The Official Corey Holcomb 5150 Show Thread

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
in a good way or bad way?
Neither. Kraig Facts is fukking hialrious, insightful, and entertaining, while 5150 is literally turning into a Corye bytch fest.

Corey needs serious counseling or he's gonna end up killing himself. He's like a 50 year old baby. Dude literally never grew up.

Watches cartoons all day, shyts on every person in his family regularly, openly brags about cheating and scandalous behaviour, beefs will nearly all of his comedian collegees except the known c00ns, Talks all sorts of shyt but will NEVER back it up with action, constantly relieves moments in his high school years when he was probably at his peak.

Its sad. Dude needs to grow up and elevate his mindset. His comedy would drastically improve as well.

Kami

Banned
Daps
This last 5150 show was cool, but certain aspects of the show didn’t sit right with me. Personally, I am a fan of Corey Holcomb and he does drop jewels in his own way, but other times, like this episode, I felt that he should have fell back concerning mental illness, depression, suicide, etc.

I felt that he may not understand the severity of these types of issues that people suffer from. It isn’t just about being weak or bytch made. Some people really suffer from these issues and the doctor, Zo and Kraig tried to break it down to him about it. Those men, even Darlene have some sense of compassion for people who go through dark times.

But, I really believe that some people within our community treat mental illness, depression, etc. like it is a religion. Other than that, he does his shyt and say funny shyt. I just think some subjects he may wanna research on a lil more before speaking on it. I still support him, but respectfully disagree with some of his comments about that topic...
hes the class clown..shows called the 5150.

corey aint there to kick knowledge hes there to say what most won’t

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
hes the class clown..shows called the 5150.

corey aint there to kick knowledge hes there to say what most won’t

Corey does kick some knowledge, but sometimes, he attempts to make jokes @ inappropriate times. Mental illness isn't anything to joke about nor dismiss as some sort of character flaw.

Also, perhaps some of his audience isn't knowledgeable about some of the things Zo or other guests speak about, but everybody that listens to the 5150 isn't dumb.

When the Doc was talking about his friend committing suicide over getting played, I just didn't agree with Corey's response. I know breh is from the projects in Chicago and all. But, I am sure folks from his hood has some sense and compassion.

Other than that, he is a comedian, so I listen to him with that in mind. I just wish that when his guests speak on real issues, that he listens with an open mind and learn something from them.

Other than that, I think he speak on real shyt regarding the entertainment industry and his experiences being on the road touring and some social issues. He still good in my book..

Last edited:

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
Then why when he's talking about killing law enforcement there's no joke attached to it?

Yeah. There’s a difference between jokes and saying shyt like that. I’m not saying he’s wrong on that subject but the issue is, as displayed with SAS and the Sissymayor situations, he will talk a big game and tell others what they need to do or what he would do but then when the opportunity presents itself he does nothing.

You can’t be out here riling people up when your actions have shown you won’t do anything when the time comes.

And Corey is still in my top 3 and very underrated in my opinion. It’s just that this shyt is getting old.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Imo. They didn't give a reason why they left but I think that's why. If you noticed, it got to a point where Genevieve stopped coming and it was just Frank until he left. No man wants to be in an environment where his wife and his race is the butt of the jokes.

Imagine getting ready to go to work knowing your wife is going to be made fun of. Knowing they gon make fun of your race and your appearance....some people can take it on the chin (no pun intended) and some can't.

Black people get made fun and attacked by White Supremacy 24-7/365 and Black people are told to pull yourself up by the bootstraps.

Black people go to work everyday and get harrassed, but Frank and his wife who work 1 day a week for maybe 4 hours can not handle some jokes from a comedian.

Nikka please

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Black people get made fun and attacked by White Supremacy 24-7/365 and Black people are told to pull yourself up by the bootstraps.

Black people go to work everyday and get harrassed, but Frank and his wife who work 1 day a week for maybe 4 hours can not handle some jokes from a comedian.

Nikka please
Okay...name a job where the black person gets made fun of for being black in his face by his employer and I'll agree. Miss me with the blanket statements and the superwoke hyperbole.

Bunchy Carter

Daps
Reppin
Okay...name a job where the black person gets made fun of for being black in his face by his employer and I'll agree. Miss me with the blanket statements and the superwoke hyperbole.

