Essential The Official Hair Thread

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX
For guys with Afros, anyway to avoid it flattening when I go to sleep?

I've tried silk pillowcases but it's still dry & flat when I wake up :sadcam:
nope all you can do is refresh it in the morning

or try to sleep as light as you can on your head, or sleep with your head off the bed.

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Gonna get my hair braided and have them in for at least a month. gotta stretch my hair downwards

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Cutting off the super short wolf, i can't keep going lol. Anyone ever get a low/drop fade with waves?

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
You don't find it too heavy?

Nope. Mind you, I rock a temp fade (a 2 WTG) so Coconut oil is the perfect daily moisturizer for me. Make sure you get 100% Virgin Coconut oil. Some brands will cut Petroleum jelly with Coconut oil to stretch the product. I think it's those diluted brands that give that heavy feel.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Nope. Mind you, I rock a temp fade (a 2 WTG) so Coconut oil is the perfect daily moisturizer for me. Make sure you get 100% Virgin Coconut oil. Some brands will cut Petroleum jelly with Coconut oil to stretch the product. I think it's those diluted brands that give that heavy feel.
Ah I understand, how long you been rocking waves? What do you use to wash? I usually use jojoba oil for my mini fro. I had locs (7 years) but I cut them, I wanna rock a fro and tie it back or some cornrows. I'll lock it in the future again.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Ah I understand, how long you been rocking waves? What do you use to wash? I usually use jojoba oil for my mini fro. I had locs (7 years) but I cut them, I wanna rock a fro and tie it back or some cornrows. I'll lock it in the future again.

Been rocking waves for the past 4-5 months. I've been doing a simple temp for the past 7 years but I only really started trying to deepen the waves since the pandemic started. I always had waves when brushing my hair but never in the more hard to connect areas that require brushing, a durag and an actual routine (sides mainly). I've always had waves on the top and back of my hair though.

For washing the hair, I've been using head and shoulders for the most past. Might look into some other brands as well.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
Just bought some WAHL Grooms man clippers from Walmart. Reviews looking kinda :sadcam:

But, I guess I will find out over time if this is a good investment.

:francis:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Just bought some WAHL Grooms man clippers from Walmart. Reviews looking kinda :sadcam:

But, I guess I will find out over time if this is a good investment.

:francis:
How did they turn out?

What did you buy them for?

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
How did they turn out?

What did you buy them for?
Eh, they were cool, I used them on my beard one time to cut it down then just said fukk it and bought some andis t outliners. I still use them, though, but mainly for Manscaping, now.

:yeshrug: