Essential The Official Hair Thread

Marezzy

RIP my Nikka Zooboomafo 🕊️11-20-2014🕊️
Daps
Reppin
Dallas,Tx

That's how I felt when she was done but it turned out great. It's not so loud and I get complimented all the time. As my sister put it a "beautiful mistake" you know like what your parents call you. :smugdraper:

DarkHorse23

Banned
Daps
mae2_zps0cipf4nn.jpg

http://s328.photobucket.com/user/elam713/media/mae2_zps0cipf4nn.jpg.html
Nvm

Last edited:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Anyone use that cutty buddy? Ima learn how to cut my hair, and I saw that shyt

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
What are some basic fade styles i could use for "even all over" cut..turning 25 next week and going to be in a wedding in a couple of weeks.. Want a new style for myself

Govana

Dancehall ah mi everyting
Daps
Damn I wish I found this thread earlier.

I'm on page six and everyone is giving conflicting advice on dandruff treatment. :patrice:What is a proven method for clearing up dandruff? I used to mix acv with my head and shoulders, but I realized that wasn't giving me any real results. Last week I tried Selsun BLue, and It turned out worse than h&s . The dandruff is gone for a day or two, then I can see the flakes build up again. To me it seems like a waste of money.

Also, do you guys have a method for growing back a hairline? I have been hearing good things about rosemary essential oil; supposedly it proves to be just as effective as rogaine. Some people are recommending onion juice (:scust:) or green tea (:childplease:)

What do you guys recommend?

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Damn I wish I found this thread earlier.

I'm on page six and everyone is giving conflicting advice on dandruff treatment. :patrice:What is a proven method for clearing up dandruff? I used to mix acv with my head and shoulders, but I realized that wasn't giving me any real results. Last week I tried Selsun BLue, and It turned out worse than h&s . The dandruff is gone for a day or two, then I can see the flakes build up again. To me it seems like a waste of money.

Also, do you guys have a method for growing back a hairline? I have been hearing good things about rosemary essential oil; supposedly it proves to be just as effective as rogaine. Some people are recommending onion juice (:scust:) or green tea (:childplease:)

What do you guys recommend?

:upsetfavre:

Rub castor oil on your edges or try coochie cream.

DarkHorse23

Banned
Daps
hawkthebarberprodigy_double-hard-part-hairstyle-for-black-men.jpg

7d7edc1546af60fc0b0074a4f3705ab8.jpg

Does a part look better in the front or on the sides, or is it just a personal preference?

rogue_riezo

Les Enfants Terribles
Daps
Decided to grow my hair out for the first time since I was like 12. Tips, tricks and advice?

Avoiding any products apart from shampoo and conditioner, I might throw in some Amla oil and maybe dye it later on.

Govana

Dancehall ah mi everyting
Daps
Decided to grow my hair out for the first time since I was like 12. Tips, tricks and advice?

Avoiding any products apart from shampoo and conditioner, I might throw in some Amla oil and maybe dye it later on.
I'm not an expert, but here's what I would recommend
  • Gallon of water everyday
  • Biotin supplement
You have to take 4 of these to get the same effects as 5000 biotin. Not 4 at a time. But for the day
53712.jpg
  • Avoid shampoos with sulfate
  • Make sure your hair is always Conditioned (Shampooing= Condition right after)(Some days you can co-wash, which is Conditioner alone then wash it out)(I hear 'It's a 10 Miracle Deep Conditioner Plus Keratin' is good, Herbal essence conditioner, or creme of nature intensive conditioning treatment )
  • Make sure hair stays moisturized daily, and Isn't dry (Cantu shea butter coconut curling cream, Or, Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie)
  • Massage Jamaican Black Castor oil to grow edges. ( Your edges will peel back a little when you grow your hair.)(Because instead of laying down to form your edges, their going to be growing up)
  • The more you leave your hair alone, don't comb or brush, is the faster it grows. (Or maybe it just seems that way cause when you don't comb or brush you don't get to keep track of the length, so when you do come it out, it seemed to grow faster.)
  • Rub nails together for 10 minutes, twice a day. (Never rub thumbs unless you want hair on ears)(Takes months of continuous practice to see results)

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

growing my hair out with a temple fade right now and this stuff works wonders, I could still brush my hair and du rag it at this length and it will still wave up with this, defiantly a great product for curly hair.