That's easy lol

Factory Worker

Milwaukee Shooting Motive Is Blamed On Alleged Racism At Brewery With History Of Complaints
The gunman has been described as a 51-year-old longtime employee at Molson Coors.
Written By Bruce C.T. Wright
Posted February 27, 2020

Details about the deadly mass shooting at a brewery in Milwaukee have been trickling out in the hours since a former employee killed five people and then died by suicide on Wednesday afternoon. But according to unconfirmed reports, the gunman — a Black man named Anthony Ferrill — waged his shooting rampage because he was subjected to racism in the workplace at the Molson Coors brewery.

Those reports were not immediately verified by law enforcement, but they were prevalent across social media. One of those posts came from an account credited to a Milwaukee businessman who devoted multiple posts on his Facebook page to explain “the reason why our Brother snapped at Miller Coors!”

“The shooter at Millers Coors is reported to suffer racial discrimination and harassment from white co-workers. He recently filed a civil lawsuit against Miller Coors’s racist work environment. The racist white co-workers had hung a hangman noose on his locker. He was rehired after the lawsuit five years ago. The white racist male harassment continue when he returned to work at Miller Coors,” Tony Muhammad wrote without providing evidence of his claims.

“The racist white co-workers this time humiliated the 51-year-old African American male by pasting spade cards on his work locker and making his workday unbearable with white male racist antics.

“The Brother evidently was forced over the edge of sanity to make a violent and act to end Miller Coors workforce racist harassment. Perhaps with this most recent reported incident of workforce white male racism against African American Miller Coors in the City of Milwaukee will make fair and equal employment for all a matter of private and public policy… Miller Coors has a long history of tolerating its white brewery worker racist behavior and acts against Black brewery workers.”

Muhammad’s claims were complemented by similar ones across social media.

A racial discrimination lawsuit against Miller Brewing Company and its parent, MillerCoors LLC was dismissed in 2013 after Syed Alam, a software developer, sued. A previous employment discrimination lawsuit filed by Alam against Miller was settled in 2006, which is apparently why the later racial discrimination case was tossed, according to the State Bar of Wisconsin.

Those lawsuits came after three former employees of Miller Brewing Co. sued in 1994 for claims of employees being “subjected to racist name-calling and harassment” at a plant in New York, the Associated Press reported. At the time, it was “the third legal action against the Milwaukee-based brewer by black employees at the Fulton plant who say they faced discrimination.”

That lawsuit said “black employees were subjected to a variety of forms of racial harassment, including hearing racial slurs directed at them over a paging system and being exposed to a variety of racial epithets in plant graffiti” and that “the company took too long to start using a graffiti-resistant paint and to limit access to the plant’s public address system to prevent harassment.”

Molson Coors is the parent company for a number of beers including Miller Lite, Coors Lite and Molson Canadian.

via: Milwaukee Shooting Motive Is Blamed On Alleged Racism At Brewery With History Of Complaints

Black Tesla factory workers describe racism and discrimination, NYT reports
Elon Musk was involved in at least two separate instances

By Makena Kelly@kellymakena Nov 30, 2018, 1:40pm ESTShare this on Facebook

acastro_180430_1777_tesla_0001.0.jpg
Illustration by Alex Castro / The Verge

Over two dozen current and former black Tesla employees are describing racial discrimination in a New York Times investigation today that looks into the company’s Fremont factory.

The complaints range from being barred from promotions, forced to scrub the factory floors, and allege that supervisors have directed racial slurs at employees. The allegations come from a variety of interviews, internal communications, and legal statements acquired by The New York Times. Tesla disagrees that the factory is a harbor for racial discrimination, and says that there isn’t “a pattern of discrimination and harassment,” at the Fremont factory.

“Tesla opposes all forms of discrimination, harassment, and unfair treatment, and we strive to provide a respectful work environment for all employees and do our best to prevent bad conduct,” the company said in a statement to The Verge.

Last year, three former Tesla employees filed a lawsuit claiming that they were frequently subjected to racial slurs and drawings from both their supervisors and co-workers on the floor. At the time, a spokesperson for Tesla said that none of the individuals ever brought up these claims with their superiors. One plaintiff, Demetric Diaz, disagreed with the company’s response, saying that he brought up the use of discriminatory language with his supervisor, but no action was ever taken.

Elon Musk was aware of at least two different instances of discrimination at the factory. In the original lawsuit, according to The New York Times, Musk issued a company-wide email asking staff to not act like “huge jerks.” He also said, “if someone is a jerk to you, but sincerely apologizes, it is important to be thick-skinned and accept that apology.”

