Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
What comic is this breh?v

A mind-bending X-Men tale from the brains of Peter Milligan (X-Statix, Shade the Changing Man) and Wilfredo Torres (Moon Knight, Black Panther)! David Haller, the son of Professor Charles Xavier, has always had trouble containing the multiple personalities in his mind. And with each personality, comes a wild and dangerous mutant power. But now, a terrifying new personality is threatening to absorb these powers and take over David's mind and body. In a desperate attempt to save himself, David seeks out the help of renowned young psychotherapist Hannah Jones to delve into his fractured mind and fight back this dark personality. But unknown to Legion….Dr Jones brings her own demons with her...

copyOfFirstPage._QL80_TTD_.jpg

5 issue run

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
THE PUNISHER #219 - much better issue than the last. The art was actually decent this time. So far it's fun to see Frab k with the war machine suit, even if the story isnt going anywhere.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #36 - Excellent. A lot of the points against heroes makes sense, and the conflict between the team mkes sense. I hope they dont lose that going forward with the copycat angle.

However
when did Lanterns get the ability to shapeshift

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
@Ziggiy I know you hate Coates run with Black Panther, maybe you've talked about it enough already but I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on Coates own arguments for his take on T'Challa and why he wanted to change the character so much.

The comic book talk starts at the 41 minute mark aprox.

Episode 878 - Ta-Nehisi Coates

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Would anyone be interested in a fiction battle thread? @hex is that something you think folks would be into?

you mean like this character vs that character?

the thing about those kind of threads on this board is you really don't have enough folks knowledgeable enough about characters to even really debate them. It would boil down to.... how many legit comic readers we got here anyway? :jbhmm:

But then.... all fiction being fair game would make it hella interesting. Netflix Punisher vs John Wick and the like

but my nerd rage issues can't deal with a bunch of ":gladbron: lol batman wins cause he batman" type posts.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Professor X is back!!
:gladbron:

in Fantomex's body!
:melogrootoh:

Warren can control the Archangel now!
:whoo:

Im kinda interested to see where they're going with that.

Charles Xavier in the body of a killer.

:patrice: I don't think that's Chuck, though. Prolly a manifestation of Shadow King's obsession of having charles around to fight, since he really doesn't have any other psionic equals.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Im kinda interested to see where they're going with that.

Charles Xavier in the body of a killer.

:patrice: I don't think that's Chuck, though. Prolly a manifestation of Shadow King's obsession of having charles around to fight, since he really doesn't have any other psionic equals.
yeah its a lil suspect he "accidentally" brings back Proteus.
:beli:

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

the thing about those kind of threads on this board is you really don't have enough folks knowledgeable enough about characters to even really debate them. It would boil down to.... how many legit comic readers we got here anyway? :jbhmm:

But then.... all fiction being fair game would make it hella interesting. Netflix Punisher vs John Wick and the like

but my nerd rage issues can't deal with a bunch of ":gladbron: lol batman wins cause he batman" type posts.
Yeah maybe it's a bad idea.

parallax

Superstar
Daps

I was on neogaf when they had one, and they had current lagann beat galactus because or the fukking "do the impossible" song. I was pissed

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
A fiction battle thread like Darth Vader vs Dr. Doom who would win? We take votes and every week we have a new match?

We've had a few of those before, they're always entertaining. I can't say how much traffic they'd get but let me know when/if you want to do that.

Fred.