Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
'90s DC is solid, for the most part. Yeah, they catered to a few trends here and there, but they stayed they mostly stayed the course and had a lot of good writers on the roster. Much of '90s Marvel does not age well. They were following the artistic style and design trends of the time and having a good writer often seemed like an afterthought.

Nitpick & side note, I really hate Marvel's covers from around '96-'99 or so. They loved throwing as many fonts and logos onto the cover as they could. It just looks so sloppy and is incredibly annoying to me. :russ:

3835_20170117063942_large.jpg
19132_20060503204904_large.jpg
14896_20061015140208_large.jpg
Yeah I really wasn't a fan of late 90s Marvel and slowly fell out of comics.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
One thing I will miss about Bendis is that he had sum interesting crossover/events n concepts.

Dark Reign
House Of M
Siege
Skrull Invasion
The Illuminati

Except when it came to the X-men.

Children Of The Atom

His entire run on X-Men

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
did anyone understand Metal Wild Hunt?

Cause that shyt had me confused and annoyed :duims:

They could of dropped that shyt as issue 5 of Metal and just made it a 7 issue arc

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I don't have a clue what was going on in Legion #1:yeshrug:
I stop reading it halfway through.

:snoop: I've read a few of those and didn't even realize that was him. Yeah... this whole Metal thing sucks. I can't believe something like that ever got approved.
He's doing justice league after. It's a major event. Theyre splitting the group up and even teaming with villains to stop a cosmic threat

Tom king sucks at Dialouge and looking back his arcs on batman are so so. Snyder is still better.
I agree. I like mister miracle, but he's just jerkimg off for most of it

I use to think Mark Miller was a good writer but he is just like Frank Miller and appeals to a immature male view of story telling. Now that kick azz is black well he will prob handle race as well as Frank does.
Dont ever compare mark to frank:hhh:

Frank is one of the GOATs. Mark is just someone with good ideas who is awful at everything else

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
OLD MAN HAWKEYE #2 - Probably my favorite comic right now. Love the vibe and the art. I really hiope they dont fukk this up.

DARK NIGHTS METAL #1 - It's ridiculous, but i got really into it. It did a good job of making you feel like there is an ominous thing about to take place. Im going to read the others.