Another instance in the Times’ investigation involved a former black employee named DeWitt Lambert who worked as a production associate at Tesla. Co-workers repeatedly mocked his Southern accent and used racial slurs around him. He moved stations to get away from his taunters, but they followed him around the factory, the Times reported. Lambert had sent video evidence of the harassment to his supervisors, and filed a legal complaint against Tesla for not taking action. Tesla offered to settle for $100,000, but Lambert declined in order to pursue further litigation. Tesla’s general counsel, Todd Maron, said that Elon Musk was apologetic for not escalating the matter sooner, according to the Times.

Tesla told us that throughout the reporting process, it cooperated with the Times to provide “clear, factual explanations” into the allegations. Tesla says that bad behavior is bound to occur “in a company the size of a small city,” and that the company’s rate of complaints is on par with any other company of a similar size.

“What matters most at Tesla is our clear opposition to all forms of discrimination, harassment, and unfair treatment,” the company said in its statement. “When we are notified that someone isn’t living up to these standards, we address it immediately, as should be expected of any good company.”

Via: Black Tesla factory workers describe racism and discrimination, NYT reports

Inside the GM plant where nooses and 'whites-only' signs hung
By Mallory Simon and Sara Sidner, CNN

Updated 8:30 PM ET, Thu January 17, 2019

This story addresses hate speech and contains offensive language that may upset some readers. The N-word is spelled out several times in this story to detail the hostile work environment alleged in a lawsuit against GM.

Toledo, Ohio (CNN)It took 14 months for the noose to show up.

Fourteen months where Marcus Boyd says he endured racist comments, slights, even threats in a hostile workplace run by General Motors.
A workplace where people declared bathrooms were for "whites only," where black supervisors were denounced as "boy" and ignored by their subordinates, where black employees were called "monkey," or told to "go back to Africa."
A workplace where black employees were warned a white colleague's "daddy" was in the Ku Klux Klan. Where white workers wore shirts with Nazi symbols underneath their coveralls.
In Ohio.
In 2018.

All those allegations are detailed in a lawsuit filed against GM in which eight workers say managers at the Toledo Powertrain plant did little or nothing to stop racism.
For Boyd, it began on his first day. He said he could feel the glare from white team members as if they were saying, "Who's he to be in charge of them?"
All the other supervisors, who were white, received training before their jobs, Boyd said. Boyd, an experienced supervisor albeit in a different industry, was given a clipboard and told to start.
But if he wondered if he was making too much of that, the situation crystallized when some of his juniors ignored him, refused to follow his directions and called him the N-word, though he could never see exactly who said it.
When he reported the insubordination to upper management, he said he was told to deal with it himself, to counsel his workers who'd used the slur.
The message he said he took from his leaders at the plant: Be happy you're here. Deal with it.
190116120752-gm-lawsuit-boyd-super-169.jpg

Marcus Boyd says he heard the N-word used frequently during his time at GM.
But it got harder each day to ignore, he told CNN in an interview.
A white employee Boyd oversaw told him: "Back in the day, you would have been buried with a shovel."

In his role as supervisor, Boyd reported that, too. The worker was taken to a disciplinary hearing with a union official and business leader where he freely admitted what he had said, Boyd recalled. But then Boyd himself was pulled aside and advised to let the matter go if he wanted to get along at the plant, he said. No disciplinary action was taken, Boyd said.
Boyd and other workers of color learned there was a coded language to talk about them, according to the lawsuit. White employees kept calling them "Dan." They thought some people didn't respect them enough to learn their names. But other colleagues told them it was a slur, an acronym for "dumb ass ******."
The N-word was a regular part of life at Toledo Powertrain, where components are made for various Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles, Boyd said. A white woman seen walking with him later found "****** lover" written on her pizza box.
When Boyd and others reported the abuse, their leadership told them to handle it themselves, he said.
Even more violent situations were brushed away. Boyd said he feared for his life when a member of his team, irate about a vacation request, yelled and raised a heavy, metal clutch assembly as if he was going hit him.
Boyd said he reported it. This time the offender was punished by losing one day's salary. "One day!" Boyd repeated, frustrated. For what felt like a direct threat to his life. One swing with that clutch could have been deadly, Boyd said. He said he believes there's a simple reason why.
"You have management people in high places, and union officials in high places, that work together to protect people ... that are white," Boyd said.
'Like being at war'
It got to the point where Boyd began asking God to protect him.

