Essential The Official Hair Thread

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
I want my hair like this. Do I just have to grow it out and not put anything in it?
4-donald-glover.jpg
Youtube the Nudred sponge and you'll have your hair like that in about 5 min if u buy it.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Youtube the Nudred sponge and you'll have your hair like that in about 5 min if u buy it.

Gambino rocks that shyt right but I dunno if I'd even consider it, real talk. I just decided to keep growing my hair out since I've been growing it for a year already. Got a nice lil fro poppin off and I just used the pick on it for the first time, which was "interesting" because you get to see where the length of your hair is really at. I wont consider braids at this point because I just wear it out as a curly fro (unpicked) and tease it with my fingers after I put some product in it so that it comes "alive" and isn't brittle or anything. I sorta miss having a short haircut but I realize that I want long hair forever or as long as I can tolerate it.

Now that I have the $$$ to buy the right shyt to put in it, I'm cool with keeping the length and growth

Captain

Save a thought
Daps
Reppin
Ethiopia
Late night cut, haven't had a proper taper in a minute.... it's gon be a good week :blessed:

excuse the dirty mirror

20140427_225320-1.jpg

Last edited:

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Gambino rocks that shyt right but I dunno if I'd even consider it, real talk. I just decided to keep growing my hair out since I've been growing it for a year already. Got a nice lil fro poppin off and I just used the pick on it for the first time, which was "interesting" because you get to see where the length of your hair is really at. I wont consider braids at this point because I just wear it out as a curly fro (unpicked) and tease it with my fingers after I put some product in it so that it comes "alive" and isn't brittle or anything. I sorta miss having a short haircut but I realize that I want long hair forever or as long as I can tolerate it.

Now that I have the $$$ to buy the right shyt to put in it, I'm cool with keeping the length and growth
So is your hair some-what similar to Gambinos?
I'm growing it out and I kinda want a fro/dread thing going on.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
So is your hair some-what similar to Gambinos?
I'm growing it out and I kinda want a fro/dread thing going on.

I got a straight up fro. A solid year's worth of growth. I don't wanna do twists to locs because I don't think I can commit to a "long term" style like that. Want something I can be able to comb thru and manage without a ton of hassle. Dreads look great but I don't think I can pull it off. How long have you been growing yours?

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
I got a straight up fro. A solid year's worth of growth. I don't wanna do twists to locs because I don't think I can commit to a "long term" style like that. Want something I can be able to comb thru and manage without a ton of hassle. Dreads look great but I don't think I can pull it off. How long have you been growing yours?
About a month now.
But I kinda like that look Gambino has for his hair.
It looks like he just twist here and there without the commitment you talked about. . I think with a clean line up and beard I can pull it off.
How long you been growing yours?

DaddyTime

All Star
Daps
Man it's a misconception, starting dreads is the most difficult part

Once your hair is locked (about 8-12 months depending on hair texture) you don't do much AT ALL

I literally get my dreads retwisted for 50 bucks every 3 months, don't even wear a durag or nothing to sleep:heh:

Mr Bubbles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I've been getting my hair cut normally for years. I never went through the braid phase, I don't care about the dread phase but this natural hair kick is tempting me. I want curls. I want something like Corbin Bleu used to have. I wanna do something different before my :flabbynsick: days begin.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Thanks man but I found out about the alternative to the Nudred.
I went and got a sponge from Wal-mart and cut nickle-sized holes in them.
shyt works like magic :banderas:
Anybody looking for that natural look while growing their hair should try it.
I've been getting my hair cut normally for years. I never went through the braid phase, I don't care about the dread phase but this natural hair kick is tempting me. I want curls. I want something like Corbin Bleu used to have. I wanna do something different before my :flabbynsick: days begin.
You should try what I said. When it gets long enough you would get that Corbin Bleu look. Peep this video.

KnowledgeDropper

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan
I rock a basic caesar/taper. What's the best pomade product to use to keep hair soft/conditioned? I don't need waves. Stuff like Murray's pomade is too thick. I just want to keep the scalp and hair as conditioned / moisturized as possible.

LimitedEdition

Misanthropy Personified
Daps
Reppin
In the south!
Random update: I really did mess my hair up using that kertain leave in and flat ironing it. You can clearly tell the difference between my natural undamaged hair and the damaged hair. So here I am about 8 months into an unitentional transition yet again. Most people cant tell the difference. But I know *sigh* Its whatever.

Im not gonna chop my hair all off. Its finally geting back to the length I cut it at the last time. I'll just get full waistlength and trim until all the messed up hair is gone. 4 more years of this fukkery *sigh*.