The Official HUNTERS Thread

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
The tonal mishmash of this doesn't work. I like the show but I don't think it's that great at all.

The acting is good, the characters are interesting, and obviously the setup is fukking dope. But the tonal whiplash has got to go
I pretty much agree with this. The overlall story and flashbacks from the war were great. Also liked the relationship between the kid and his grandmother, they did the emotionally well.

Overall a very enjoyable watch. With what happens at the very end in Argentina I don't think they will drop the tonal mismatch. In the contrary probably go harder with the cartoonish tone

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I pretty much agree with this. The overlall story and flashbacks from the war were great. Also liked the relationship between the kid and his grandmother, they did the emotionally well.

Overall a very enjoyable watch. With what happens at the very end in Argentina I don't think they will drop the tonal mismatch. In the contrary probably go harder with the cartoonish tone
I’m cool with that tone tho. Just stick to it. Trying to be inglorious Basterds and Schindlers list doesn’t work. Gotta pick one

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Some of the music in this show is :wow: and I knew the sound was familiar to me. For all my "Utopia" fans same dude Cristobal Tapia de Veer who worked on "Utopia" worked on this.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I gotta finish the last episode. I like it so far. For some reason none of the scenes ever seem like a waste of time, like they move the plot along really fast and efficiently.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
On episode 3.. Good show but does there have to be a reminder in almost every scene about antisemitism? Mostly referring to the flashbacks. We get it and know that Nazis are evil and pieces of shyt so get on with hunting them down and killing them. Its like every scene past or present we have to get a healthy dose of somebody either shytting on a Jewish person or actually killing them:patrice:

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
On episode 3.. Good show but does there have to be a reminder in almost every scene about antisemitism? Mostly referring to the flashbacks. We get it and know that Nazis are evil and pieces of shyt so get on with hunting them down and killing them. Its like every scene past or present we have to get a healthy dose of somebody either shytting on a Jewish person or actually killing them:patrice:

Yes. This is done purposefully by the creator - as he should

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
Why though? I don't get it. They're a little over the top with it

The creator is a jew who wants to show all his people went through so he used over the top dramatizations of the holocaust like the chess scene (did not happen in real life). I'm not mad at it. It's normal to feel like it's too much when doing art about the holocaust or slavery but its necessary in my opinion.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
some of the flashback scenes are the actual people they are hunting. So while some of them seem just like pointless emotional scenes, it's actually relevant to their current plot.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
You and I have similar taste so you’ll prob feel how I feel. It’s ok. That tonal shyt just keeps getting in the way
I’m on like episode 3 or 4 and I definitely see what you’re talking about. When they introduced Meyer’s crew and the shyt just went full on Inglorious Basterds with intros and backstories :russ: I like it but like you said they’re trying to be both IB and Schindler’s List and it’s jarring at times, and I’m not even halfway into this show yet

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I’m on like episode 3 or 4 and I definitely see what you’re talking about. When they introduced Meyer’s crew and the shyt just went full on Inglorious Basterds with intros and backstories :russ: I like it but like you said they’re trying to be both IB and Schindler’s List and it’s jarring at times, and I’m not even halfway into this show yet
Yeah see that’s my shyt :russ: If they stuck with that B movie tone throughout? :wow:

But they want it both ways. You’re either a pulpy show about Nazi hunters in America or you’re a serious drama about Nazi hunters in America. Trying to do both of those just...idk man that shyt just doesn’t work