Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - Manchester United Save Football - FA Cup Winners 2023/24

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
We don't have one out and out winger in the team so we're allowed one tbf. Good option coming off the bench.

Can play the #10 role, albeit not very well, so at least he has a little variety to his game.

Sounds like you've bought an even shytter Ashley Young:obama:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We haven't played a proper '4-4-2' for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages.

It's lazy thinking to think we have.

Rooney plays as the #10 that Scorchy boy is saying we're neglecting.

Much more a 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 than a 4-4-2 tbh...

Oh and if Scholes doesn't play as a 'deep lying playmaker' i don't know who does. Rooney, Nani, Giggs etc aren't 'comfortable in-between the lines'?

Well damn, i dunno wot to say m8s.
Are you really going to act like your whole game isn't about getting it wide and getting balls into the box? :childplease:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
No, but since when is that exclusive to playing 4-4-2?:childplease:

You're stuck to thinking in stereotypes bra.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, but since when is that exclusive to playing 4-4-2?:childplease:

You're stuck to thinking in stereotypes bra.
But the approach to the game is the same no?

Doesn't matter if Rooney starts in a deeper position when the ball more often than not is switched to the wing.

Rooney the footballer has been wasted at Utd tbh. Had he joined a more progressive team he would be up there with the Ronaldo's and Messi's of this world.

That year he won the POTY and scored all the goals he was just a tap-in merchant. No flair, no guile and no genius.

Ohms Law

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#Byrd Gang
Bet you wanted Redknapp for England. :laugh:

433 hasn't been the issue for us, talent has been our problem.

Lets hope your summer signings only get better. Are yall still down with that overhaul shyt.

We haven't played a proper '4-4-2' for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages.

Meant it as our 'general' formation. Before the season started i thought we could just massacre teams with Nani/Rooney/Hernandez/Valencia. Been playing too much football manager.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
We can massacre teams with those players, but we won't win the big matches with them, especially Hernandez.

I've always held this view with Hernandez tbh, it's not some recent moment of clarity.

I like him and he's cool as a squad player, but maybe we should have tried to get 30mil from Real or someone when his hype was at it's peak.

Pains me when i think Berbz is on his way out and the likes of Hernandez and Young continue to feature, even if this feeling of pain does go against my better judgement in terms of style of play/tactics:noah:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lets hope your summer signings only get better. Are yall still down with that overhaul shyt.

We've got a very good base to build on. No massive overhaul, 4 or 5 out max and the same number in. De Bruyne and Marin confirmed already so 2-3 more in.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
We've got a very good base to build on. No massive overhaul, 4 or 5 out max and the same number in. De Bruyne and Marin confirmed already so 2-3 more in.

Chelsea going Aryan :ehh:

Breh your type has been tolerated in the stands because of of all the africans on show, but you best be ready for a backlash:mjpls:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Chelsea going Aryan :ehh:

Breh your type has been tolerated in the stands because of of all the africans on show, but you best be ready for a backlash:mjpls:

I'm more worried about the fact we're losing size and not so much blackness.

Marin, Mata, De Bruyne etc all on the small side.

Linked with Fellaini (who is a top, top player imo) so that would be a good addition to balance things out a little.