why can't Hickman write LosH?

Those are great ideas. Cannonball being shown being that great leader he was in those X-Force years would be dope. Also Hickman using Daredevil, Punisher, Elektra, Mooknight for sum wild stories would be

:ohhh:

I wish he would restart Manhattan Projects. That book was NUTS.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Yo that scene of the hulk telling Bruce he loved him and protected him because someone had too had me like:mjcry:

seriously. i wasnt expecting that. i never would have thought this would have been as good as it was, and im glad i was wrong. im also glad they didnt shyt on creel in the end

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
seriously. i wasnt expecting that. i never would have thought this would have been as good as it was, and im glad i was wrong. im also glad they didnt shyt on creel in the end

It just goes back what I told my Asian friend the hulk was to banner and that was an abused boy’s manifestion of something that would protect him from his abusive father. In many ways making him a rather tragic captain marvel.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dropped the Batman run after the first arc. :mjlol:

Only picked up Riddles because of the replies in here.
Same. That was my first exposure to King. Then I read the arc with Booster and I didn't care for that one either because I hate how he is portraying Booster. I only gave 'I Am Gotham' a shot because, like I said earlier, it's free for Amazon Prime users to borrow now that DC has finally smartened up and partnered with Amazon Prime Reading. I want to see how Heroes In Crisis finishes, but then I'm officially done with anything written by King. Dude is Jeph Loeb/Grant Morrison status to me.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
It just goes back what I told my Asian friend the hulk was to banner and that was an abused boy’s manifestion of something that would protect him from his abusive father. In many ways making him a rather tragic captain marvel.

so then the hulk was a subconscious that was always there that manifested at the gamma bomb explosion rather than something that was created then.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
so then the hulk was a subconscious that was always there that manifested at the gamma bomb explosion rather than something that was created then.

Yep, hulk was always there, the gamma radiation just allowed him to come out

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Speaking of King, I finished VISION VOL 1, and it's okay.:ld:

The story is fine but it's not as deep as King thinks it is. I'll check out vol 2 later

teacher

All Star
Daps
Speaking of King, I finished VISION VOL 1, and it's okay.:ld:

The story is fine but it's not as deep as King thinks it is. I'll check out vol 2 later

Not really deep, sad but sh!t is movie ready. If vision gets a solo it HAS to be based on this 12 issue run... One thing with King he is the only writer that can make love interests work and not seem forced or corny. All his work seems movie ready for the most part. No need to force a love interest because it's already there :krs:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
X-Force #1

That squad.

Warpath
Dom