Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
:heh: Avengers whole book is a fool. Ain't no way in the world you can predict where this shyt is going at any given time. :whew:

im really curious to see how far theyre gonna take the squadron supreme. that team is pure behind the scenes fukkery at the moment

i wonder what happened to the dr spectrum from sun gods universe

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
im really curious to see how far theyre gonna take the squadron supreme. that team is pure behind the scenes fukkery at the moment

:mjgrin: nah how bout
Agent Coulson eating zebra with Mephisto

They ruined her soon as they changed her costume. :francis:[/QUOTE]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
But at the same time, where was Cap during all of the other ish the X-Men went through? Gov't had them registering, Cap didn't care, Gov't sent sentinels, had sentinels monitoring them, Cap didn't care. The cure, gov't experiments, kill squads, Cap didn't care. If he acknowledges what the X-Men (not X-force or any others) stood for, he should've been backing them the entire way. Hell, how many press conferences did they have to give, that he still didn't back them?

Also, the X-Men put plenty of their own on trial. Scott has been "we will trial & judge our own" when he realized nothing was gonna change with them being sent to camps. Scott didn't absolve people for their past crimes until after M-Day, and even then, gov't kept sending folks to annihilate them. Cap would still not let them put Wanda on trial.

Cap is very political. That title is very political, which is what Sam learned the hard way. He didn't back them in public until he formed his own X-Vengers squad, and even then, he booted them from being Avengers. So why should the X-Men trust Cap? It really is mutual.
Keeping it 100 no one outside the X-Men corners of the Marvel U cared because it would have fukked up the idiotic conceit of the X-books that they are feared and hated by society just for being mutants while rock monsters and self-proclaimed gods are treated like heroes and celebrities.
A person in the Marvel U is just as likely to be bitten by a cosmic irradiated gerbil and gain super-powers as they are to be born a mutant so keeping up the angle of mutants being marginalized members of society has been weak as fukk from a shared universe storytelling standpoint since the 1970s.

Also Cap probably hates Cyclops because he is a c*nt. Cyclops has always been a c*nt. He used to be a boring by the rules c*nt but now he has morphed into a an edgy emo c*nt.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Heroes is Crisis is probably one of the worst comics I have ever read.

This last issue made me legit angry reading it. :trash:
I was giving the book the benefit of the doubt because I usually like Tom King's work but the previous 7 issues were problematic to say the least and this past week's issue was just a dumpster fire of navel gazing, too cool for the room, bullshyt storytelling.
And then the way Kin was running around on Twitter all Wednesday trying to act like anyone who criticized it was full of shyt just made it even worse.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I honestly think DC pushed Tom Kong to be an star writer too fast

He was getting hot off Omega Men then more so with Vision then they pushed him to the big books where his style doesn't work
I actually enjoy his run on Batman. It is a different take on the book/character.
However, Heroes in Crisis is just terrible and shows not only a disrespect for the characters he is writing but also a deeply problematic understanding of trauma and how people deal with it.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
What the MOTHER F1CK

Yeah, last week was wild on Comic Book Twitter.
I thought Heroes in Crisis #8 was hot garbage and the way King was bristling at any criticism of it was not a good look but the dudes threatening violence against King because he "ruined Wally West" is a bit too far.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I totally blanked on what happened to the last Squadron Supreme made up of different Squadron members from different realities that got destroyed in the Secret Wars event?
None of them seem like the type to just sit back and allow a new team to co-opt their names like this.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I totally blanked on what happened to the last Squadron Supreme made up of different Squadron members from different realities that got destroyed in the Secret Wars event?
None of them seem like the type to just sit back and allow a new team to co-opt their names like this.

nighthawk died in secret empire, and the rest went their own way. people think this may be a team of some new lmds, especially with the way coulson seems to have complete control over them.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I actually enjoy his run on Batman. It is a different take on the book/character.
However, Heroes in Crisis is just terrible and shows not only a disrespect for the characters he is writing but also a deeply problematic understanding of trauma and how people deal with it.
Yeah, this issue was just baffling. Like the shyt was JT Krul having Arsenal holding a dead cat hallucinating in an alley bad.