"I used to have to pray. Literally, 'Lord protect me,'" Boyd said.
"It was like being at war," he added.
190116120952-gm-lawsuit-brooks-super-169.jpg

Derrick Brooks found a noose hanging in his area that he believed was directed at him.
He said he and another black supervisor, Derrick Brooks, who was a former Marine, treated their workplace almost like it was a battlefield. When they saw each other or checked in by phone, as they did every day, they would let the other know, "I got your six," the term soldiers use to say they have your back.

GM: Every shift was trained
190116121349-gm-lawsuit-signs-super-169.jpg

A noose that was found hanging in the plant and graffiti marking the bathroom "White's Only."

Via: Inside the GM plant where nooses and 'whites-only' signs intimidated workers - CNN

Last edited:

Kami

Banned
Daps
Corey does kick some knowledge, but sometimes, he attempts to make jokes @ inappropriate times. Mental illness isn't anything to joke about nor dismiss as some sort of character flaw.

Also, perhaps some of his audience isn't knowledgeable about some of the things Zo or other guests speak about, but everybody that listens to the 5150 isn't dumb.

When the Doc was talking about his friend committing suicide over getting played, I just didn't agree with Corey's response. I know breh is from the projects in Chicago and all. But, I am sure folks from his hood has some sense and compassion.

Other than that, he is a comedian, so I listen to him with that in mind. I just wish that when his guests speak on real issues, that he listens with an open mind and learn something from them.

Other than that, I think he speak on real shyt regarding the entertainment industry and his experiences being on the road touring and some social issues. He still good in my book..
yep personal shyt hes seen in the industry is the only time he tries to be informative.

the one thing that did bother me is how he tried to cut the doc off early in the story to get off some corny joke.

he kept wheezing trying to bring up a joke on a previous topic. he always has to command the room but thays who he is

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
That's easy lol

Factory Worker

Milwaukee Shooting Motive Is Blamed On Alleged Racism At Brewery With History Of Complaints
The gunman has been described as a 51-year-old longtime employee at Molson Coors.
Written By Bruce C.T. Wright
Posted February 27, 2020

Details about the deadly mass shooting at a brewery in Milwaukee have been trickling out in the hours since a former employee killed five people and then died by suicide on Wednesday afternoon. But according to unconfirmed reports, the gunman — a Black man named Anthony Ferrill — waged his shooting rampage because he was subjected to racism in the workplace at the Molson Coors brewery.

Those reports were not immediately verified by law enforcement, but they were prevalent across social media. One of those posts came from an account credited to a Milwaukee businessman who devoted multiple posts on his Facebook page to explain “the reason why our Brother snapped at Miller Coors!”

“The shooter at Millers Coors is reported to suffer racial discrimination and harassment from white co-workers. He recently filed a civil lawsuit against Miller Coors’s racist work environment. The racist white co-workers had hung a hangman noose on his locker. He was rehired after the lawsuit five years ago. The white racist male harassment continue when he returned to work at Miller Coors,” Tony Muhammad wrote without providing evidence of his claims.

“The racist white co-workers this time humiliated the 51-year-old African American male by pasting spade cards on his work locker and making his workday unbearable with white male racist antics.

“The Brother evidently was forced over the edge of sanity to make a violent and act to end Miller Coors workforce racist harassment. Perhaps with this most recent reported incident of workforce white male racism against African American Miller Coors in the City of Milwaukee will make fair and equal employment for all a matter of private and public policy… Miller Coors has a long history of tolerating its white brewery worker racist behavior and acts against Black brewery workers.”

Muhammad’s claims were complemented by similar ones across social media.

A racial discrimination lawsuit against Miller Brewing Company and its parent, MillerCoors LLC was dismissed in 2013 after Syed Alam, a software developer, sued. A previous employment discrimination lawsuit filed by Alam against Miller was settled in 2006, which is apparently why the later racial discrimination case was tossed, according to the State Bar of Wisconsin.

Those lawsuits came after three former employees of Miller Brewing Co. sued in 1994 for claims of employees being “subjected to racist name-calling and harassment” at a plant in New York, the Associated Press reported. At the time, it was “the third legal action against the Milwaukee-based brewer by black employees at the Fulton plant who say they faced discrimination.”

