Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:patrice: I'm trying to unravel this timey wimey fukkery knot that's XMen: Extinction.

Is Young Cable a Cable that comes about if the kids stay? If they go back with current knowledge?

It's weird seeing him have Greymalkin, The Professor AI and Bodyslide tech so young.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not ready to crap on it outright yet but I do wonder why Tom King didn't just stick to offing only D-list characters instead of characters that are going to result in fans losing their shyt.

The theory is Doctor Manhattan will fix everything at the end of Doomsday Clock.

It's still a shytty way to treat Wally either way, and a terrible direction for his story that they spent two years doing nothing with.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
:ohhh: Doomsday Clock was actually pretty sweet! Lotta twists and turns. I guess Rorschach sticking around......

I wish they woulda stuck with the monthly schedule though.

Nothing worse than picking up a book and forgetting what's going on cause it came out months ago.

Also, after 7 issues, it become pretty clear that Doomsday Clock didn't need to be so long. It feels like the last 3 books before today could've been wrapped up in 1 or 1 and a half.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, after 7 issues, it become pretty clear that Doomsday Clock didn't need to be so long. It feels like the last 3 books before today could've been wrapped up in 1 or 1 and a half.

As someone who’s never been super into Watchmen, I’ve enjoyed the earlier chapters. If they didn’t set it up the way they did I wouldn’t be invested in any of the characters, outside those I normally read up on each month. Especially when you talk about rebooting arguable the most iconic character from Watchmen (Rorsasch).

The context has helped this saga stand on its own, imo.

Also, the scope they’re writing at has been pretty fukking dope. Even the little footnotes at the end of each chapter contribute to what you get out of each issue. Ive started to re-read the entire run to-date and it’s fun to catch some of the plot points the second time around.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we're here to keep it funkadelic, Weapon X is probably the best "X" book right now.

That roster is retarded.
:pachaha:

XMen Red and All-New Wolverine/X-23 are the best x-books. Non-debatable. And not a coincidence that Laura + Gabby are in both.

Extermination has been hardbody so far too though. Rogue and Gambit/Mr and Mrs X has been good too.

The rest of the line has been trash. So glad they’re getting rid of the time travel team, shutting down Gold and Blue and bringing back Uncanny. The nostalgia wave they tried to ride did not work out.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t think I have any interest in the Marvel characters mash. I loved the DC/Marvel ones tho.

My issue is the same as the one I had with Hunt For Wolverine and Road to Spider-Geddon: despite how they’re promoted, they’re completely unneeded and don’t move the story forward at all.

Marvel is on some Naruto-filler shyt the way they drag out events with smoke and mirrors to turn a profit.