Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - Manchester United Save Football - FA Cup Winners 2023/24

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
:whoa: You can keep that soft snitch in France.
I'm sure Wenger can rebuild his confidence. If he puts him in the same role as Cesc used to be, he will rose again (I hope so)... because '09 Gourcuff was seriously beasting.

[ame=http://youtu.be/2rtN5lHCCC8]but magique yohann gourcuff..... - YouTube[/ame]

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:beli:

I'm no PSG fan but everyone knows that 93/97 PSG was a great team.
They reached 3 C1 semis in a row beating Real, Napoli, Barça or Bayern while doing so.
They won the C2 (but always failed at the penultimate stepin the C1) but let's not say they were unknown in the european scene before the Qatar money came.
They had great players like Weah, Raï, Valdo, Ginola, Djorkaeff, Lama, Susic and such. Pretty sure the older heads in OFT can vouch. Hell, it was even Ronaldinho's first european club before he went to Barça.
And PSG supporters BEEN known in Europe (Parc des Princes' atmosphere always been praised even if their supps were also known for hooliganism)

Don't forget the most entertaining player to ever play for the club:

NikeJayJay.jpg

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:beli:

I'm no PSG fan but everyone knows that 93/97 PSG was a great team.
They reached 3 C1 semis in a row beating Real, Napoli, Barça or Bayern while doing so.
They won the C2 (but always failed at the penultimate stepin the C1) but let's not say they were unknown in the european scene before the Qatar money came.
They had great players like Weah, Raï, Valdo, Ginola, Djorkaeff, Lama, Susic and such. Pretty sure the older heads in OFT can vouch. Hell, it was even Ronaldinho's first european club before he went to Barça.
And PSG supporters BEEN known in Europe (Parc des Princes' atmosphere always been praised even if their supps were also known for hooliganism)

PSG have been a sleeping giant for a long time, there is no denying it. The potential of that club is massive.

When you think PSG are the only major club in Paris, they basically have a whole City to themselves!

I know London is bigger, but when you consider that you have Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs predominately but also West Ham who have great support, Fullham, Crystal Palace all in the PM ..... thats divided up somewhat.

Same in Manchester and Liverpool, 2 huge clubs share once city.

It was only a matter of time before PSG erupted on the European scene. It's a shame that a rich billionaire is the trigger, but unfortunately due to the standard of the league and finance in France (no disrespect, some great teams and players there), compared to England, Spain and Germany I'm not sure any other way would be possible.

I think Parc Des Princes holds about 50,000. I dont know the size of their support, but i would think having a City to themselves they could fill 80,000 week in, week out. They should build a bigger stadium or extend and secure their long term stability and dominance as a club.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
PSG have been a sleeping giant for a long time, there is no denying it. The potential of that club is massive.

When you think PSG are the only major club in Paris, they basically have a whole City to themselves!

I know London is bigger, but when you consider that you have Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs predominately but also West Ham who have great support, Fullham, Crystal Palace all in the PM ..... thats divided up somewhat.

Same in Manchester and Liverpool, 2 huge clubs share once city.

It was only a matter of time before PSG erupted on the European scene. It's a shame that a rich billionaire is the trigger, but unfortunately due to the standard of the league and finance in France (no disrespect, some great teams and players there), compared to England, Spain and Germany I'm not sure any other way would be possible.

I think Parc Des Princes holds about 50,000. I dont know the size of their support, but i would think having a City to themselves they could fill 80,000 week in, week out. They should build a bigger stadium or extend and secure their long term stability and dominance as a club.
It's not the same in France definitely :
From an architectural point, it would be quasi impossible to destroy and rebuild the Parc des Princes. The urban/architectural laws France have are extremely restrictive, above all in areas like Paris where historical buildings are highly protected. The urban tissue is quite dense and the inhabitants hate change with a passion (look how Roland Garros stadium have difficulties to increase its size). It's a fact, the french (well I could say the parisian but it's a shared trait in the whole country IMO) love their city and don't want drastic changes.
But even with 50,000, the Parc was always known as a great crowd. For the '16 Eurocup, I think there will be some building works (?) to increase the size but this is just make-up.

Finances in Spain are worse than ours but they have 2 huge clubs that have a worldwide shine and football legitimacy. Monaco and PSG could be France's Real and Barça (Lyon should have been but there but they never passed that glass ceiling). They have legitimacy (it's little but still) and they now have money. Let's see if these two could increase L1 popularity and gain trophies in the next few years to really be a Top 5 league (among Spain, England, Germany and Italy) because honestly, these days, we are the 6th nation behind Portugal.

About Paris and the number of clubs, you should read this : Un "second club" à Paris est-il possible? - Les Cahiers du football (in french unfortunately, but maybe Google Translate can help.

Anyway, look at the images to understand :
carto-secondclub-paris-big2.jpg

There are 7 "parisian" (it includes Ile-de-France clubs, which is the parisian region, from a strictly parisian point, there only is 3 : PSG, Paris-FC and Red Star) football clubs : 1 in L1, 3 in 3rd division, 1 in 4th and the 2 last in 5th.

carto-secondclub-paris-capitales.gif

Paris compared to London, Moscow and Berlin...

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That is kind of predictable response i respect from a johnny come lately like you. You sound about 12.

Im not talking about Monaco the place you prat, im talking about your suspect reasons for supporting them.

But since you wanna talk about my club and the fact i am a soft as shyte fan, lets talk about yours. Your highest attendance last season was 6,100. Add another 0 to that and then you can talk about our fans.

