Essential The Official Hair Thread

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
Any Brehs in here that are growing their hair out?

I put pink lotion on my hair and shampoo once a week, but my hair is dry and itchy most of the time. My hair also hates oil.

I'm trying to put cornrows in my hair and have been growing out for almost a year, but it's still very small.

Any recommendations for conditioners, moisturizers, etc?

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C

I put pink lotion on my hair and shampoo once a week, but my hair is dry and itchy most of the time. My hair also hates oil.

I'm trying to put cornrows in my hair and have been growing out for almost a year, but it's still very small.

Make sure you are drinking enough water, companies always trying to sell products but that is a MAJOR key for hair growth and most people aren't hydrated enough.

Also diet, make sure you are getting enough protein because keratin is derived from it and that assists in hair growth as well as your finger/toe nails.

Pink lotion has drying ingredients so I wouldn’t recommend it. Look for GIOVANNI Smooth As Silk Shampoo and conditioner or just Co-Wash and skip shampoo and wash your hair with the conditioner solo.

The water intake will likely alleviate some dry scalp but you can also use straight jojoba oil or coconut oil depending on where you live. Coconut oil sometimes can flake because it solidifies in colder climates so it'll do that in your hair if it isn't absorbed first.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

GUEST_946f271d-ecfe-491e-b48f-387364bd7667

this stuff here..is excellent

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

Black hair products made by actual black people. Not some Shea Moisture shyt where you don't know who is making it.

Oyin Handmade - Simple Ingredients, Amazing Results

Get the hair dew, whipped pudding and whatever conditioner they have. I use all of this stuff

Also, cut down on the junk food, booze and smoke (if you do that). Your hair hates that stuff.

Once you finally get enough for some braids, leave your hair alone so it can do it's thing. Keep it moisturized.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
Black hair products made by actual black people. Not some Shea Moisture shyt where you don't know who is making it.

Oyin Handmade - Simple Ingredients, Amazing Results

Get the hair dew, whipped pudding and whatever conditioner they have. I use all of this stuff

Also, cut down on the junk food, booze and smoke (if you do that). Your hair hates that stuff.

Once you finally get enough for some braids, leave your hair alone so it can do it's thing. Keep it moisturized.
That stuff is mad expensive, Breh.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Yooo

Question.

What's the proper order

Do you get a line up first before getting ya hair braided/re-twisted, or do you get your hair re-twisted/ braided then get a line up?

When I had locs I think, I would see my Barber first then get it re-twisted because I was worried his ass would fukk up because we were always drinking on something at the shop when I came around:francis:

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just bought the Babyliss PRO Red FX Cordless Clipper & Trimmers... are you familiar with these joints? Trying to see if any additional blades are needed before they get delivered next week. I ain't a pro but I figured i'll start with the best clippers and trimmers on the market....any recommendations?

Do you have a review on those trimmers?

Cordless anything is a gamble but im always on the lookout

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
hb08UYm
Do you have a review on those trimmers?

Cordless anything is a gamble but im always on the lookout

No official review but I’ve been using them for the past couple of months... these joints are super official...cordless is the way to go... being that I use them a few times a week... I always keep them charged... I can’t say how fast they charge from zero because I’ve never let them die... first thing I did when I got em.. was zero them in... I had a T-outliner before these.. I would say.. the blade doesn’t get hot.. on the clippers or trimmers... I wound recommend these.. my old barber actually had to go cop a few.. he bought 2 clippers and 2 trimmers..he uses them all day.. so it’s good to keep one charging as you use the other.. anyway.. If you got any questions.. let me know breh.

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hb08UYm

No official review but I’ve been using them for the past couple of months... these joints are super official...cordless is the way to go... being that I use them a few times a week... I always keep them charged... I can’t say how fast they charge from zero because I’ve never let them die... first thing I did when I got em.. was zero them in... I had a T-outliner before these.. I would say.. the blade doesn’t get hot.. on the clippers or trimmers... I wound recommend these.. my old barber actually had to go cop a few.. he bought 2 clippers and 2 trimmers..he uses them all day.. so it’s good to keep one charging as you use the other.. anyway.. If you got any questions.. let me know breh.

Im curious because, the best performance wireless ive had was the
5-Star Cordless Retro T-Cut... i enjoyed it even better than the traditional and classic wired Andis...power and versatility was all up there

But after a year or so of moderate at best use, the motor completely died on me...stopped charging the whole nine. Ive seen something similar mentioned in a few of the reviews of the product you mentioned

Im currently working with an andis slimlime...while reliable and long lasting charge, its slightly, yet noticeably less powerful than id like....to the point im considering jus buying a Bevel

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Im curious because, the best performance wireless ive had was the
5-Star Cordless Retro T-Cut... i enjoyed it even better than the traditional and classic wired Andis...power and versatility was all up there

But after a year or so of moderate at best use, the motor completely died on me...stopped charging the whole nine. Ive seen something similar mentioned in a few of the reviews of the product you mentioned

Im currently working with an andis slimlime...while reliable and long lasting charge, its slightly, yet noticeably less powerful than id like....to the point im considering jus buying a Bevel

well i've been using this for almost a year... still working like the first day...but then again i'm not a heavy user... motor is still powerful on both of them... best thing i can suggest is find your local barber that uses these... and ask.. since they would be heavy users:manny: