Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Superman Special #1 was decent. Felt like throwaways from Action Comics 1000

Challengers of the Unknown #1 was a little better than what we got in the preview. Might drop it if issue 2 doesn't do anything for me

Avengers #2 and No Justice #2 were both dope.
i might be looking at it wrong but when Eson the Searcher (I think that's who it was) got his head ripped off it looked like he had wires sticking out from under heads. I always thought Celestials were flesh and blood beings under that armor.

Batman 47 wrapped up nicely. King's writing can be a little wonky at times but overall it was good. I think King might be better doing a straight humor/satire book. I have a feeling his style would better suit that than what he is doing with Batman and Mister Miracle.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got caught up on Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. This book is amazing. :wow:

Love the 'Four Corpsmen' dynamic. It's something I've really wanted to see more of in the Green Lantern books. And despite the name, the other three Lanterns get equal amounts of focus.

I'll be sad when Robert Venditti's run ends in a few issues.

5OEUsYu.jpg

nbryGFd.jpg
Beautiful. :mjcry:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Superman Special #1 was decent. Felt like throwaways from Action Comics 1000

Challengers of the Unknown #1 was a little better than what we got in the preview. Might drop it if issue 2 doesn't do anything for me

Avengers #2 and No Justice #2 were both dope.
i might be looking at it wrong but when Eson the Searcher (I think that's who it was) got his head ripped off it looked like he had wires sticking out from under heads. I always thought Celestials were flesh and blood beings under that armor.

Batman 47 wrapped up nicely. King's writing can be a little wonky at times but overall it was good. I think King might be better doing a straight humor/satire book. I have a feeling his style would better suit that than what he is doing with Batman and Mister Miracle.

Neil gamien described the celestial as macro machines

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Read Hickman's run with F4

Just read Secret Wars, the recent one. A few of the Battleworld comics.

Reading the lead up comics to the Secret Wars.

What other writers have it like Hickman?