That lawsuit said “black employees were subjected to a variety of forms of racial harassment, including hearing racial slurs directed at them over a paging system and being exposed to a variety of racial epithets in plant graffiti” and that “the company took too long to start using a graffiti-resistant paint and to limit access to the plant’s public address system to prevent harassment.”

Molson Coors is the parent company for a number of beers including Miller Lite, Coors Lite and Molson Canadian.

Again, the reports of the brewery gunman being the victim of workplace racism were unconfirmed. With that said, Milwaukee County in April declared racism a public health crisis in the city that the Brookings Institution in 2018 found to be the most segregated in America.

via: Milwaukee Shooting Motive Is Blamed On Alleged Racism At Brewery With History Of Complaints

Black Tesla factory workers describe racism and discrimination, NYT reports
Elon Musk was involved in at least two separate instances

By Makena Kelly@kellymakena Nov 30, 2018, 1:40pm ESTShare this on Facebook

acastro_180430_1777_tesla_0001.0.jpg
Illustration by Alex Castro / The Verge

Over two dozen current and former black Tesla employees are describing racial discrimination in a New York Times investigation today that looks into the company’s Fremont factory.

The complaints range from being barred from promotions, forced to scrub the factory floors, and allege that supervisors have directed racial slurs at employees. The allegations come from a variety of interviews, internal communications, and legal statements acquired by The New York Times. Tesla disagrees that the factory is a harbor for racial discrimination, and says that there isn’t “a pattern of discrimination and harassment,” at the Fremont factory.

“Tesla opposes all forms of discrimination, harassment, and unfair treatment, and we strive to provide a respectful work environment for all employees and do our best to prevent bad conduct,” the company said in a statement to The Verge.

Last year, three former Tesla employees filed a lawsuit claiming that they were frequently subjected to racial slurs and drawings from both their supervisors and co-workers on the floor. At the time, a spokesperson for Tesla said that none of the individuals ever brought up these claims with their superiors. One plaintiff, Demetric Diaz, disagreed with the company’s response, saying that he brought up the use of discriminatory language with his supervisor, but no action was ever taken.

Elon Musk was aware of at least two different instances of discrimination at the factory. In the original lawsuit, according to The New York Times, Musk issued a company-wide email asking staff to not act like “huge jerks.” He also said, “if someone is a jerk to you, but sincerely apologizes, it is important to be thick-skinned and accept that apology.”

Another instance in the Times’ investigation involved a former black employee named DeWitt Lambert who worked as a production associate at Tesla. Co-workers repeatedly mocked his Southern accent and used racial slurs around him. He moved stations to get away from his taunters, but they followed him around the factory, the Times reported. Lambert had sent video evidence of the harassment to his supervisors, and filed a legal complaint against Tesla for not taking action. Tesla offered to settle for $100,000, but Lambert declined in order to pursue further litigation. Tesla’s general counsel, Todd Maron, said that Elon Musk was apologetic for not escalating the matter sooner, according to the Times.

Tesla told us that throughout the reporting process, it cooperated with the Times to provide “clear, factual explanations” into the allegations. Tesla says that bad behavior is bound to occur “in a company the size of a small city,” and that the company’s rate of complaints is on par with any other company of a similar size.

“What matters most at Tesla is our clear opposition to all forms of discrimination, harassment, and unfair treatment,” the company said in its statement. “When we are notified that someone isn’t living up to these standards, we address it immediately, as should be expected of any good company.”

Via: Black Tesla factory workers describe racism and discrimination, NYT reports

If the behavior was deemed acceptable there wouldn't have been any reports filed :coffee: the point is it's unacceptable for any race to do it at a workplace. Right is right and wrong is wrong regardless if it's your race perpetuating the shyt or not.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
yep personal shyt hes seen in the industry is the only time he tries to be informative.

the one thing that did bother me is how he tried to cut the doc off early in the story to get off some corny joke.

he kept wheezing trying to bring up a joke on a previous topic. he always has to command the room but thays who he is

I guess the moral of the story is that he isn't always funny. But, he has an unique comedic style and he does keep it a buck most times.

Bunchy Carter

Daps
Reppin
If the behavior was deemed acceptable there wouldn't have been any reports filed :coffee: the point is it's unacceptable for any race to do it at a workplace. Right is right and wrong is wrong regardless if it's your race perpetuating the shyt or not.

Black people do not have a history of attacking other races at the work place. Black people can not be racist: