Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - Manchester United Save Football - FA Cup Winners 2023/24

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Good result. We started the game off strong but we need to convert the dominance into goals so we can kill off games early. The second half further highlighted that we need midfield reinforcements because Palace overran us for the majority of the time.

Credit to Ben White too. He was being targeted that whole second half and other than a couple shaky moments, he was able to handle Zaha pretty well. It’s early doors but Saliba looks like the real deal. He was steady and measured when going to ground.
I think we did a good job of helping on Zaha in some cases.

But man, I prefer Xhaka higher up so his mistakes aren't giving up goals, but if I have to watch him look at a forward pass to Jesus into space, only for him to pass the ball sideways for another whole season, I'm going to puke. Like make the fukking pass bro!

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I think we did a good job of helping on Zaha in some cases.

But man, I prefer Xhaka higher up so his mistakes aren't giving up goals, but if I have to watch him look at a forward pass to Jesus into space, only for him to pass the ball sideways for another whole season, I'm going to puke. Like make the fukking pass bro!

Xhaka’s too slow for games like this where the opposition is gonna press high up the pitch. You could see the lack of composure he had in that second half because he had people running at him every time he got the ball.

As much as I have doubts about Tielemans’ physicality, he’s good on the half turn is able to get out of the press and pick a pass. If we can get him and possibly another CM to cover Partey, I’ll be really optimistic this season.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Only 6 months :leon:
Hudson-Odoi came back after 5-6 months from his achilles but took a long time to get back up to speed.

Spinazzola was expected to come back in January after Euros but ended getting pushed back to the end of the season. And I think he's better off for it because he looks back to his normal self this pre-season.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Top of the league:ahh::blessed::blessed:

kevin-garnett.gif

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)

:mjpls:

SN: Best forum on the Coli byke!!! This thread hits different when the Prem and major Euro leagues back.

Also, free my Naija brother @Roberto Firmino :mjcry:

The two Blackest clubs (Arsenal & Crystal Palace plus Crystal Palace is in South London which is even more convenient lol) in the prem (one with a Black manager in Patrick Viera) funny enough during that All or Nothing doc Thierry Henry mentioned how Arsenal was the first club to actually have a wave of Black players and the invincible and squads of the early 2000s reflect that (Lauren Kanu Viera Glichy Wiltord Henry Cole Campbell Toure Silva).

Gallagher was probably another white dude who could make it automatically to the starting 11 but he is back at his home club Chelsea lol

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Good result. We started the game off strong but we need to convert the dominance into goals so we can kill off games early. The second half further highlighted that we need midfield reinforcements because Palace overran us for the majority of the time.

Credit to Ben White too. He was being targeted that whole second half and other than a couple shaky moments, he was able to handle Zaha pretty well. It’s early doors but Saliba looks like the real deal. He was steady and measured when going to ground.

Odegaard needs to be a bit more selfish, that's the one thing I wish he'd have in his bag. But if this is Arsenal on day 1, this is gonna be a scary team. Jesus looked good even if he didn't get a clear shot at goal. But the wings and the back line were something else. Saliba is looking to be the player he's been touted to be. Of course, we'll see if he can do that against the Liverpools & Citys of the world but can't ask for much more of a start.