Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is Uncanny really that bad? I'm like four issues behind.

It wasn't great what I read, but it wasn't terrible either.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
The Initiative/Dark Reign/Heroic Age was GREAT times in Marvel. Taskmaster as an instructor/good guy was great n hilarious. I hate that Marvel has put him back in the basic villain role. He had great character development in The Initiative days.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
We've talked about it before but Uncanny's problem (imo) is too many characters to give proper attention to and stakes that escalate too quickly without feeling earned, + meh art.

Aaron had a similar problem in the first arc of Avengers, but you see how much more enjoyable the book became once we got past that celestial "end of the world" extended 3rd act of a movie shyt and started slow-building all the various teams and factions.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm sure it's some kinda swerve but if not....:mjlol:

Bendis was so sure he had a bullet proof way to keep that Luke x Jessica ish forever, only for Marvel to hit him with the
mark-henry-finger.gif

If it ain't Reed and Sue, marvel got an expiration date on all your ship pairings like
giphy.gif

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Justice League Dark upping the ante, trying to creep it's way into my monthly must reads :picard:

Justice League Dark is great.

James Tynion does not get enough credit. I loved his Detective Comics run and as co-plotter on the main JL book he's written some of the best issues so far.

Last edited: