Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
20232889_10101376451961742_6977617458840690095_o.jpg

That "Good grief" line was a great payoff of their previous conversation. shyt cracked me up.

20246399_10101376452605452_1941814116844842965_n.jpg

Anybody else read the Joker in Mark Hamill's voice?

It's the only voice.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Astonishing X-Men was ok but I'm kind of confused. Isn't Bishop on bad terms with the team after he shot Xavier when he was trying to kill Hope?
Is Archangel like Warren's alter ego like Hulk is to Bruce Banner?

Where is Mystique? She's on the cover but nowhere in the book.

Batman #27 was DOPE! King is a very good writer and I'm really intrigued by this current story.

He came back to the present, linking up with Uncanny X-Force (Psylocke, Storm, Spiral, Puck), battled with Cable's X-Force and later reconciled with Hope & Cable. He and Hope were abducted by Stryfe, so that's when they made amends.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
explain. I skimmed the issue cause it seemed, pointless

Basically there's apparently a secret club of DC's immortals, both good and bad.

Hawkman called them to order because he was asking them what was up with the Nth Metal.

Going by the hints, the folks that attended and were rocking the hooded robes were

The wizard Shazam
Immortal Man
Vandal Savage
Jason Blood/Etrigan
Cain and Abel
R'as al Ghul
Mary Stewart
Uncle Sam
The Phantom Stranger
Swamp Thing
possibly The Shining Knight
some other sorcerers, maybe

:mjlol: now, imagine Hawkman asking these people to show up and not kill each other, or even remotely be interested in human affairs..... and they do.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Basically there's apparently a secret club of DC's immortals, both good and bad.

Hawkman called them to order because he was asking them what was up with the Nth Metal.

Going by the hints, the folks that attended and were rocking the hooded robes were

The wizard Shazam
Immortal Man
Vandal Savage
Jason Blood/Etrigan
Cain and Abel
R'as al Ghul
Mary Stewart
Uncle Sam
The Phantom Stranger
Swamp Thing

:mjlol: now, imagine Hawkman asking these people to show up and not kill each other, or even remotely be interested in human affairs..... and they do.
Mary Stewart?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

The wizard Shazam
Immortal Man
Vandal Savage
Jason Blood/Etrigan
Cain and Abel
R'as al Ghul
Mary Stewart
Uncle Sam
The Phantom Stranger
Swamp Thing

Well whatever convoluted stuff that is going on grabbed the attention of The Guardians all the way across the galaxy in Oa so its not like this is some mad scheme by the Shadow Thief that Hawkman is investigating. Supposedly this coming shytstorm is on a major cosmic level.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Astonishing X-Men was ok but I'm kind of confused. Isn't Bishop on bad terms with the team after he shot Xavier when he was trying to kill Hope?

Is Archangel like Warren's alter ego like Hulk is to Bruce Banner?

Where is Mystique? She's on the cover but nowhere in the book.

Batman #27 was DOPE! King is a very good writer and I'm really intrigued by this current story.
They need to hurry up and add her to the team because she and Bishop being on the cover was the only reason I picked up the book.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
DC Channels Marvel's FANTASTIC FOUR with Brand New Team THE TERRIFICS
By Chris Arrant, EditorJuly 21, 2017 02:06pm ET

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMDMvOTQzL2kwMi9EYXJrX01hdHRlcl9pbWFnZS5qcGc=

Credit: DC Comics

Jeff Lemire is returning to DC after his Marvel exclusive for a new superhero "family" titled The Terrifics with artist Ivan Reis. Part of the post-Dark Nights: Metal "Dark Matter" line, The Terrifics will consist of Mr. Terrific, Metamorpho, Phantom Girl, and Plastic Man.

That's right: a scientist, a stretching man, a brute with physical disfiguation, and a woman who can become intangible.

And yes, it's the team teased earlier this week at Comic-Con International: San Diego.

Lemire said that his goal with The Terrifics is to recapture the feeling of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's Fantastic Four.

I hope this succeeds:ehh:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
DC Channels Marvel's FANTASTIC FOUR with Brand New Team THE TERRIFICS
By Chris Arrant, EditorJuly 21, 2017 02:06pm ET

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMDMvOTQzL2kwMi9EYXJrX01hdHRlcl9pbWFnZS5qcGc=

Credit: DC Comics

Jeff Lemire is returning to DC after his Marvel exclusive for a new superhero "family" titled The Terrifics with artist Ivan Reis. Part of the post-Dark Nights: Metal "Dark Matter" line, The Terrifics will consist of Mr. Terrific, Metamorpho, Phantom Girl, and Plastic Man.

That's right: a scientist, a stretching man, a brute with physical disfiguation, and a woman who can become intangible.

And yes, it's the team teased earlier this week at Comic-Con International: San Diego.

Lemire said that his goal with The Terrifics is to recapture the feeling of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's Fantastic Four.

I hope this succeeds:ehh:
Look at the team

It won't