Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MikeBarnes

aka thejackroller, Jack Brannigan, Jack Birdbath
Daps

These types of comics really takes me back. I would see the covers but never got my hand on them since I was a kid.
I gotta check out that Gangsta Rap Posse comic :dead:
I've been trying to catch up on them talking about the Wizard issues. I started with issue 10 as a kid and in I'm only up to issue 6 on the podcast. I'm a fan of both of them and it's great to hear them talk about this period.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been trying to catch up on them talking about the Wizard issues. I started with issue 10 as a kid and in I'm only up to issue 6 on the podcast. I'm a fan of both of them and it's great to hear them talk about this period.
My first issue of Wizard was 32 and I got it solely because of the Spawn and Batman cover. Can't wait for them to cover it and get hit with a wave nostalgia :ahh:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas need to stop sleeping on Justice League Odyssey.

All three Justice League books are :fire:, but this is the one nobody talks about. Justice League and Justice League Dark took a couple of readings for me to really get into, but Odyssey was the one that hooked me from the start.

And with Abnett taking over it should only get better. He's exactly the kind of person to help build the cosmic side of the DCU.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

All three Justice League books are :fire:, but this is the one nobody talks about. Justice League and Justice League Dark took a couple of readings for me to really get into, but Odyssey was the one that hooked me from the start.

And with Abnett taking over it should only get better. He's exactly the kind of person to help build the cosmic side of the DCU.

JLO is the only ongoing I read because I'm a Darkseid stan. It's cool, so far.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I am looking forward to the book expanding to feature more of the DC cosmic stuff.
And this is one of my favorite depictions of Darkseid.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
EJRDFdS.jpg

2qUIWs4.jpg

:mjlol:

5RLJk3X.jpg

:deadmanny:

5Y9VjPs.jpg

obC3UEF.jpg

I7gdlCR.jpg

this was a great lil series. mad entertaining!
:obama:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
any of yall fukk comicbook brehs fukked with image comics? Some videos about Invicible, Thragg, Battle-Beast, etc...popped up on my YT feed. This shyt seems kind of dope. These Viltrumites seem like some beasts. Especially Thragg and Conquest.

lEP4FLX.jpg
42653941a155f13bc1784be0443a9fa6.jpg

Definitely recommend. Conquest was an absolute monster :banderas:

YOGEBEAR09

RAM Gang. Horns up
Daps
Reppin
Knickstape and dem Rams
Well, look for your nearest comic book shop then. :dwillhuh:

For digital, there’s comic book websites that sell issues. I think the big 2 have apps out. I’m not a digital guy, so that’s all I can say.
I was just wondering if it's better to buy actual books online like from Amazon or etc. or going to the actual comic book stores

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I was just wondering if it's better to buy actual books online like from Amazon or etc. or going to the actual comic book stores

Ah, I see. I always prefer a trade. Start off with those. Trades collect issues. If you become a bigger fan you can always hit up a shop or online for single issues.

The majority of comic book stores price trades/HC at regular price, so stick with Amazon.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
probably tpbs.
single floppies were cool as a kid when they were cheaper and everyone had a "collector's" mindset, but these days i ain't tryna have a buncha single mags laying around or stuffed in boxes/closets/basements