Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Freedom Fighters #1 was cool and has me really hyped for the rest of the 12 issue series. I love that they are taking it back to the alternate Earth X stuff and basically doing a take on The Man in The High Castle.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
In Uncanny even any good?

It's on my pull list, but I've had no time to read any of it yet.

I have no clue the point of it, other than an attempt to pull Armor out of limbo. But that makes no sense, since she had a couple of years on a main team with the A-List.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Banshee looks like he’s still dead and they dug up his corpse weekend at Bernie’s style
he might be. He was pretty much acting like a corpse in Havok's X-Men book.

He was killed by Vulcan some years ago. Apocalypse resurrected him with the Apocalypse Twins story arc in Uncanny Avengers. So, in Havok's book, Beast said that he's been tampering with him, I guess trying to get him back to normal.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I lurked the CBR X-Men board the other day and it seems like most of them hated X-Men Red and are mixed/lukewarm about Uncanny

I flipped through some pages of Uncanny and i think they got a bigger cast than the writer knows what to do with. Mind you i'm not really an x-men reader but they got a large cast with some interesting ones, yet there's not much for a lot of them to do.

Not to beat a deadhorse from yesteryear, but it again makes me appreciate those writers like hickman who can more/or less balance out a large ensemble with various subplots

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
He was killed by Vulcan some years ago. Apocalypse resurrected him with the Apocalypse Twins story arc in Uncanny Avengers. So, in Havok's book, Beast said that he's been tampering with him, I guess trying to get him back to normal.

I guess the Howlett Family Healing Factor>ALL, cause Daken is chillin'. Grim Reaper, they just do whatever with him (if I had my way, he would've gotten the push The Hood did when Kingpin was MIA), Sentry.... Sentry should have been Cosmic Apocalypse, frfr. Marvel dropped the ball with that, IMO

idk but i definitely get some hellsing and netflix castlevania vibes from the art

:ohhh: Maybe that's what I'm seeing. Millennium from Hellsing.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Speaking of ripoffs.....

:francis: tell me how Bendis is basically rehashing Hickman's ideas from Secret Warriors (a shadow organization named Leviathan killing off other shadow/spy organizations) in Action Comics?

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm behind on Action Comics, but I want to say Bendis' Superman run is not bad at all.

Yes, Rogol Zaar sucks, and Man of Steel was not the best first impression, but he really gets Superman's voice and identity. I loved the flashback he had with Jonathan, as well as his vision of his parents when he was deciding whether he should kill Rogol Zaar.

The only issues I have with it are, in issue five, Zod has a vision of a New Krypton on the planet Jakuul, with his family, Kal-El's, and the people of Kandor
who he doesn't know have been destroyed
and he says something to the effect of, "We will bask in the glory of its yellow sun." Jakuul is actually near two yellow suns, which is why Zod was so powerful and he and his family were so easily able to stomp the shyt out of the Green Lantern Corps. Also, the reveal that
S.T.A.R. Labs was behind Earth being trapped in the Phantom Zone
while it did have a legit laugh out loud moment, seems like it should be a much bigger deal, and it seems like it's gonna be glossed over.

And I've been saying for months, we're going to get some sort of Kryptonian/Lantern conflict, and the current arcs of Supergirl and Morrison's Green Lantern seem to be setting that up.[/spoiler]