Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought they were gonna do
Roy Harper
since it makes so much sense with where he is at character wise in the current DCU

From the sound of things, they still are, but there were supposed to be multiple victims.

The original rumors said three victims, two suspects (Booster and Harley), one killer.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Should be Jaime with Ted as his mentor along with Booster. :yeshrug:

People gotta stop trying to bring Ted back to the forefront. Not sayin' that's what you're doing, but just in general. Jaime Reyes is the Blue Beetle now. nikkas have had over a decade to get used to that.
Comic heads want what they grew up on. That's why Barry and Hal came back to the forefront, why Superman is back to wearing trunks, devolution of Peter Parker, etc. We want the illusion of change back not actual change. In turn it does turn off younger readers, I think, who grow up reading a certain character only for that character to be suddenly replaced or wearing some throwback costume for no reason.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Comic heads want what they grew up on. That's why Barry and Hal came back to the forefront, why Superman is back to wearing trunks, devolution of Peter Parker, etc. We want the illusion of change back not actual change. In turn it does turn off younger readers, I think, who grow up reading a certain character only for that character to be suddenly replaced or wearing some throwback costume for no reason.
I understand that. Really I do. But people need to be realistic. The Blue Beetle has never been more popular than when Jaime took the mantle and the character was revamped. There's really no reason to put Ted back in the suit from a business standpoint other than appeasing a segment of the fanbase that, keeping it a buck, mostly ain't care about him till he died.

Plus, it's not like they've abandoned him. He's still around and can easily be part of Booster and Beetle's cast without being Beetle.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
And on the low tho, Ben Reilly Scarlett Spider been kinda poppin too.
:okmarvelmelo:

But ill say this tho, if you got kids and you wanna introduce them to the joys of reading comics, or just reading in general, put them on to Moon Girl.
Im pretty much a jackass real life version of Bugs Bunny but I stress reading to my son.
You gotta read man.
That shyts mental exercise.
And Moon Girl is funny as hell.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
And on the low tho, Ben Reilly Scarlett Spider been kinda poppin too.
:okmarvelmelo:

But ill say this tho, if you got kids and you wanna introduce them to the joys of reading comics, or just reading in general, put them on to Moon Girl.
Im pretty much a jackass real life version of Bugs Bunny but I stress reading to my son.
You gotta read man.
That shyts mental exercise.
And Moon Girl is funny as hell.
Facts.

Since I started teaching, I always make sure I have some kids comics on hand for my students. Stuff like Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl, TMNT, DC Superhero Girls, etc do way more to get them into reading than most of the books we try to push on to them.