The Official Homeowners Thread

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I'm partial to old fashioned wired systems. I don't want everything in the house dependant on wifi.

Yeah, I'm still running an old Safewatch 3000 / vista 20 system in my house. Not sure if adt still installs them, but you could always pick up a used one and have them monitor it. Hardwire the panel and use wireless contacts/motion sensors. You can also add a (pulse) module to it so that you can run it through an app. The pulse app also allows you to add things to it like electronically controlled lights and locks. It can also run cameras, but adt's suck, don't use them.

If you don't mind wireless, I've been pretty impressed with Ring's hardware, especially their doorbells and floodlights. App software is very snappy and iirc, their monitoring service including camera cloud storage is fairly inexpensive at around $120 a year.

Last edited:

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
got my homeowners renewal policy this morning. my mortgage will will jump at the MINIMUM roughly 31 dollars next year. waiting on property taxes. i go through USAA, im kinda getting sick of them going up on my auto/home insurance.

who do you guys go through?

Spence

Superstar
Daps
got my homeowners renewal policy this morning. my mortgage will will jump at the MINIMUM roughly 31 dollars next year. waiting on property taxes. i go through USAA, im kinda getting sick of them going up on my auto/home insurance.

Insurance across the board is going up. Mine was $2800 for the year and I’m expecting it to have a big jump this February 🤦🏽‍♂️

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps

Im in FL, so guess what I'm dealing with. :mjcry:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Im in FL, so guess what I'm dealing with. :mjcry:
There really should be a law, if insurance companies pull out of the state then homeowners should be able to shop for nationwide rates given by the companies that left. Take out this regional bs, if they want to do business in the US they have to do business with everyone, not just cherry picking the safest bets :ufdup:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
copped this set at home depot for $149

dewalt-power-tool-combo-kits-dck225d2-e1_600.jpg

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Furnace went out soon as cold weather hit

4 yr old furnace

Parts don't match. Carrier furnace. Tried DIY and the parts don't fit the pictures

Called furnace tech

Previous owners got got or knew what they was doing. This ain't the right furnace for this size house, and to make it work they patchworked parts :stopitslime:

7 g's for a new furnace

:stopitslime:

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
Furnace went out soon as cold weather hit

4 yr old furnace

Parts don't match. Carrier furnace. Tried DIY and the parts don't fit the pictures

Called furnace tech

Previous owners got got or knew what they was doing. This ain't the right furnace for this size house, and to make it work they patchworked parts :stopitslime:

7 g's for a new furnace

:stopitslime:
Seems high for just the furnace.