Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Just got through some of my DC backlog and :ooh::huhldup::scust::whoo:

Read Crisis on Infinite Earths, Sinestro Corps War, Infinite Crisis, and Legion of 3 Worlds.

This nikka Superboy Prime :whoo:

The savagery :whoo:

Dude was legit handing out fades to anyone who wanted smoke :picard:

prime-vs-yat.jpg

Yat was feeling the fukk out of himself too. :francis:

3sup4.jpg

:picard::picard::picard:

main-qimg-debf8a035b3ad26fd97ffcdf828513aa
:whoo:

I forgot about Sodam Yat! Did they kill him off or something?

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Marvel jus determined to push Carol to the forefront:

*Leads Alpha Flight

*Basically leads The Ultimates

*Started Civil War 2

*Has an Infinity Stone

*Led a team to stop Amadeus Chon”Hulk”

*Currently leading a team to take War Machine armor from The Punisher

She basically the new Wolverine

naw. people were buying shyt wolverine was in.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Anyone go to comic conventions (not big ones like SDCC and C2E2, but smaller local ones)?

I was thinking about hitting one up today, but I figured I could just spend that money on actual comics. :jbhmm:
Got 2 spots that have 3-4 shows a year (seasonal) that shyt on the bigger cons. Lots of dollar and 50 cent boxes, last show had 25 cent boxes!

Admission is cheap, and they always give away free shyt. These are smaller cons (C level) than the ones below SDCC. One feels like a throwback to an actual comic con, the other is a mix of a throwback with the modern feel.

The b-level cons, which you're talking about, are worth it. Although you'll find the same vendors at different shows. Not bad sometimes because some bring the cheap boxes, and of course you're gonna find stuff you might have missed at another con.

Last edited:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Anyone go to comic conventions (not big ones like SDCC and C2E2, but smaller local ones)?

I was thinking about hitting one up today, but I figured I could just spend that money on actual comics. :jbhmm:
Yep. That's usually how get back issues for cheap. I've almost completed the entire Uncanny X-Men run because of them. A lot of times the comics will be cheap as hell but still in great condition. You can get good comic and other science fiction memorabilia at the conventions too.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Yep. That's usually how get back issues for cheap. I've almost completed the entire Uncanny X-Men run because of them. A lot of times the comics will be cheap as hell but still in great condition. You can get good comic and other science fiction memorabilia at the conventions too.
You hit up the 2 dollar boxes? I stayed away from there for years. Only recently dived in because my list is small now, and I'm trying to finish it. :heh:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
You hit up the 2 dollar boxes? I stayed away from there for years. Only recently dived in because my list is small now, and I'm trying to finish it. :heh:
Hell yeah! :mjgrin: Next convention I'm going to stock up on some more bronze age and 90s stuff. :mjgrin:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Ya remember that weird era whenMarvel had that strange period of Shuri being Black Panther, Spider Man getting mutilated n killed by a villain, Black Panther being Hell Kitchen’s protector, Cable/Rogue/Sabretooth were X-Men and took on a group of Mexican mutants from the future?

This all came back to my memory after digging in old comics in Books A Million.

:russ:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Ya remember that weird era whenMarvel had that strange period of Shuri being Black Panther, Spider Man getting mutilated n killed by a villain, Black Panther being Hell Kitchen’s protector, Cable/Rogue/Sabretooth were X-Men and took on a group of Mexican mutants from the future?

Those were good ass times. That X-Men book was dope as shyt.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Cable/Rogue/Sabretooth were X-Men and took on a group of Mexican mutants from the future?

:ohhh: Mike Carey writing, Bachalo on art. :whew:

I think it was

Rogue as leader
Cable
Cannonball
Sabretooth
Iceman
Mystique
Lady Mastermind
Omega Sentinel

look at that lineup :wow:

and Marvel's "Black Panther: The Most DANGEROUS Man Alive! :troll:"

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Marvel jus determined to push Carol to the forefront:

*Leads Alpha Flight

*Basically leads The Ultimates

*Started Civil War 2

*Has an Infinity Stone

*Led a team to stop Amadeus Chon”Hulk”

*Currently leading a team to take War Machine armor from The Punisher

She basically the new Wolverine

Yo, how come Marvel took the ideas Hickman put in place specifically for T'Challa (planetary/space program called "Alpha Flight") and gave that ish to Carol with the actual Canadian "alpha flight" team as her subordinates? :russ:

And then regulated Panther to being her black best friend in Civil War 2, even tho CA:CW was BP's coronation as a marquee character.

Panther had to gross 1.34 billion before Marvel allowed him to get treated with respect in his own book (Coates) and be a flagship Avenger and not be in the background (Aaron). Cotdamn black man :wow:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:ohhh: Mike Carey writing, Bachalo on art. :whew:

I think it was

Rogue as leader
Cable
Cannonball
Sabretooth
Iceman
Mystique
Lady Mastermind
Omega Sentinel

look at that lineup :wow:

and Marvel's "Black Panther: The Most DANGEROUS Man Alive! :troll:"

The irony is that David Liss wrote arguably the best Black Panther in the last 20 years behind Priest, but the atrocious art matched only by the atrocious premise is why the existence of that book is often not acknowledged.