The Official HUNTERS Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Let's be even more honest. "Getting to the moon" wasn't even the point of bringing over Nazi scientists. The Germans had V2 rocket technology, and "we" wanted that technology to be able to build ICBM's before the Russians.

NASA was simply using the same rockets that the Van Braun and those like him developed in order to carry nuclear warheads. E.g., the "Mercury" rocket the astronauts used was just a modified Redstone nuclear missile with a space capsule instead of a warhead
Mercury-Redstone Launch Vehicle - Wikipedia
The Redstone was meant to be the American version of the German V2.
V2: The Nazi rocket that launched the space age

Saying that we brought Nazis over to get us to the moon makes it sound a bit more innocent than it really was.

Last edited:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Finally getting around to this. Digging the first ep... but Pacino saying "alright Scooby Dooby" has me all the way in loooool

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Show had a cool premise but once you get into for more than a couple of episodes the show has been done better in other shows and movies
Inglorious Basterds
Schindlers List
etc

Waste of Pacino for this show and the twist ending

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Was convinced the twist would be

Jonah being the wolf's grandson.

Fun show, a bit schizo but I fukked with it.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
The thing I find weird is the dissonance I see, where people praise a show like this and look at the people hunting the Nazis and cheer... not understanding that there couldn't be a black show like this, because while Nazis are looked back as inarguably evil... people don't look back at the hundreds of years of this very treatment of black people as nearly as bad. So while they cheer when a Nazi gets killed as 'justice', they don't want to see a black person even get recompense by way of money, and damn sure don't care to see it gotten by way of violence unless it's against some stylized, larger-than-life plantation owner a la Django.
Meanwhile, half the people watching this show have familial wealth due to this very type of atrocity over a longer period, and a nikka can't even get a meaningful 'sorry' from the government. But America was willing to assist in the disenfranchisement of brown people in Palestine to 'make things right' after WW2?

I like the show, but man I can't rock with some of the reactions I've been seeing to it because it's like people are willfully blind to America being complicit in the same type of shyt they're furious about here.

But, to restate... I like the show so far.

I GET WHERE U COMIN FROM, BUT THIS SHOW SHIITS ON AMERICA BIG TIME AND CONTINUALLY POINTS OUT THE FACT THAT ITS A WHITE SUPREMACIST COUNTRY

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Yeah see that’s my shyt :russ: If they stuck with that B movie tone throughout? :wow:

But they want it both ways. You’re either a pulpy show about Nazi hunters in America or you’re a serious drama about Nazi hunters in America. Trying to do both of those just...idk man that shyt just doesn’t work

I THOUGHT IT WORKED

SHOW WAS ON POINT

RAW EMOTION IS NEEDED IN THIS TYPE OF SHOW.. U CANT MAKE LIGHT ALL THE WAY THROUGH ON A SHOW BOUT THE HOLOCAUST & THERE WAS A GOOD BALANCE IMO

BTW SOME OF THE CATS IN HERE COMPLAINING BOUT THE PREMISE SOUND JARRINGLY SIMILAR TO THE WHITE SUPREMACISTS WHO WAS MAD BOUT THE SAME SHIIT SMH

:snoop:

BE CAREFUL WHO U ALLIGN YASELF WIT FOLKS

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I THOUGHT IT WORKED

SHOW WAS ON POINT

RAW EMOTION IS NEEDED IN THIS TYPE OF SHOW.. U CANT MAKE LIGHT ALL THE WAY THROUGH ON A SHOW BOUT THE HOLOCAUST & THERE WAS A GOOD BALANCE IMO

BTW SOME OF THE CATS IN HERE COMPLAINING BOUT THE PREMISE SOUND JARRINGLY SIMILAR TO THE WHITE SUPREMACISTS WHO WAS MAD BOUT THE SAME SHIIT SMH

Yeah the balance didn’t work for me :manny: there were times it did and other times it didn’t. There’s a way to do it and they weren’t completely successful for me. If there’s a season 2 I’ll still be down to watch but I hope that tone is better realized

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I THOUGHT IT WORKED

SHOW WAS ON POINT

But if you want to see Alternate History shows about Nazis in America, both "Plot Against America" and "The Man in the High Castle" are better shows.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Finished it over the weekend

Had a spark when it started and ended up garbage