Monaco is a fantastic place, but people dont give a f*ck about the team. Props to the true fans tho, but its little f*ckle fans like you who jump on the bandwagon because they signed Falco:snoop:

You dont give a f*ck about Monaco, i pulled your hoe card from your very first post to me. From the content of your posts, it sounds like you know f*ck all about football.

Just stop it you bandwagon f*ck, it's embarrassing.

You wanna see me, im at every Arsenal home game f*ckboy. But lets not pretend your about that life over the internet

f*ck outta here

:lolz:

BBC trolling for hits now. :heh:

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not the same in France definitely :
From an architectural point, it would be quasi impossible to destroy and rebuild the Parc des Princes. The urban/architectural laws France have are extremely restrictive, above all in areas like Paris where historical buildings are highly protected. The urban tissue is quite dense and the inhabitants hate change with a passion (look how Roland Garros stadium have difficulties to increase its size). It's a fact, the french (well I could say the parisian but it's a shared trait in the whole country IMO) love their city and don't want drastic changes.
But even with 50,000, the Parc was always known as a great crowd. For the '16 Eurocup, I think there will be some building works (?) to increase the size but this is just make-up.

Finances in Spain are worse than ours but they have 2 huge clubs that have a worldwide shine and football legitimacy. Monaco and PSG could be France's Real and Barça (Lyon should have been but there but they never passed that glass ceiling). They have legitimacy (it's little but still) and they now have money. Let's see if these two could increase L1 popularity and gain trophies in the next few years to really be a Top 5 league (among Spain, England, Germany and Italy) because honestly, these days, we are the 6th nation behind Portugal.

About Paris and the number of clubs, you should read this : Un "second club" à Paris est-il possible? - Les Cahiers du football (in french unfortunately, but maybe Google Translate can help.

Anyway, look at the images to understand :
carto-secondclub-paris-big2.jpg

There are 7 "parisian" (it includes Ile-de-France clubs, which is the parisian region, from a strictly parisian point, there only is 3 : PSG, Paris-FC and Red Star) football clubs : 1 in L1, 3 in 3rd division, 1 in 4th and the 2 last in 5th.

carto-secondclub-paris-capitales.gif

Paris compared to London, Moscow and Berlin...

That was a good read.

Do you know if the stadium was designed whereby a decent size extension could be built? Perhaps from what you have said, not all would welcome such a change though.

The reason i mention this is not the actual support, as although i've not experienced it in person (Emirates Cup aside lol), i've watched many a PSG game on TV and the support sounds great. Its more about the club being in a position where if the man with deep pockets leaves the club, PSG will be able to establish/remain as one of the top European clubs through self sustainability.

Your gonna get a load more money through sponsorship deals, shirt sales and the like due to your current situation but match day revenue is also a huge factor.

Mind you, hopefully it will be the capacity rather than steep hikes in price for a ticket that increase match day revenue! This is from an Arsenal fan literally paying through the roof to support my team, the greedy b*stards lol

I think the inject of cash and therefore top tier players into ASM and PSG will certainly raise the quality, profile and popularity of L1. You have a lot of casual supporters tuning in now just to see PSG (and now ASM too).

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Why do people keep bringing up the fact that PSG are billionaire backed, like they haven't been sugar daddy/corporately backed since the early 90s?

Sleeping giant pfft

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
That was a good read.

Do you know if the stadium was designed whereby a decent size extension could be built? Perhaps from what you have said, not all would welcome such a change though.

The reason i mention this is not the actual support, as although i've not experienced it in person (Emirates Cup aside lol), i've watched many a PSG game on TV and the support sounds great. Its more about the club being in a position where if the man with deep pockets leaves the club, PSG will be able to establish/remain as one of the top European clubs through self sustainability.

Your gonna get a load more money through sponsorship deals, shirt sales and the like due to your current situation but match day revenue is also a huge factor.

Mind you, hopefully it will be the capacity rather than steep hikes in price for a ticket that increase match day revenue! This is from an Arsenal fan literally paying through the roof to support my team, the greedy b*stards lol

I think the inject of cash and therefore top tier players into ASM and PSG will certainly raise the quality, profile and popularity of L1. You have a lot of casual supporters tuning in now just to see PSG (and now ASM too).
http://goo.gl/maps/98UGA

As you can see, just above theire is the Jean Boin stadium which is home of the Stade Français rugby team (which was just extended this year) and Jean Boin tennis courts. A little above you have Roland Garros stadium and the Auteuil Greenhouses which are protected (and are problematic for Roland Garros extension). You also have the Périphérique (ring road ?) which passes below the stadium a little on the right.
And everywhere, you have residential tissue, with many Haussmanian buildings. Even Qatar money won't destroy that (I hope so at least :sadcam:)

But for the future, we should wait for Platini's financial fair-play to see how it works with PSG, Monaco, City and all those billionaire-backed clubs.
I can't tell you how it will be but the only thing for sure is that Qatar is here to stay. The owner is a PSG fan since his teen days and he grew up in Paris from what I read. Plus the Qatari's Kingdom's making plenty of investments in Paris and in France in general buying all type of assets and such. It's kinda scary :euh:

Why do people keep bringing up the fact that PSG are billionaire backed, like they haven't been sugar daddy/corporately backed since the early 90s?

Sleeping giant pfft
True.
Canal + made huge investements in the early 90s and brought the likes of Weah, Rai and such to the club. It was at the same time that Bernard Tapie's investments in Marseille came to success with the club winning the C1 (we know how :mjpls:) and the OM / PSG rivalry began (artificially built by the media to increase the L1's popularity (named D1 at the time)).