Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - Manchester United Save Football - FA Cup Winners 2023/24

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

jimmy-butler.gif

FZqzJlAXwAAL3ms

:manny:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

He scored 10 Premier League goals in two seasons. 5 of them against Southampton in 3 games. You take away the Southampton goals and he scored 5 goals in the other 51 league games he featured in.

Countless bozo moments, a disgusting lack of skill, intelligence or general ability besides running. Worst of all, he is one of the biggest bottlers I've ever seen (always avoiding physical contact, often pulling out of challenges that were 80-20 in his favour).

Good riddance.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's my first time watching Gakpo play today and I see him fitting right in the team, looks like poor man's Rashford :francis:
The eye test never fails :wow:

People will laugh at it but a good YouTube video is very revealing.

I watched one 10 min Gakpo vid and I knew he didn't have it. Dime a dozen footballer.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
It's my first time watching Gakpo play today and I see him fitting right in the team, looks like poor man's Rashford :francis:
Seems like a Dutch Rashford who actually looks up once in a while. As long as Elanga doesn't play. :manny:

But at the same time we got Garnacho for that.
It's why I'm side eyeing ETH tbh. He needs to look at France or Spain for players.

That's what happens when you give full control to a manager who's been in the job for two months, and the club he works for's scouting is mediocre.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
The eye test never fails :wow:

People will laugh at it but a good YouTube video is very revealing.

I watched one 10 min Gakpo vid and I knew he didn't have it. Dime a dozen footballer.

Breh, if even your YouTube highlights are selling you out, it’s not a good look :dead:

But the eye test really never fails. There’s a lot you can pick up by watching a full game of a player. Saw Tahith Chong come on during that PSG knockout game and I just knew he wasn’t going to be great

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Breh, if even your YouTube highlights are selling you out, it’s not a good look :dead:

But the eye test really never fails. There’s a lot you can pick up by watching a full game of a player. Saw Tahith Chong come on during that PSG knockout game and I just knew he wasn’t going to be great
Just like Elanga and most of our academy products. Looked promising when he started, but that's because he was usually subbed on for 5 minutes.

But the game against bottom of League 1 Rochdale, where he looked like he was falling down when he tried to dribble, was getting locked up by a 16 year old. and eventually got subbed off in 60 minutes. I was done with that guy.:mjlol: