Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
They need to do a Black Panther story where Tchaka takes Killmonger back to Wakanda, and he grows up with Shuri and T'challa and and he becomes a "good" Black Panther and T'challa's right hand. They should flip the dynamic and make T'challa more into the mold of an anti-villain king, and killmonger as a noble hero to contrast with T'challa.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah. Bloodstorm
Blue team been all over the place man.
The time displaced young X-Men.
You gotta read this shyt to really understand whats going on cause i dont think i can fully explain the shyt right. Lol
I've had Blue on my pull list for the whole run. I just got back from my shop and ended up buying way too much and in the midst of all of it, I put this current issue back on the stands and am thinking about taking it off my list for a lot of the reasons you just mentioned lol. Was this issue any better? I thumbed through it and it looked SCATTERED.

I did pick up issue 1 of Damnation and holy shyt breh :ohlawd::myman::salute:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I've had Blue on my pull list for the whole run. I just got back from my shop and ended up buying way too much and in the midst of all of it, I put this current issue back on the stands and am thinking about taking it off my list for a lot of the reasons you just mentioned lol. Was this issue any better? I thumbed through it and it looked SCATTERED.

I did pick up issue 1 of Damnation and holy shyt breh :ohlawd::myman::salute:
Blue is all over the place man.
its funny, it was kinda grounded when they were fukkin with Venom.
:deadmanny:

but people like to dawg out my MARVEL, but theyre droppin heat all over the place!
DamnNation is on some GOAT shyt right now!
Im also surprised at how much i love Totally Awesome Hulk!
that shyt is ill!!

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
Yea, right now they're just getting black female writers who don't give a shyt about the titular character and just want to write about their own self-serving mary sues. That's what pisses me off.

They're biting BP's title and fame ["Black Panther: World of Wakanda"; "Wakanda Forever"; etc] only to sucker people into reading trash fan fiction... which only dilutes the brand because people will start associating it with trash, and then all the good spin off books [like "Rise of the Black Panther"] suffer from it because people become allergic to picking up any further derivatives

I agree World of Wakanda had so much potential to push side characters to the front ,and world build. Wakanda Forever I might skip altogether

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Bought Action Comics #1000 on GP. I haven't been reading Superman stuff but I'm curious about what Bendis will do. My local comic book shop had an event Tuesday night to celebrate it and apparently people bought all the variant covers. When I went this morning to pick up my comics all the variants were sold out except a couple of Sternako covers. I just settled on the standard Jim Lee cover.